Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

And that's the problem - the reason Jose always beats Wenger is because he doesn't give his team time and space. He hustles them, he starves them of space and they collapse.

Look at the 6-0 win. Now which team does Fabregas fit perfectly into?

Our problem last season was not teams not giving us space and time, it was looking totally inept when we had to break down other teams.

Put Fabregas on the bench for the 5 or so games we might need to defend, but against your Sunderland's, QPR's etc, you want him in the middle spraying the ball around.

(Doesn't have to be Fabregas, can be Rakitic whoever, but a player like this would be great to have)

specialtheongyy44.gif

Saw this in another forum. Had to share. :ph34r:

Wtf...

Fabregas will have to put in serious work here. Let's see if he can fit in here.

Why can't Oscar play next to Matic? He's got a motor, can defend, and create...

Fabregas had many very good seasons with Arsenal and was one of the best midfielders in the PL for majority of his time at Arsenal.

Nail on head. It wasn't a quality problem but a not fitting into philosophy, not being liked by the fans and not being played in right position problem.

didn't really rate him too highly aside for about 18 months at Arsenal.

Our problem last season was not teams not giving us space and time, it was looking totally inept when we had to break down other teams.

Put Fabregas on the bench for the 5 or so games we might need to defend, but against your Sunderland's, QPR's etc, you want him in the middle spraying the ball around.

(Doesn't have to be Fabregas, can be Rakitic whoever, but a player like this would be great to have)

And Jose put the blame for those performances at the feet of the strikers, and rightly so. Costa looks very much like a Jose signing. Matic looks very much like a Jose signing.

Fabregas looks like a Roman signing.

Fabregas....Rakitic....those aren't Jose players. He likes players with power about them, someone like Pogba or even Koke who has shown that he can be disciplined defensively as well as picking a pass. Jose is the guy who sold Mata and went with Oscar because Oscar edged Mata in terms of defensive discipline.

If this story was about United signing Fabregas then people would be saying he wouldn't fit Van Gaal's style....but he's going to fit Jose's? I have serious doubts.

And Jose put the blame for those performances at the feet of the strikers, and rightly so. Costa looks very much like a Jose signing. Matic looks very much like a Jose signing.

Fabregas....Rakitic....those aren't Jose players. He likes players with power about them, someone like Pogba or even Koke who has shown that he can be disciplined defensively as well as picking a pass. Jose is the guy who sold Mata and went with Oscar because Oscar edged Mata in terms of defensive discipline.

If this story was about United signing Fabregas then people would be saying he wouldn't fit Van Gaal's style....but he's going to fit Jose's? I have serious doubts.

Eh, I just don't feel that a 'Roman' signing is really a thing. I think it's more a made up criticism that other people can throw at the club. The only player Roman really did sign (that we know of for sure) is Andriy Shevchenko. Even Fernie Torres has been chalked up to Carlo.

Wtf...

Fabregas will have to put in serious work here. Let's see if he can fit in here.

Why can't Oscar play next to Matic? He's got a motor, can defend, and create...

Exactly the point that Andy Jacobs just made --which I agree with. Only thing that Fabregas has over Oscar is more success in the PL and a better shot on goal. Ironic that Chelsea would buy Fabregas while not yet having given Oscar enough minutes in centre midfield instead of in an advanced position. -Ironic- as it seems to me that Fabregas was not given enough chances to play in a deeper role at Barca.

Exactly the point that Andy Jacobs just made --which I agree with. Only thing that Fabregas has over Oscar is more success in the PL and a better shot on goal. Ironic that Chelsea would buy Fabregas while not yet having given Oscar enough minutes in centre midfield instead of in an advanced position. -Ironic- as it seems to me that Fabregas was not given enough chances to play in a deeper role at Barca.

He's more creative than Oscar and his passing is better, I rate Oscar but they're different players really.

Blaming the strikers is the easy way of Mou passing the blame and not taking any responsibility for his system not working.

You cannot have 9 defensive minded players out there (minus Hazard and the striker) and expect to create many chances, and score many goals.

Costa will help, but a lot of times, he'll still be feeding off scraps and stupid long balls from Ramires that fly into the stands.

It isn't going to kill anyone if we had a more creative team for certain games, and Mourinho can play his defensive football with Ramires and co when necessary.

Mourinho has never won anything in his career with just "Mourinho-type players", whatever that's supposed to mean. Probably one of the most nonsensical football buzzword out there (up there with "parked the bus") that is mostly used in English circles, sad to say by clueless TV "pundits" still stuck in the 70's and 80's who know fuck all about modern football. Some fans pick it up and run with it even though such a thing doesn't exist.