Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Unfortunely he is kinda big game choker...will be interesting to see how it affects our performances. Probably not so much in PL but more in CL where you eventualy play only top teams.

Oh no you can't say cesc doesn't play well in big games! People will go losing their minds!!!!!

The past couple of weeks showed exactly what Cesc is about. Delivering decent skill and precise passing, the more space he has the better. He will dominate weak teams like QPR, Palace etc and completely vanish in big games. He is a brilliant player and after this season no one will question his deliveries. He might very well pile up 30+ assists in all comps. Nonetheless he is a choker and will vanish in most big games no matter how poor DMs he faces.

It is no coincidence we once won against an Arsenal team he captained 5 successive times. I only remember 1 big game he actually performed in., which was when Arsenal beat us 3-1 at the Emirates due to some atrocious defensive errors by us. I remember most of his games against us and against MU. The latter i watched hoping that they could help us and take some points from them. But they never did. Everytime I switched to the stream he only saw him shooting wide and trotting back with hanging head. He was also immensely shit in our two encounters with Barcelona in 2012. Let's face it. This season he vanished vs City and MU. And you know what: Who cares. We bought him as our flat track bully, the one thing we lacked last season to win the title. Let's see what we can do in the big games though we should not rely on Fab.

Other players like Hazard, Oscar, Courtois have to step up and show their class now to crown their names with big titles by delivering in the most crucial of times. For the league it will suffice to be flat track bullies and for the rest let's hope our young guns develop into the kind of big-match winners Fabregas never will be.

I completely agree with this 100%. We will win the league and he will play a huge part simply by killing 75% of the teams himself. The other top 5, we will have to rely on out main threats like hazard and costa, but when talking abut players scoring in big games Schurrle should be mentioned.

One thing I would hope to see cesc do is put his foot on the ball and just help us control possession more when we are away in the big games. Do that and he will be invaluable.

Unfortunely he is kinda big game choker...will be interesting to see how it affects our performances. Probably not so much in PL but more in CL where you eventualy play only top teams.

There is no better coach than Jose to stamp out the 'Arsenalitis' that Fabregas seems to suffer from in big games however. Hopefully the eradication is complete before we get to the top dogs in the CL.

I seen on MOTD that they were having a twitter survey to find out would you prefer to have Alexis Sanchez or Eden Hazard in your team with the implication that they were the two best midfielders in the league... For me Fabregas is the best in the league. Sure he does not have the all round action game of those two but he will do the simple things exceptionally well and put the ball on a plate for someone in the 6 yard box. The goal of the month highlights reel is fine to look at but its goals that win the league and Fab will get the job done against the smaller teams who defend with two close banks of 4 and they best way to break them down and get the first goal is with that killer pass that he provides. Once that is done they have to come out and try to attack and then Hazard can do his thing when he gets more space to make runs but the main man is Fabregas.

The past couple of weeks showed exactly what Cesc is about. Delivering decent skill and precise passing, the more space he has the better. He will dominate weak teams like QPR, Palace etc and completely vanish in big games. He is a brilliant player and after this season no one will question his deliveries. He might very well pile up 30+ assists in all comps. Nonetheless he is a choker and will vanish in most big games no matter how poor DMs he faces.

It is no coincidence we once won against an Arsenal team he captained 5 successive times. I only remember 1 big game he actually performed in., which was when Arsenal beat us 3-1 at the Emirates due to some atrocious defensive errors by us. I remember most of his games against us and against MU. The latter i watched hoping that they could help us and take some points from them. But they never did. Everytime I switched to the stream he only saw him shooting wide and trotting back with hanging head. He was also immensely shit in our two encounters with Barcelona in 2012. Let's face it. This season he vanished vs City and MU. And you know what: Who cares. We bought him as our flat track bully, the one thing we lacked last season to win the title. Let's see what we can do in the big games though we should not rely on Fab.

Other players like Hazard, Oscar, Courtois have to step up and show their class now to crown their names with big titles by delivering in the most crucial of times. For the league it will suffice to be flat track bullies and for the rest let's hope our young guns develop into the kind of big-match winners Fabregas never will be.

Cesc to me is like Juan Mata. Except significantly stronger, but just as slow and just as invisibile defensively on the counter. So, he a definite upgrade to Juan Mata and fills a void Chelsea has had when Mata left.

The same people that said cesc is better than modric/thiago are probably the same kids that said mata was better than silva because of his superior stats, but we all know how great of an analysis that was.

Cesc to me is like Juan Mata. Except significantly stronger, but just as slow and just as invisibile defensively on the counter. So, he a definite upgrade to Juan Mata and fills a void Chelsea has had when Mata left.

The same people that said cesc is better than modric/thiago are probably the same kids that said mata was better than silva because of his superior stats, but we all know how great of an analysis that was.

Modric and Cesc are equals in my opinion. Cesc is definitely better than Thiago Alcantara.

Mata also WAS better than Silva when at his best for us.

The moment Mourinho doesn't ask Cesc to be more careful against stronger sides, and gives him the same freedom he has against the average ones, he'll perform better. But there's always the fact that better teams also have better defenders, who'll try to bully him and neutralize him as much as they can. I think it depends more on Mourinho's instructions of his job rather than the opposition marking him out of the match. He played very well against City imo - and it seems Mourinho was very clear about he wanted from him... and that wasn't much related to attacking.

Modric and Cesc are equals in my opinion. Cesc is definitely better than Thiago Alcantara.

Mata also WAS better than Silva when at his best for us.

Modric and Cesc arent equal...

Modric can handle the press, can press and is effective defensively even though he has a small stature.

Mata was never better than Silva. Mata score more goals and got more assists, but everyone in Spain new that Silva was always better than Mata. Silva, like Modric can handle man marking/pressing, while both mata and cesc have superior stats to both, but cant handle it.

Its funny, Pep was cesc idol growing up, yet Pep never made any bid for Cesc, yet Thiago was always the number 1 player Pep wanted at Munich. Says a lot.

Modric and Cesc arent equal...

Modric can handle the press, can press and is effective defensively even though he has a small stature.

Mata was never better than Silva. Mata score more goals and got more assists, but everyone in Spain new that Silva was always better than Mata. Silva, like Modric can handle man marking/pressing, while both mata and cesc have superior stats to both, but cant handle it.

Its funny, Pep was cesc idol growing up, yet Pep never made any bid for Cesc, yet Thiago was always the number 1 player Pep wanted at Munich. Says a lot.

I'm begging you, please, just stop with the Thiago brown nosing.

Modric has been the better player over the last 18 months or so. I think that has to be acknowledged. Regardless, Cesc fits us like a glove and the difference is not big to begin with.

What does Guardiola signing or not signing anyone have to do with anything, though? He told Eto'o to fuck off and the latter immediately won the treble. With Zlatan, he couldn't deal with one of the most outstanding players in 21st century European football. You're going down a dangerous route if you start judging players by who they were wanted or not wanted by. And Thiago, really? First let him do something in the mickey mouse bundesliga, then we'll talk.

Are you mentally ill? Signing Cesc was Pep and Rosell's biggest prizet/wishlist for going on 2 seasons prior and after the 2010 World cup. He even bloody assigned him the #4 kit out of respect for him, even after the cringeworthy 'Barca DNA' bollocks.

His head is so up Thiago's arse that he cannot see that Barca tried to get Fabregas for 2-3 seasons running. Fabregas committed himself to Arsenal for at least another season and it was inevitabe that he would end up at Barca. Barcelona made so much effort to get back Fabregas. Sometimes Nike just comes out with pure rubbish.