Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Awww. Was hoping we could wrap it up before the World Cup.

Now that nagging doubt about whether we'll sign him or not will drag on for even longer. :(

Depends when Mourinho was interviewed. Possible it could be agreed before the WC just no official signatures.

According to @The only place to be, and @didierforever, this is not true because he's not a "Mourinho type player" just another Roman signing :wank2:

Learn to read. Tell me ONE SINGLE TIME if I have said that this is a RoMAN SIGNING. I dare you. EVEN once. If u can't then stop spreading bullshit about other posters and mind your own fucking business.

As for not a JOSE type player. Most people have the same doubts. And that's the reason people are already talking about us switching to 4-3-3 cos fiberglass does not exactly fit the bill. But who am I talking to. U would probably read something else of what I wrote and theb accuse me of saying that the board forcing jose's hand.

Azpi talks about Cesc as well

"At the moment there is nothing official, and he's still Barcelona's player. But I can say that he is a great midfielder, with great experience in the Premier League. Great players are always welcome at the great clubs."
"He is a special player, few teams have players like him. There's no player like Cesc at Chelsea right now".

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/06/05/mundial/1401991386_374889.html

"At the moment there is nothing official..."

Yeah, he's coming.

I wonder why the club isn't interested in Rakitic he has similar qualities to Fabregas but is pacier and more adept at defending. Barcelona are apparently going to replace Fabregas with him (now that Koke looks set to stay put) for around £20m.

I wonder why the club isn't interested in Rakitic — he has similar qualities to Fabregas but is pacier and more adept at defending. Barcelona are apparently going to replace Fabregas with him (now that Koke looks set to stay put) for around £20m.

Fabregas is proven in Premier League, also bigger name than Rakitić (I'm Croat and I would love to have him here).

THE SHIT FROM WOOLWICH, THEY WANTED HIM BACK

BUT FAB THOUGHT THEY WERE ALL ON CRACK

HE DITCHED FAILURE FOR SPECIAL

WE WANTED A NEW FRANK, WE GOT FRANCESC

HE HATES LE ARSE, HE HATES LE ARSE, HE HATES LE ARSE

People like Azpi will know but officially can't say anything but those words do indicate there is things rumbling under to me.

I think it's obvious now that Cesc is on board. I presume it's just the clubs talking to each other finalizing negotiations, hence the wait. Seems inevitable really because not like Barca want to keep him so sooner or later it'll be resolved.

Chelsea is in a good negotiating position because Cesc wants to come and Barca themselves want to get rid so it's possible we're trying to negotiate as good of a deal possible.

Fabregas is proven in Premier League, also bigger name than Rakitić (I'm Croat and I would love to have him here).

I don't think the club will work on the basis of who is the bigger name, but I do think Rakitic is more of a 'Mourinho player' and that he'd work better in the pivot least of all because he can get back and break forward with pace.

So Pique comes out and criticize Barcelona for not treating Fab well, Dave and Torres come out to praise Fab. Cazorla apparently 'heard he is being linked with Chelsea in newspaper despite living 2 rooms away from him personally' and now Mou have come out and said he is interested. I cannot see this move break down anyhow unless Arsenal changed their mind and jump in or PSG decide to go mental+bid 40m. MU too if he has a good WC so it is very important we tie this up by the end of this week if possible.