Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Bookies have him as 2/9 to leave Barca this summer and us as 11/10 favourites to sign him.

Bookies very rarely get it wrong, they don't like losing money.

Starting to get a little bit excited now. Whether you like him or not, whether you agree with the transfer or not, it's always exciting when you feel like you're getting close to signing a world class player.

Bookies have him as 2/9 to leave Barca this summer and us as 11/10 favourites to sign him.

Starting to get a little bit excited now. Whether you like him or not, whether you agree with the transfer or not, it's always exciting when you feel like you're getting close to signing a world class player.

bookies got it wrong with hulk, cavani, falcao and at one point even ronney.

bookies got it wrong with hulk, cavani, falcao and at one point even ronney.

Maybe. They did get a few of those wrong, but they're often right. They do get info before the rest of us after all. they had Lambert to join Liverpool as something like 1/5 about 5 hours before any news of a bid for him from Liverpool came in.

Bookies automatically adjust their odds in response to the fluctuations of bets being made - i.e. A lot of people are making bête that Fabregas will be at CFC. It doesn't mean much at all.

I mean they once even had Harry Redknapp as odds on favourite before AVB was signed I think. Don't read too much into that.

Bookies automatically adjust their odds in response to the fluctuations of bets being made - i.e. A lot of people are making bête that Fabregas will be at CFC. It doesn't mean much at all.

I mean they once even had Harry Redknapp as odds on favourite before AVB was signed I think. Don't read too much into that.

I think there's a small difference though.

And that's the volume of one person/entity.

A big players will not put down much money on something not so sure but on secure news.

As recently it happened with David Luiz to PSG.

Also happened with Moyes to United.

Actually they often get this sort of thing wrong. Cavani, Falcao, Hulk, Pastore, Hazard.

They rely on the rumour mill just as much as we do.

I think there's a small difference though.

And that's the volume of one person/entity.

A big players will not put down much money on something not so sure but on secure news.

As recently it happened with David Luiz to PSG.

Also happened with Moyes to United.

That doesn't mean much though... The bookies rely on rumours just as much as the casual football fan does. If rumours intensify over a certain situation of course they'll slash the odds, because they don't want to lose money. If the rumour was false all they have to do is raise it back up a little.

Chelsea ready to make £30m move for Barcelona’s Cesc Fábregas

• Arsenal turn down chance to re-sign former captain
• Blues set to make offer with first choice Koke heading to Barça

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/02/chelsea-30m-move-cesc-fabregas-barcelona-arsenal

The Guardian are now reporting it, he may be a cunt but he's exactly what we need to partner Matic, looks like we're finally getting that playmaker/creative mid we've all be crying out for.

Basically our interest in him is pretty much real now at this stage, it is not just baseless rumors anymore. I think if we bid 30m Barca will accept, the thing is does he really want to come to us? Yes we all know his 1st option is Arsenal, but they are not interested. MU or City don't seem to be interested too, making it in theory that just us vs Liverpool. Now that is assuming he wants/will go to England, all we know is that PSG might come out tomorrow and put in a 40m bid then he will be going to them.

Rumors are that he is reluctant to sign with us because he doesn't have a good relationship with Jose-I hope not.

That doesn't mean much though... The bookies rely on rumours just as much as the casual football fan does. If rumours intensify over a certain situation of course they'll slash the odds, because they don't want to lose money. If the rumour was false all they have to do is raise it back up a little.

Well I remember reading that the odds was change because someone or a small group place a massive bet and so so.

Massive bet are usually made by those individuals who know information ahead of the public.