Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I agree - Fabregas doesn't have the agility and close control that those players have and it's why I think he'll be easy to shut down/have minimal influence against the elite teams in Europe. However, he's a good player in his own right and will almost certainly help us win the league this season. And considering the likes of Oscar and Willian (attackers who play a lot of minutes) contribute so little in terms of creativity (virtually nothing at times) we need Fabregas' creativity and assists more than we need a Modric.

Last season, if hazard is double marked, we don't create. This season teams are now man-marking fabregas and double marking hazard to stop us from playing. The more free Ams (willian /Oscar) are not creative enough to attract any attention from opponents defending.

A pogba or fit gundogan, and reus will improve our team midfield massively because they will have the space willian and Oscar enjoy and are far more dangerous than them. But our team right now is good enough to win in Epl, but not Europe

Last season, if hazard is double marked, we don't create. This season teams are now man-marking fabregas and double marking hazard to stop us from playing. The more free Ams (willian /Oscar) are not creative enough to attract any attention from opponents defending.

A pogba or fit gundogan, and reus will improve our team midfield massively because they will have the space willian and Oscar enjoy and are far more dangerous than them. But our team right now is good enough to win in Epl, but not Europe

That's the way I see it too. We'll be very competitive in Europe though so it's not all doom and gloom; if our key players can stay healthy and with some luck you never know.

And that's the main issue. Teams just aren't scared of our other AMs besides Eden and Cesc; and that's why they get heavily marked. Teams rarely attempt to mark Modric and Kroos, because you can't leave spaces for CR7, James, Bale, Isco, etc. The lack of attacking threat from our other AMs is really hurting us tactically.

The point you just made about Madrid stresses it further. If oscar and Willian were creative passers like modric and isco, without goalscoring instinct it'll be ok, but they are neither creative enough or enough of a goal threat for an Am. And it is exposed each time we don't have a striker to take the attention of too many markers from hazard and fabregas.

That's the way I see it too. We'll be very competitive in Europe though so it's not all doom and gloom; if our key players can stay healthy and with some luck you never know.

I would be more confident in Europe if we still had the ability to close out games like last season or 04-06 but on evidence of manutd, palace and schalke our team is not built for that. We would need to always be 2 goals ahead to be sure of seeing out a match even if it's 10mins left in a match so that means we need costa fit more than ever.

Also, let's not forget Diego Costa in this equation. That was a big miss there as their back-line didn't have to worry about his pace and movement and also his interactions with our midfielders.

Always the same shit around here. ALWAYS.

The guys who don't like X, F, B, A, Z player shut the heck up when the player is doing well, or just come up with one or two details of what he did wrong. But when the guy has one bad match, they're in riot to sprout their BS.

Really, we already know all people who dislike Cesc, Oscar, Iva, Willian, etc... you don't need to come remind us every single time any of them has a bad match. It's tiring and annoying. When did this place become like this? the meltdowns last season were way less present and people used to be subtle.

And no matter who you beg for, Pogba, Reus, Khedira, Modric, bla bla bla bla. We don't have them, I don't see us pursuing them in the next window and José trusts those players. So you may sound like the broken record you are as much as you want, the players won't go anywhere and they're doing a hell of job if you ask me being unbeaten in the league. Some people are so spoiled and have been playing FM and FIFA so much, that they should stick strictly to video games and give up on real life football. You lost the grasp of reality when any player in the world can't have a bad day, any average player such as Fellaini can't still have a great match. Those things happen in real life football, but some of you have no idea what that is anymore. Just stick with the video games, please.

Don't you know? Players have to have a 10.0 rating for every match or they're shit and should be dropped.

Also, more meltdowns cause Chelsea are even better this year than last, so more fans haha.

and to be fair, we might get Reus, hopefully.[emoji55]

Don't you know? Players have to have a 10.0 rating for every match or they're shit and should be dropped.

Also, more meltdowns cause Chelsea are even better this year than last, so more fans haha.

and to be fair, we might get Reus, hopefully.[emoji55]

The meltdowns are omnipresent on TC. Carlo's sacking to the few months before Mourinho's appointment were the worst. A few amazing quotes came from that though.

The meltdowns are omnipresent on TC. Carlo's sacking to the few months before Mourinho's appointment were the worst. A few amazing quotes came from that though.

Really? I wish I had been around, would have been funny to see those quotes. Or when Rafa was appointed lol.

Really? I wish I had been around, would have been funny to see those quotes. Or when Rafa was appointed lol.

It was funny sometimes, mostly in the beginning of the meltdowns. Then it always came to a point when everything was just too much and it got only annoying. Besides, people used to rely a tad little bit more on personal attacks when they disagreed back on the day, if my memory serves me right. Lots of drama really, I believe we're better as a forum now. Back to your point, what I liked the most about Rafa was people referring to him as the fat spanish waiter. Got me every time, I miss seeing FSW thrown around here.

It was funny sometimes, mostly in the beginning of the meltdowns. Then it always came to a point when everything was just too much and it got only annoying. Besides, people used to rely a tad little bit more on personal attacks back on the day, if my memory serves me right. Lots of drama really, I believe we're better as a forum now. Back to your point, what I liked the most about Rafa was people referring to him as the fat spanish waiter. Got me every time, I miss seeing FSW thrown around here.

