Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

no, actually fact is he doesn't play enough matches to even have a contest/comparison, let alone be a winner. So the point is, Thiago barely plays, but for Nike he's still better than Cesc - even if he doesn't play because he's injured all the time.

Of course it's a shame he's injured... for the 3049503496th time. That's exactly the point when the 'serious' conversation was going on. How can you compare a player that barely plays to a player that has been in an UCL final, is an European (twice) and a WC winner, won six (I guess) trophies at Barcelona actually playing in most matches? Thiago won trophies at Barça and Bayern barely playing a part because he's injured all time. He doesn't have continuity not because of inconsistency, but simply because he's always injured.

The absurdity of that comparison was so big that even injured he's better than Fabregas (for Nike anyways), because that's how he spends most of the season anyways, because what Nike is defending is that a player that barely plays is better than a well established player that is one of the best midfielders in the world. It's not even a joke, it's sarcasm by Iseah.

its not really that weird...

For example, Hazard is like 23 and I bet everyone on this board would say he is a "better" player than Joe Cole. Joe Cole has more titles, etc, but you dont need to play x amount of games to know who is better....

Less than 10 years ago I thought Cesc was better than anything Arsenal had to offer in the midfield, regardless of his age and his background. Some players, you dont need x amount of games to show you that.

its not really that weird...

For example, Hazard is like 23 and I bet everyone on this board would say he is a "better" player than Joe Cole. Joe Cole has more titles, etc, but you dont need to play x amount of games to tell that....

I think you are grasping at straws now, mate! We know exactly how good Joe Cole and Eden Hazard can be over a course of a season. We know how consistent Fabregas is over a season but Thiago Alcantara is a very different story. He has only shown glimpses and flashes of ability. He has a lot to prove, he may yet be better than Fabregas but there isn't enough proof at the moment for that to be concrete. We know what Fabregas can do, we have seen him do it for over a decade, Thiago hasn't even played over 100 league matches and I'm not sure how many are substitute appearances. As of right now, Thiago is a mystery box and Cesc is geniune.

aza

I think you are grasping at straws now, mate! We know exactly how good Joe Cole and Eden Hazard can be over a course of a season. We know how consistent Fabregas is over a season but Thiago Alcantara is a very different story. He has only shown glimpses and flashes of ability. He has a lot to prove, he may yet be better than Fabregas but there isn't enough proof at the moment for that to be concrete. We know what Fabregas can do, we have seen him do it for over a decade, Thiago hasn't even played over 100 league matches and I'm not sure how many are substitute appearances. As of right now, Thiago is a mystery box and Cesc is geniune.

The fact was that hazard hasnt been really consistent, yet many would already put him above Joe Cole...

Obviously, he doesnt have an injury record like thiago has since 2012, but my point was that hazard wasnt consistent, yet you can already tell, hazard at this young age is far greater than Joe cole ever was.

The fact was that hazard hasnt been really consistent, yet many would already put him above Joe Cole...

Obviously, he doesnt have an injury record like thiago has since 2012, but my point was that hazard wasnt consistent, yet you can already tell, hazard at this young age is far greater than Joe cole ever was.

Hazard doesn't have the looming danger of a career ruined by injuries.

Hazard doesn't have the looming danger of a career ruined by injuries.

In actuality he does. Hazard playstyle is really a concern..The amount of little hits he takes every game will take its toll in a few years....

However, back to thiago. THiago was munich's best player when he was playing for munich last season. Not bastian, kroos, gotze, muller, it was thiago. Read redcafe or munich boards, and they would all say the same thing. When thiago was on munich, the team clicked extremely well. When they got raped to madrid, thiago got injured the week prior i think.

In actuality he does. Hazard playstyle is really a concern..The amount of little hits he takes every game will take its toll in a few years....

However, back to thiago. THiago was munich's best player when he was playing for munich last season. Not bastian, kroos, gotze, muller, it was thiago. Read redcafe or munich boards, and they would all say the same thing. When thiago was on munich, the team clicked extremely well. When they got raped to madrid, thiago got injured the week prior i think.

Ahh shit, he's back.

I teach in U.S. I know how good average Americans are in math. Its not that they are idiots. Its the education system and the culture. I think you are being too sensitive.

When did I say that numbers lie or stats should not be used to compare players?

You know what is stupid? Discussing unrelated players for pages in the thread for Reus or comparing Thiago and Fabregas for pages here are stupid things to do.

Not as unnecessary as the stuff that Nike writes in every thread. Check out the last pages of the thread for Reus for example.

I wrote in another thread that Americans love comparing players. This is like watching ESPN or Fox sports. Tactics, systems and analysis are like heavy math to them and they can barely do basic math.

Yea. Americans are dumb.

Therefore go back to your country

Stunning goal. :clap: I love it when players fool the keeper and score at the near post.

Will be interesting to see what the team is at Old Trafford, the Matic and Cesc pivot (defensively) has improved a lot, however I think 4 3 3 might be the order of the day at the swamp.

Yeah, hopefully Ramires is back. I'd be worried about Di Maria's ability to burst past players with the ball in central areas and that could cause us problems. But beyond that I really don't think we have much to worry about.

Stunning goal. :clap: I love it when players fool the keeper and score at the near post.

Yeah, hopefully Ramires is back. I'd be worried about Di Maria's ability to burst past players with the ball in central areas and that could cause us problems. But beyond that I really don't think we have much to worry about.

For sure, it's quite surreal how things change so quickly.

2 years back or even last year if I was offered 2 points at Old Trafford and Anfield coming up I would have took it and ran, with this team I genuinely believe we can take 6, infact I would be hugely disappointed with less than 4 purely because our system is tailor made to beat both.