Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Too slow and not dynamic enough in my opinion. Great technique/ability but not for us.

I don't know too many people who think Fabregas is a "slow" player or not dynamic enough. He is one of the most dynamic midfield players in the world. Can pass it, shoot it, dictate the tempo of a game and retain possession. He's a complete midfielder and he is used to the premier league. And you criticize his speed when Lampard, a player even slower than him, has been our main midfield lynch-pin for a decade.

Fabregas on the other hand was the main main in Arsenal's midfield at their free-flowing, fast-paced best.

I'm sure most Chelsea fans will love to have him hear based on his tremendous talent alone. You don't make a convincing argument at all, bro.

I think he likes us as much as we like him.

It's not about who likes who, it's about what is best for us and him. Eto'o made some disrespectful comments about the club in his Barca days but today he is our player. Two marquee signings like Costa and Fabregas will elevate us to Madrid and Bayern level squad quality and we will dominate the league for a decade. Both right now are doable.

I don't know too many people who think Fabregas is a "slow" player or not dynamic enough. He is one of the most dynamic midfield players in the world. Can pass it, shoot it, dictate the tempo of a game and retain possession. He's a complete midfielder and he is used to the premier league. And you criticize his speed when Lampard, a player even slower than him, has been our main midfield lynch-pin for a decade.

Fabregas on the other hand was the main main in Arsenal's midfield at their free-flowing, fast-paced best.

I'm sure most Chelsea fans will love to have him hear based on his tremendous talent alone. You don't make a convincing argument at all, bro.

Lampard may not have been the quickest player but at his peak he was a very powerful runner and had incredible stamina.

I've complained about Ramires being all athlete and struggling at the football side but at the same time I don't want a Fabregas who is all football and brings nothing else to the table. I want a balance, not to go from one extreme to another.

Lampard may not have been the quickest player but at his peak he was a very powerful runner and had incredible stamina.

I've complained about Ramires being all athlete and struggling at the football side but at the same time I don't want a Fabregas who is all football and brings nothing else to the table. I want a balance, not to go from one extreme to another.

I'm not really understanding what you're talking about. Fabregas is a complete midfielder. He certainly is more complete and proven in the PL than the names that get touted a lot on here. Cracking player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1JALrpxBg

I'm not really understanding what you're talking about. Fabregas is a complete midfielder. He certainly is more complete and proven in the PL than the names that get touted a lot on here. Cracking player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1JALrpxBg

No need for the youtube videos, I've seen enough of him to know what he does and doesn't do. We can and should do much better than Fabregas.

Who cares about that? Not every player that plays for Chelsea is a saint, you know? JT has made mistakes too. If we are going to hold stuff against quality players that will improve us tremendously, then we should forget about Diego Costa as well. He's done stuff just as bad as that.

Are there any football related arguments? If Cesc was put on the market tomorrow, every top club in need of a CM will be after his signature.

No need for the youtube videos, I've seen enough of him to know what he does and doesn't do. We can and should do much better than Fabregas.

Name 5 CM players among the names that get touted around here that are better than him. You talk of Fabregas as if he was not a great player.. Now you might think he's not, that's your prerogative, but most people will disagree.

You first started with the "wouldn't fit into our system" hogwash, now you have no decent arguments to back up your case.

It's not about who likes who, it's about what is best for us and him. Eto'o made some disrespectful comments about the club in his Barca days but today he is our player. Two marquee signings like Costa and Fabregas will elevate us to Madrid and Bayern level squad quality and we will dominate the league for a decade. Both right now are doable.

Of course that plays a big part. Can you imagine JT playing for Tottenham or Gerrard for utd or Ramos for Barca for example? Eto'o is completely different because it was a single a comment years ago which ended when he worked with Jose at Inter, not continued rivalry and hatred like with Cesc.

The fact that we hate his guts and he hates ours makes this transfer near impossible because if he wants to leave barca he'll have plenty of offers and Chelsea will be at the bottom of his list. And similarly, we'll have plenty of CM choices who probably fit our system better and are frankly not utter c*NTs and Cesc would be on the bottom of our list.

Name 5 CM players among the names that get touted around here that are better than him. You talk of Fabregas as if he was not a great player.. Now you might think he's not, that's your prerogative, but most people will disagree.

You first started with the "wouldn't fit into our system" hogwash, now you have no decent arguments to back up your case.

Fabregas is not a great player. :)

And the bold is still my point and the reason why I don't want him. He was almost exclusively an attacking midfielder at Arsenal despite the common belief that he was some sort of CM there. He is not a pivot player and I wouldn't trust him there against any decent opposition.

This was only a suggestion by the way. I know the guy was the former Arsenal captain, that he's had his problems with Frank and he's been a bit of a cunt in the past, but if he was offered to us/becomes available for a price range of 25-35 million pounds, I'll do it instantly. I prefer him to injury prone Gundogan and Toni Kroos. I also think he's a better player than both, but his game is being restricted at Barcelona.

Imagine a midfield/attack of Matic - Fabregas

Salah/Schurrle- Oscar/Willian - Hazard

Costa

That easily rivals anything Madrid or Bayern have got. It has everything in it. Balance, pace, passing ability, creativity, physicality. quick transitions, quality in tight spaces, counter-attacking potential and flexibility. That's Premier league domination.

He probably "hates" United too, but United fans will take him instantly. I think we need to stop with this infantile, tribalistic stuff when it comes to potential signings. We are the same club that chased that fat fuck Rooney all summer. Our board don't think like the fans, thank goodness.

In Italy, you have guys like Pirlo who has played for Inter, AC and Juve. I remember even Mourinho complaining about this sort of mentality when he was told that "United won't sell to a rival". It's classic English football mentality that should have been discarded in the 90's.

And are people seriously comparing us signing Fabregas to Gerrard moving to United?

Fabregas might have irked we Chelsea fans in the past, but if a time comes that Fabregas makes himself available (of course sooner rather than later, not when he's 28/29. I won't even bring up his name if he was that age. The guy is still only 26. Perfect age for this Chelsea) , then our board should be looking to make a move for him. Arsenal captain or no Arsenal captain. Cunt or no cunt.

Would fit our team nicely but he plays for a club who can't buy any players for a year so it's unlikely he'll be sold....so, um yeah. :carlo:

But you never know with this stupid Barcelona board. They blew close to 87 million euros on an overrated Brazilian they didn't need and they let Xavi's heir apparent, Thiago Alcantara go to Bayern Munich. They are messing up with Cesc too. It's almost impossible. I know, but if I was Chelsea, I'll put in a bid like Man United did last year to give Fabregas something to think about. B) . I'm sure he wants to be relevant again on the world stage. It's not just happening for him at Barca.

Fabregas is one of the few players i really dislike, but i think i could get used to him. On a professional level, imo after Gundogan/Kross he's the best we can get (if we can), so I would go for him. Though like 'The only place to be' said above- Barcelona cant sign players at the moment so they wont sell. It might change until the transfer window starts.