Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

“No, no, this is a joke. This is a joke. There will only be one team who can do that - the Arsenal ‘Invincibles’ team of 2003,” he told Sky Sports when asked if Chelsea can emulate his former club.
"I was part of it a little bit at the end and it was a different class team.
"I don't think we are there yet, but we're building up a young, talented, solid team and hopefully we can get into the final part of the season with options for winning everything."

Not really that bad tbh.

I don't think what he said is bad, I'm just saying it's weird because the media usually make a huge fuss from much less than this, especially when about us...

I guess they're tired of the whole Chelsea-Cesc-Arsenal triangle. Cesc has been a Chelsea player for 4 months already and proved his commitment to us during the game against Arsenal, so there's no story anymore.

I guess they're tired of the whole Chelsea-Cesc-Arsenal triangle. Cesc has been a Chelsea player for 4 months already and proved his commitment to us during the game against Arsenal, so there's no story anymore.

Well the Arsenal fans sure were milking the comments yesterday and today. I don't think it will ever be 'over' for them! :lol:

Well the Arsenal fans sure were milking the comments yesterday and today. I don't think it will ever be 'over' for them! :lol:

Well, it's the only thing they can do. Seriously, Arsenal fans are like ditched jealous ex-boyfriends watching their ex being happy and doing great with someone else. They just can't let go. Though it must hurt, considering that "someone else" is the guy who's bean beating them year after year. :lol:

Not at all the same thing. Jose said that the league and football in general has changed in the past decade and that there will never be another invincible. Cesc said that we are no where near the level of that Arsenal team. Very different.

I know that both are trying to take the pressure off the team, but there is material there that can cause a lot of potential fuss (and get a lot of hits). Media doesn't usually miss out on that.

1. All this media chatter about the possibility of our team going unbeaten is self-serving drivel spewed by pathetic media types. They have newspapers or broadcast schedules to fill and that's the sole reason they write or speak about it. They don't believe it's actually going to happen any more than we do.

2. Of all the reasons being given for why we won't go unbeaten the one which has, so far, been conspicuous by its absence is the fact that the 03/04 Arsenal team was indeed genuinely brilliant. Cesc is right to say that our side is not at their level and he deserves no criticism for speaking the truth.

I don't get what's there to discuss either. So Cesc doesn't think we can be label invincibles. That's true. It's been only 8 matches through. There's no point to discuss this with another 30 matches to go... Also there was nothing wrong or eye catching in what he said. I don't get it.

1. All this media chatter about the possibility of our team going unbeaten is self-serving drivel spewed by pathetic media types. They have newspapers or broadcast schedules to fill and that's the sole reason they write or speak about it. They don't believe it's actually going to happen any more than we do.

2. Of all the reasons being given for why we won't go unbeaten the one which has, so far, been conspicuous by its absence is the fact that the 03/04 Arsenal team was indeed genuinely brilliant. Cesc is right to say that our side is not at their level and he deserves no criticism for speaking the truth.

Completely agree.

I don't get what's there to discuss either. So Cesc doesn't think we can be label invincibles. That's true. It's been only 8 matches through. There's no point to discuss this with another 30 matches to go... Also there was nothing wrong or eye catching in what he said. I don't get it.

Come on, there's nothing eye catching about the ex-Arsenal captain who just controversially moved to their rivals, Chelsea, saying that his current team cannot replicate his ex-team's best ever achievement? You really wanna say that the British sports media does not, and on a regular basis, make a huge fuss about much less than that just to get hits? :lol:

If three years ago someone told me our fans would be signing this song, I would have thought that person was crazy. By the way, are we going to keep using this song for Cesc? Not sure how I feel about stealing Arsenal's song. Though it is kind of hilariously appropriate and everyone knows it.

Will be interesting to see what the team is at Old Trafford, the Matic and Cesc pivot (defensively) has improved a lot, however I think 4 3 3 might be the order of the day at the swamp.

Stunning goal. :clap: I love it when players fool the keeper and score at the near post.

Yeah, hopefully Ramires is back. I'd be worried about Di Maria's ability to burst past players with the ball in central areas and that could cause us problems. But beyond that I really don't think we have much to worry about.

I hope not, this team we have played since Ramires injury is our best XI and most balanced. Beside why bench arguably our best player in the last 3-4 games in Oscar in favor a player just returning from injury.

I hope not, this team we have played since Ramires injury is our best XI and most balanced. Beside why bench arguably our best player in the last 3-4 games in Oscar in favor a player just returning from injury.

I think if anyone will be benched in favour of Ramires it's Willian, not Oscar. Ramires on the wing, moving to form 4-3-3 most of the time.

Surely with all of Man utd's attacking players, it makes sense to include another more defensive midfielder.

Has become our most important player this season

Nah I would argue Matic is our most important player. I think his influence is much harder to replace, I think we can do without cesc influence for a patch of games due to players like Hazard and Oscar. But no doubt we are much better team with Cesc.

Nah I would argue Matic is our most important player. I think his influence is much harder to replace, I think we can do without cesc influence for a patch of games due to players like Hazard and Oscar. But no doubt we are much better team with Cesc.

IMO We can replace matic with mikel. He is less mobile but he can play that holding midfielder.

Without Fabregas we are back to last season, no creativity in the midfield no passer

IMO We can replace matic with mikel. He is less mobile but he can play that holding midfielder.

Without Fabregas we are back to last season, no creativity in the midfield no passer

We can't replace Cesc or Matic.