Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Mourinho wants Fabregas to 'control' games so I assume he will be playing him as a CM. I wonder how we will line up in the big games though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 man midfield in the big games...

Maybe something like:

Fabregas -- Ramires/MVG

--------- Matic --------------

I can't wait to see him actually playing. It is quite surreal, it was like when Torres came he was so associated with Liverpool and now Cesc I just see him as the Arsenal captain, can't believe he plays for Chelsea now.

The past doesn't matter if he puts 100% in then great :)

Any chance for him to be a captain, if Terry, Cech and Drogba not playing?

Im just as excited as every one else bout Cesc but captain? Not a chance. Ridiculous to even think about it. What about the players who have actually done something in a Chelsea shirt? Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpi, Hazard etc...

If anyone is interested, this is from the latest club magazine...

BtUJfCvCMAAFtCp.png

Opta's definition for 'Big Chances Created' is basically 'Clear Cut Chances Created'. Though they don't have the definition for the term, it's pretty much along these lines..

Fabregas shown that he's still good by those stats.

Also to noticed why Koke is highly rated. Putting those numbers at such a young age, he is competing against Fabregas. Top potential that lad.

Mourinho - "We needed a player for the midfield with a different footballistic profile and a pure left-back - a real left-back. I explained to Fabregas the move was perfect for him, while Filipe gives us more solutions because we can switch Azpilicueta [to right-back] and play Ivanovic at centre-back if we want to."

"Fabregas is a player of control. Hes a player that wants the ball, a player that needs the ball. It means in those away matches we lost last season we will have much more control of the game and much more initiative than we had before."

Good thing he really noticed this because last season we all was saying that. Well that and a striker.

So while last season we could have won if Mourinho had fix those problems, but it's good that he can rectify his mistakes and do it fast.

While looking for an answer to why Barcelona let Fabregas go, I stumbled upon this: http://neymarketing.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/requiem-for-a-dream-how-barcelonas-prodigal-son-became-their-most-damaging-signing-in-a-generation/

Haven't finished reading yet but it seems like an interesting read.

Edit: If the article can be any trusted, maybe we should be more concerned about his defensive capabilities than previously thought. I must confess I never saw Fabregas as this massive defensive liability that the article portrays. Yet I hope the author is right about this at least: "he will probably win more there (Chelsea) than he ever did".

While looking for an answer to why Barcelona let Fabregas go, I stumbled upon this: http://neymarketing.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/requiem-for-a-dream-how-barcelonas-prodigal-son-became-their-most-damaging-signing-in-a-generation/

Haven't finished reading it yet but it seems like an interesting read.

lol, neymarketing