Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

The captain doesn't need to be a native speaker, but he does need to speak English very well in order to get his points across to the ref and his teammates.

Blahh, give it time. Costa will learn English and be our next capitan.

Blahh, give it time. Costa will learn English and be our next capitan.

Personally, don't think he'll learn English. Our Brazilians still aren't exactly fluent.

And referees wouldn't trust and listen to him even if he does. He looks like a thug. :lol:

Blahhh, he most likely won't! :P

Personally, don't think he'll learn English. Our Brazilians still aren't exactly fluent.

And referees wouldn't trust and listen to him even if he does. He looks like a thug. :lol:

Fine! Cesc will be capitan than, sheesh[emoji35] [emoji35] lol.

I loved how Ashley described it.

"This slice of pizza came flying over my head and hit Fergie straight in the mush. The slap echoed down the tunnel and everything stopped - the fighting, the yelling, everything. All eyes turned and all mouths gawped to see this pizza slip off that famous puce face and roll down his nice black suit." :lol:

Brilliant. Jose seems to have just found out as well when he was intervewed on itv the other night alluding to the incident said " Fabregas is abetter guy than I thought" :D

I don't believe he's a gooner at heart, tbh--for the same reasons many Arsenal fans don't believe that. He was Arsenal's Captain and they made him the player he is, so understandably, he's fond of them and will always say nice things about Arsenal, but I don't believe he's really a gooner at heart. A gooner at heart wouldn't leave Goonerland, no matter what. A gooner at heart would never join another London top club if he has other options, and Cesc admitted himself he had 3 other options only in England. A gooner at heart would not celebrate the goal he created against Arsenal.

If anything, he's a Barcelona fan at heart.

Cesc looks very committed to us and it's been only 4 months, so I don't really think it would be an issue by the time we'll have to choose the next captain.

Well can the same be said about Lampard then? :whistling:

Well can the same be said about Lampard then? :whistling:

No, IMO. I can't say I'm happy with Frank(I'm really not), but the situations are a bit different. Frank didn't leave Chelsea at 24, at the prime of his career. Frank isn't in his prime and didn't have the luxury of choosing between top clubs; Cesc had at least 3 other options besides Chelsea. Frank was visibly upset by his goal against us and didn't celebrate; Cesc ran half of the pitch to hug Costa after his assist and was all smiles and fist pumps. Whatever fondness Cesc still may have for Arsenal, he's far more committed to us already than I expected.

To be fair Willian's English has come a long way and Filipe's is already excellent, but I guess the likes of Oscar and Costa probably don't feel the need to learn the language since we have such a big Portuguese/Spanish speaking core.

To be fair Willian's English has come a long way and Filipe's is already excellent, but I guess the likes of Oscar and Costa probably don't feel the need to learn the language since we have such a big Portuguese/Spanish speaking core.

I think Oscar's getting a bit better too, but it's still very far from good.