Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Kroos, Rakitic etc. aren't exactly known for their speed either.

I think a Fabregas - Matic midfield would be identical to the Schweinsteiger - Martinez midfield Bayern had in 12/13.

But, martinez is a little faster than matic so the bayern midfield was okay.

If matic had essien's speed I'll have no problem with fabregas there. But I don't think its good to have that slow a pivot, risky.

Kroos, Rakitic etc. aren't exactly known for their speed either.

I think a Fabregas - Matic midfield would be identical to the Schweinsteiger - Martinez midfield Bayern had in 12/13.

I think you're overestimating the potential midfield of Fibreglass and Matic.

But, martinez is a little faster than matic so the bayern midfield was okay.

If matic had essien's speed I'll have no problem with fabregas there. But I don't think its good to have that slow a pivot, risky.

In the same way, Fabregas is also slightly faster than Schweini - so you could say that counteracts that.

Besides - if we need speed in midfield (in the bigger games) we could always just hypothetically field a midfield three of Fabregas, Ramires and Matic, which is a very balanced three.

I don't think we'd necessarily need speed in midfield against the sides that sit deep against us - which is where a player in the ilk of Fabregas could become very useful if you get what I mean.

I think you're overestimating the potential midfield of Fibreglass and Matic.

I can understand why anyone would say that, but I personally just think Fabregas is a very fine CM and could easily be in the same class as the Toures, Vidals and Iniestas of this world if used properly but then again, I just really rate Fab as a player and I can perfectly understand why others don't.

are we talking about the same fiberglass that has been hopelessly average in la liga against deep defences with a striker like messi?

Yes, the same Fabregas that was probably up there as the best midfielder in the PL alongside players like Lamps when he was at Arsenal.

As I've said before, I strongly believe Barcelona aren't using him correctly at all and that the system over there strongly prohibits his performances but still, you obviously just have a very big dislike for him so there's no point in discussing his abilities with you.

Brilliant player, would take him in a heartbeat.
He might not have the pace of Gundogan, but he is a true visionary from deeper positions.
It is nice having someone quick in the pivot (especially with the mighty glacier Matic) but it is not as important as in other positions. Cesc is an offensive weapon who can contribute both directly and indirectly in the attack, and he is (contrary to what people believe) quite capable in the defence, better than Gundogan or Kroos.

If we can get him for around £40m it is a no-brainer.

He might not have the pace of Gundogan, but he is a true visionary from deeper positions.

It is nice having someone quick in the pivot (especially with the mighty glacier Matic) but it is not as important as in other positions. Cesc is an offensive weapon who can contribute both directly and indirectly in the attack, and he is (contrary to what people believe) quite capable in the defence, better than Gundogan or Kroos.

Gundogan has been out for a year, but Kroos is hardly a defensive workhorse is he?

Fabregas is a nice player but I simply don't think he has the mentality that Jose wants. He doesn't have that fire that Jose craves from his players which is why I think that any transfer for him is unlikely.

To me he's a bottle-job....perfect for Arsenal.

Yes, the same Fabregas that was probably up there as the best midfielder in the PL alongside players like Lamps when he was at Arsenal.

As I've said before, I strongly believe Barcelona aren't using him correctly at all and that the system over there strongly prohibits his performances but still, you obviously just have a very big dislike for him so there's no point in discussing his abilities with you.

oh ya... the same midfield in arsenal that was conceding 4 goals after going 4-0 up. the defence organizations of that midfield was so laughable that a semi-pro team could score.

his "abilities" in no way outweigh his deficiencies which are MANY!!! barcelona used him in a 3 man midfield sacrificing iniesta on the wings, as a false nine, a winger yada yada yada... and he was average everywhere. his best position in barca would be false 9. defensively i dont think he contibutes half of what jose would want for a B2B or a DLP. defnitely far from the player we need for 30mil.

oh ya... the same midfield in arsenal that was conceding 4 goals after going 4-0 up. the defence organizations of that midfield was so laughable that a semi-pro team could score.

Because Fabregas is responsible for how Arsene Wenger sets up his team and is the only player on the pitch when he did play for Arsenal...

his "abilities" in no way outweigh his deficiencies which are MANY!!! barcelona used him in a 3 man midfield sacrificing iniesta on the wings, as a false nine, a winger yada yada yada... and he was average everywhere. his best position in barca would be false 9. defensively i dont think he contibutes half of what jose would want for a B2B or a DLP. defnitely far from the player we need for 30mil.

His best position is as a DLP/B2B type player similarly to how he played like at Arsenal. That's when he produced his best sort of football.

But fair enough, that's your opinion and I can understand that. They're valid arguments but I just personally really like Fabregas as a player and think he'd do very well here next to Matic, main reasons being that I think they compliment each other well and that he'd be a world class signing especially if he recaptures his Arsenal form which I do think he's capable of.

Because Fabregas is responsible for how Arsene Wenger sets up his team and is the only player on the pitch when he did play for Arsenal...

His best position is as a DLP/B2B type player similarly to how he played like at Arsenal. That's when he produced his best sort of football.

But fair enough, that's your opinion and I can understand that. They're valid arguments but I just personally really like Fabregas as a player and think he'd do very well here next to Matic, main reasons being that I think they compliment each other well and that he'd be a world class signing especially if he recaptures his Arsenal form which I do think he's capable of.

fiberglass was the captain. he is responsible for the way his team performs on the pitch. the way his team shows character and fight on the pitch.the mentality that arsenal show on the pitch and arsenal's was shown like his.

and thats why i say his abilities dont outweigh his liabilities. his best position is still out for debate. the position we want him to play in for us, he has not played for 3 years (club and country). his mentality has massive question marks. also his defensive work has massive question marks which will simply be the most important aspect of the B2B we want to buy.

fiberglass was the captain. he is responsible for the way his team performs on the pitch. the way his team shows character and fight on the pitch.the mentality that arsenal show on the pitch and arsenal's was shown like his.

and thats why i say his abilities dont outweigh his liabilities. his best position is still out for debate. the position we want him to play in for us, he has not played for 3 years (club and country). his mentality has massive question marks. also his defensive work has massive question marks which will simply be the most important aspect of the B2B we want to buy.

?? Bizarre statement. No one blames Terry when we lose.

?? Bizarre statement. No one blames Terry when we lose.

people dont??? i think they do!!! still remember last season when JT was injured for the majority of it, people blamed lamps/cech/cole/whoever was wearing the armband for showing a lack of leadership many times. reading game whe we lost a 2 goal lead, soton defear, qpr defeat , our general perfomance in the europa league. everything was questioned.

people just dont blame JT cos i have not seen a performance from him which said "he dint care". he is a perfect leader and the best thing is that he leads with example. and thats why is a LEGEND.

Are you serious, ironic or have you been smoking some crazy shit?

If we fail to sign Kroos, Vidal, Pogba, Rakitic than this cunt is the perfect solution. Its not like he is the worst cunt ever and just imagine Arsenal fans when we get him :ph34r:

if there are 4 better options ,, then wouldnt take this cunt just to annoy a few gooners ,,, rather do another SIX NIL