Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

That he should have a greater influence, that's all and keep the ball better. He's already a player in his prime, so I don't expect him to drastically improve in any weak areas.

He's one of the best central midfielders in the world, so of course he has to play. B)

I've made my own concerns about Fabregas very clear over the summer/early part of the season. The first 30 minutes today our midfield was way too open, but Liverpool didn't take advantage and I don't think Mourinho would set the team up like that against better opposition. We can take liberties with teams as bad as Liverpool; that belief has got us 29 points from 11 games. I'm not going to complain.

Where it gets really interesting is how Mourinho uses Fabregas / set the teams up in the latter stages of the Champions League.

I've made my own concerns about Fabregas very clear over the summer/early part of the season. The first 30 minutes today our midfield was way too open, but Liverpool didn't take advantage and I don't think Mourinho would set the team up like that against better opposition. We can take liberties with teams as bad as Liverpool; that belief has got us 29 points from 11 games. I'm not going to complain. Where it gets really interesting is how Mourinho uses Fabregas / set the teams up in the latter stages of the Champions League.

I think he'll play him as an AM or bench him, but I thought that about Man City away too which is probably the most difficult PL game and he played him in CM!

I've made my own concerns about Fabregas very clear over the summer/early part of the season. The first 30 minutes today our midfield was way too open, but Liverpool didn't take advantage and I don't think Mourinho would set the team up like that against better opposition. We can take liberties with teams as bad as Liverpool; that belief has got us 29 points from 11 games. I'm not going to complain.

Where it gets really interesting is how Mourinho uses Fabregas / set the teams up in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Mourinho will probably play 4-3-3, at least away from home. The problem with that is Ramires isn't good enough technically and it will be harsh on Oscar (if he's still in the form he's in at the minute). That's still so far away though.

I think he'll play him as an AM or bench him, but I thought that about Man City away too which is probably the most difficult PL game and he played him in CM!

That would be treated as the end of the world by some.

Mourinho will probably play 4-3-3, at least away from home. The problem with that is Ramires isn't good enough technically and it will be harsh on Oscar (if he's still in the form he's in at the minute). That's still so far away though.

Giving Mourinho more than enough time to think things through.

Possession play was disgraceful during that time. If you're going to concede possession that cheaply, you will always struggle immensely.

Once the possession play improved, Liverpool became dull.

Big game weak link at the moment

They highlighted that on MOTD.Defensive frailties led to at least 3 goals conceded so far. I think its something that can be adapted to his game though, hes an intelligent bloke. There have been loads of SW6 'stars' eg Hazard, Drogba, that Mourinho has dug out and modified their play so as to incorporate dormant defensive qualities.

He should be playing as number 10. Ramires has to start next to matic.

Yes exactly, he can still drop deep to get the ball from the CB's. On the RW we will have to choose between Oscar and Willian then, based on form.

In smaller games he can still play in the pivot next to Matic.

I don't mind him being responsible for some goals conceded here and there (although rarely he's been the only player at fault for a goal conceded), as long as he gets back in previous form offensively. He has had a dip recently which is understandable.

On the subject of his performances lately, he's been carrying an injury which explains a lot.

Exactly, but of course the urban myth that he starts well and fades is a much more popular opinion than the truth...

This guy has been exactly what was missing for so many years.