Sounds like it was a darker time on TC then. That's what FSW stands for? Lol I didn't know that.

Sounds like it was a darker time on TC then. That's what FSW stands for? Lol I didn't know that.

Fat Spanish Waiter

Hate him huahuahuahuahuahua

edit: adding an irony tag cause it seems some people don't have a distinction for that (although I really dislike him).

Always the same shit around here. ALWAYS.

The guys who don't like X, F, B, A, Z player shut the heck up when the player is doing well, or just come up with one or two details of what he did wrong. But when the guy has one bad match, they're in riot to sprout their BS.

Really, we already know all people who dislike Cesc, Oscar, Iva, Willian, etc... you don't need to come remind us every single time any of them has a bad match. It's tiring and annoying. When did this place become like this? the meltdowns last season were way less present and people used to be subtle.

And no matter who you beg for, Pogba, Reus, Khedira, Modric, bla bla bla bla. We don't have them, I don't see us pursuing them in the next window and José trusts those players. So you may sound like the broken record you are as much as you want, the players won't go anywhere and they're doing a hell of job if you ask me being unbeaten in the league. Some people are so spoiled and have been playing FM and FIFA so much, that they should stick strictly to video games and give up on real life football. You lost the grasp of reality when any player in the world can't have a bad day, any average player such as Fellaini can't still have a great match. Those things happen in real life football, but some of you have no idea what that is anymore. Just stick with the video games, please.

This is a forum where fans discuss about players, matches, tactics, transfer targets and more. Why do you think there are so many different threads? Yes, to let the fans share their opinions and discuss about different topics.

There is no need to use the tone and harsh words you've used. You always write long posts here on TC and it's not like you never criticize our own players.

This is a forum where fans discuss about players, matches, tactics, transfer targets and more. Why do you think there are so many different threads? Yes, to let the fans share their opinions and discuss about different topics.

There is no need to use the tone and harsh words you've used. You always write long posts here on TC and it's not like you never criticize our own players.

I spotted more than 1 hypocrite on this page alone.

No, what I'm talking about it different from having an opinion, but actually showing the lack of support and how spoiled and annoying people got lately. When you read some threads I get the idea some posters seem to count on their fingers the days til the player they don't like have a bad match, so they can say for the 13098432084th time how horrible, useless, limited, and bla bla bla. Everyone is going to criticize presentations and talk about limitations of players, but come on man. Cesc has been marvelous for us, he had one bad match against United, he wasn't that brilliant against City, but he fulfilled the clear task designed to him in that match and did it down to a T. He was one of the best players against Arsenal. But then you come here after a match that he was really bad and now it's the third instead of the first because some guys seem to have an agenda to prove he can't perform on big games. That's the feeling that I get, some people want to be proved right more than they want the players they don't like to be successful, which is insane and the opposite of what I consider support. It annoyed the heck out of me to read some of the LIES, BULLSHIT and NONSENSE written in the last few pages of this thread. Because that's what some of the things I read are.

About the transfer targets... there are dozens of threads in the transfer forum. No need to create discussions about those targets in the players' threads. Especially in cases such as Fàbregas.

And what exactly the length of my posts is fitting to this discussion? Don't want read them, skip them, add me to the ignore list. As you just said forums are for discussion, I'm not objective. You either deal with it or you ignore them... it's the way I am.

No, what I'm talking about it different from having an opinion, but actually showing the lack of support and how spoiled and annoying people got lately. When you read some threads I get the idea some posters seem to count on their fingers the days til the player they don't like have a bad match, so they can say for the 13098432084th time how horrible, useless, limited, and bla bla bla. Everyone is going to criticize presentations and talk about limitations of players, but come on man. Cesc has been marvelous for us, he had one bad match against United, he wasn't that brilliant against City, but he fulfilled the clear task designed to him in that match and did it down to a T. He was one of the best players against Arsenal. But then you come here after a match that he was really bad and now it's the third instead of the first because some guys seem to have an agenda to prove he can't perform on big games. That's the feeling that I get, some people want to be proved right more than they want the players they don't like to be successful, which is insane and the opposite of what I consider support. It annoyed the heck out of me to read some of the LIES, BULLSHIT and NONSENSE written in the last few pages of this thread. Because that's what some of the things I read are.

About the transfer targets... there are dozens of threads in the transfer forum. No need to create discussions about those targets in the players' threads. Especially in cases such as Fàbregas.

And what exactly the length of my posts is fitting to this discussion? Don't want read them, skip them, add me to the ignore list. As you just said forums are for discussion, I'm not objective. You either deal with it or you ignore them... it's the way I am.

Nothing wrong with the length of your posts btw, just said it because it is your trademark.

Same goes for you, if you really can't stand those people, just ignore them then.

I feel accomplished :P

This thread been quite for days, but better quite than the kind of busy it's been since the United match.

Cesc is going to be rested today, let's see if there's any impact in his game. And then off to the horrendous international break. I wish international breaks ceased to exist.