Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

Based on statistic I guess, he reached double figures for goals+assists for each of the last 3 seasons I think. Also play really well as false 9 for Spain at Euro 2012 and in general when required.

I was watching him the Spain game. I thought Cesc you've gotta impress me if we are to get you and what does he do he does that silly run and absolute ***** up his penalty. You won't impress Jose playing like that.

We shall see, when he was at Arsenal I thought he was not bad I am not sure though I think he has peaked :/

Based on statistic I guess, he reached double figures for goals+assists for each of the last 3 seasons I think. Also play really well as false 9 for Spain at Euro 2012 and in general when required.

Every player will generaly have better stats when playing further up the pitch. But oftenly, stats are not best for midfielders. Mata had great ones, but he was useless of the ball. While Modric stats are average, he does superb job in midfield.

I find Cesc better in deeper position rather than #10, however he is not typical player to play in pivot.

4:3:3 suits him best and if Cesc-Matic-Oscar wont be too weak and lack speed, it will be world class. Just to be on safe, side, we should have fourth CM, a power DM ala Gustavo, Gueye, Carvalho, Pogba,...someone who would offer different tactics for big games where cesc, oscar and Matic wouldnt be enough mobile.

Every player will generaly have better stats when playing further up the pitch. But oftenly, stats are not best for midfielders. Mata had great ones, but he was useless of the ball. While Modric stats are average, he does superb job in midfield.

I find Cesc better in deeper position rather than #10, however he is not typical player to play in pivot.

4:3:3 suits him best and if Cesc-Matic-Oscar wont be too weak and lack speed, it will be world class. Just to be on safe, side, we should have fourth CM, a power DM ala Gustavo, Gueye, Carvalho, Pogba,...someone who would offer different tactics for big games where cesc, oscar and Matic wouldnt be enough mobile.

I know I agree that Fab is better as a CM dictating the game too instead of just offensive like he is doing for the past 3 years. At Arsenal he was one of the best CM in the world. Of course, he cannot play in a CDM/pivot role because he isn't exactly the greatest tackler of good with interceptions...etc. Not to mention that role requires working really hard and I am not sure he is up to it physically.

Yep if Fab comes expect a lot of 4-4-3 instead of usual 4-2-3-1 we have been using recently. I think if Fab comes the chance of another big money CM/CDM signing is next to 0 unless Ramires is sold to Real for 30m as rumors recently. That is why I think Jose settled for Tiago on a free transfer just in case we need to switch back to 4-2-3-1 during certain games to protect the lead.

How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

because even at Arsenal, he was at his best in a more advanced role (with the season before he left being his best to date). And he hasn't played in the deeper role on a regular basis for years now.

Just because it looks like he will be playing deeper for us, it doesnt mean we have to re-write history.

Only tedious if you click every few minutes hoping for something.

Haha!

Well yeah. I'm speaking more about the constant "Cesc has agreed personal terms," or "the payment has been made to Barca," or "'he will join before/after the WC."

Haha!

Well yeah. I'm speaking more about the constant "Cesc has agreed personal terms," or "the payment has been made to Barca," or "'he will join before/after the WC."

I know mate, but that's transfer carry on for you.

Could still go tits up this but in all honesty it's looking very good.