Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Wait for Nike to say "You can the difference between Modric and Fabregas. Modric yesterday dominated Liverpool. Like I was saying when under pressure, Fabregas is not comfortable in possession like Modric and Thiago are. This is why Fabregas was not wanted at Barca as he waste possession too much. Mourinho will soon realise that playing Fabregas against teams who don't give you time on the ball will not work".

That being said he was poor tonight.

Wait for Nike to say "You can the difference between Modric and Fabregas. Modric yesterday dominated Liverpool. Like I was saying when under pressure, Fabregas is not comfortable in possession like Modric and Thiago are. This is why Fabregas was not wanted at Barca as he waste possession too much. Mourinho will soon realise that playing Fabregas against teams who don't give you time on the ball will not work".

That being said he was poor tonight.

what he said...

But I only watched the second half.

How can you find him "poor" tonight ? I found him rather great, doing his job at a position very difficult to play in, against an opposition that made it hard for us, especially mentally, we were sloppy in everything until their goal.

How can you find him "poor" tonight ? I found him rather great, doing his job at a position very difficult to play in, against an opposition that made it hard for us, especially mentally, we were sloppy in everything until their goal.

He lost the ball several times. Especially in first half. Was physically poor as well. Second half a bit better and he made a few good long range passes but general performance below par.

He lost the ball several times. Especially in first half. Was physically poor as well. Second half a bit better and he made a few good long range passes but general performance below par.

You cant expect from him to play two times a week and produce the same performances everytime, he still had an assist tonight tough, wrongly disallowed goal.Where was Schurrle, Willian in the first half to help him in midfield ? Even Matic wasnt playing at his level, until the Maribor goal, all the team was bad, I think Cesc was the only one who still produced key passes in the opposition half, with Eden.

You cant expect from him to play two times a week and produce the same performances everytime, he still had an assist tonight tough, wrongly disallowed goal.Where was Schurrle, Willian in the first half to help him in midfield ? Even Matic wasnt playing at his level, until the Maribor goal, all the team was bad, I think Cesc was the only one who still produced key passes in the opposition half, with Eden.

We played on Saturday. 4 days to prepare for this game. That is not a good enough excuse. Especially considering Maribor are much inferior opponents. Yes the majority of the team were below-par except Hazard who was a threat all game long. I agree that he made some key passes but for his standards his performance was below-par. Espeically considering he was outmuscled and dispossessed quite a few times. But yes, generally there was not enough bite in the team tonight.

It is just amazing to reflect once again that people think you can completely disregard these type of games and leave out 3+ key players. This the Champions League we are talking about.