Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Kroos is setup to fail...

They already have a superior player in Modric and I doubt either alonso/di maria will lose their place.

They will sell Di Maria, who wanted a raise, did not get and wants to leave. Di Maria is also a winger originally. 25 million for Kroos was a bargain and it is one of the smartest transfers Real did in recent years.

Look at these numbers :

Player PL seasons Assists

Rooney 12 65

Fabregas 07 59

Gerrard 16 55

Lamps 19 50

Giggs 22 44

Amazing.

Wait. There's something wrong with these stats. Pretty sure all of them have more assists than that.

Wait. There's something wrong with these stats. Pretty sure all of them have more assists than that.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/index.html?paramSearchType=BY_STAT&paramSeason=2013-2014

Filter --> All seasons --> Assists

EDIT: Just saw these are from 06-07 only. Still mightily impressive considering Fabregas hasn't played here since 10-11.

Now you mentioned about it.

Anyway the point is Fabregas did that number of assist in 7 seasons at a team like Arsenal is quite exceptional.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/index.html?paramSearchType=BY_STAT&paramSeason=2013-2014

EDIT: Just saw these are from 06-07 only. Still mightily impressive considering Fabregas hasn't played here since 10-11.

Now you mentioned about it.

Anyway the point is Fabregas did that number of assist in 7 seasons at a team like Arsenal is quite exceptional.

Yeah, still very impressive. I think I've seen somewhere that at the moment Cesc is fifth or sixth in all-time EPL assist makers. Considering that he played just for 7 years, that's definitely impressive.

[emoji33][emoji79] aawweessoommee cant believe my eye[emoji85] definitely a[emoji93]star [emoji146]king of assist/short and long pass

Found these figures, though not sure how correct they are(checked only Fab's, and they're correct):

Premier League All time most assists

Assists Assist name

131 Ryan Giggs

99 Steven Gerrard

95 Frank Lampard

89 Wayne Rooney

80 Thierry Henry

74 Francesc Fabregas

Considering that since 2006, Cesc averaged 11-20 assists in a league, he definitely has a shot at overtaking Giggs. Giggs achieved those stats in over twenty seasons. Cesc achieved those just in seven. He's just 27. Midfielders like him, those that rely on pass rather than pace, play well until at least 33, if not longer. Pirlo is 35 and is still doing well. Cesc has plenty of time to overtake everyone.

Mate where'd you get those numbers? I have another link with much higher figures.

http://www.premiersoccerstats.com/Records.cfm?DOrderby=Ass&DYearby=All%20Seasons

Mate where'd you get those figures? I have another link with much higher figures.

http://www.premiersoccerstats.com/Records.cfm?DOrderby=Ass&DYearby=All%20Seasons

Yeah, I've seen it, but it seemed way off. Cesc's assists are definitely incorrect there.

I found this one here and it's a couple of assists off when it comes to Fabregas's stats according to ESPN, but seems more or less correct. A few weeks ago, skysports showed all-time assist-makers in EPL, and Cesc was fifth or sixth.

Yeah, I've seen some link with much higher figures, but it seemed way off.

I found this one here and it's a couple of assists off when it comes to Fabregas's stats according to ESPN, but seems more or less correct. A few weeks ago, skysports showed all-time assist-makers in EPL, and Cesc was fifth or sixth.

Think statbunker may not have the complete numbers from 1992 onwards. There's no way Mikel Arteta and Aaron Lennon have more assists than Scholes, Beckham and Ronaldo!

Think statbunker may not have the complete numbers from 1992 onwards. There's no way Mikel Arteta and Aaron Lennon have more assists than Scholes, Beckham and Ronaldo!

Who knows. It's hard to find older stats and the figures are different everywhere. But in that link with higher figures it shows that Cesc had 119 assists in EPL. It's definitely wrong. He had seventy-something.

I checked Arteta and Ronaldo's stats in ESPN's database: they're more or less correct. Arteta has a few more assists in EPL than Ronaldo does (he played 11 seasons in EPL while Ronaldo played 6)

I checked Arteta and Ronaldo's stats in ESPN's database: they're more or less correct. Arteta has a few more assists in EPL than Ronaldo does (he played 11 seasons in EPL while Ronaldo played 6)

One of them has it drastically wrong. The truth lies somewhere between 131 and 284.

One of them has it drastically wrong. The truth lies somewhere between 131 and 284.

I'm inclined to think that both are not entirely correct. The list with higher figures has more stars of previous generation but got the amount of assists too inflated for everyone for some reason, while statbunker is missing some names and possibly some data from earlier years.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Giggs definitely didn't have 284 assists( though he probably had more than 131; 150-160 seems more realistic). ESPN has data only after 2000, and according to them, in 2001-2014 Giggs made about 90 assists in 13 seasons. It's very unlikely that he made about 200 assists in 1992-2000.