Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Pedro on Pique/Del Bosque incident yesterday where microphones were on....

Pedro: "It’s an uncomfortable situation, with some comments that shouldn’t have occurred. They spoke about it and that’s it" #CFC #FCB #MUFC

Pedro: "Cesc & Gerard spoke about it together and there’s no problem. What’s happened has happened, not much that can be done about it now"

So much for Pique joking hahahahhahahahahhahaha epic fail.

Also this: “The only thing I can say is that the market is closed. Chelsea will be calm and quiet during that period. We are not going to be the noisy team buying and selling and selling and buying.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-expects-chelsea-to-make-critical-signings-in-the-summer-9317392.html

I would just not be smart to wrap such a deal before the World Cup. What if Cesc gets injured or plays poor attacking football? We shouldn't complete such a big deal with a player we didn't intentionally wanted before the World Cup. Let's scout the guy and then complete it.

I would just not be smart to wrap such a deal before the World Cup. What if Cesc gets injured or plays poor attacking football? We shouldn't complete such a big deal with a player we didn't intentionally wanted before the World Cup. Let's scout the guy and then complete it.

Or maybe he is Spain's top scorer and MU, Arsenal, PSG all jump in for him. Arsenal especially will use that buyback clause that they are not using atm. It is a risk we are willing and should take imo.

Also this: “The only thing I can say is that the market is closed. Chelsea will be calm and quiet during that period. We are not going to be the noisy team buying and selling and selling and buying.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-expects-chelsea-to-make-critical-signings-in-the-summer-9317392.html

Well tbf in his book it only means offloading nearly 5 1st team players and sign 3-4 players re replacement. :D

I think there's a good chance things will happen... but guys, we shouldn't take Torres and Azpili words as an indication of it.

They're both spanish, as well as Cesc, they play for Chelsea, so with all the rumors going on, it's obvious that when the media have a chance to speak to them, they'll ask about the Cesc deal and of course they'll have to answer with something and the obvious answer is to compliment Cesc.

The same goes to Mourinho, of course he's going to be asked about targets or names we've been heavily linked to, I have no doubts, but he didn't need to answer like that. If he wanted, he could say what he said earlier the season: 'We won't look to any players before the WC' instead he said he's analyzing it.

And his quote about the 'after the WC' I'd take with a grain of salt. One of two things: Either Chelsea will close the deals now, and announce them after then, only because or Mourinho is lying. I don't believe the general things he says during the transfer windows. 'We'll only sign after the WC' 'we only have 2-3 targets' 'I don't believe it'll be a very busy transfer window for Chelsea this summer' etc... all quotes he said before the season ended...

actually I believe the opposite, price tags can inflate a lot after it, but for proved players, in their peak, it rarely deflate their fee considerably. WC can only affect a player positively when it comes to price. Some players just don't deliver in their NTs, but do wonderfully well in clubs. So if a player goes to the WC and doesn't play as good as he did in the club, his market value won't be much affected. If it's the opposite, it'll inflate his price, so the best time to do is prior to the WC.

Also, a player like Cesc - who isn't a youngster and who still is on his best years - won't become unproved because of a WC... or because of an injury unless it's a very, very serious injury. Players normally come back from most injuries a few months later and this is a 5 year deal, a few months is nothing in the big picture. We aren't signing him like we did with Eto'o or like we renewed with Lamps last year and Terry this year - for only one year and see what happens when the year is done. We're signing him for a few seasons... so unless he breaks his leg, I think an injury wouldn't mean much and in that case Barça would probably hold off the deal to the winter window... it's always best to do deals with proved players prior to the WC imo.

Flip side to this is if we don't get him before w.c and he plays amazing, good chance Arsenal, United, PSG etc go in for him & we loose out.

The reverse argument also applies to the WC though... If a player performs well during it his price tends to inflate drastically; with this transfer there's also the risk of Wenger changing his mind the longer it drags, particularly if Fabregas plays really well during the WC.

I would certainly hope that even if we don't announce the signing before the World Cup that we'd at least have everything signed and sealed behind the scenes. Just sign he and Costa and then let them focus on the tournament.

The last thing we need is for these clubs who aren't currently interested to jump back in if he lights it up in Brazil.