Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

The Daily Mail (I know...) are saying Arsenal will get £5.6m of the deal, not from the sell-on profit clause they had but because some performance related add-ons from the original deal that took him to Barca were now activated when he got sold. Basically Barca only got £21m for a player of this calibre after paying a significantly higher amount for him three years ago, insane really.

Nope. For next season the line for U21s is drawn on players born on 1st of January 1993 or later, and both of these guys were born in 1992.

Cheers mate, that's a shame. Something along the lines of this then, I think we'd all agree now.

HG1 - John Terry

HG 2 - Gary Cahill

HG 3 - Cesc Fabregas

HG 4 - Romelu Lukaku

HG 5 - Victor Moses

HG 6 - Ryan Bertrand/Patrick van Aanholt/Ashley Cole

HG 7 -

HG 8 -

9 - Petr Cech

10 - Branislav Ivanovic

11 - Mark Schwarzer

12 - Ramires

13 - Fernando Torres

14 - Eden Hazard

15 - Oscar

16 - Marco van Ginkel

17 - Andre Schurrle

18 - Mohammed Salah

19 - Thibaut Courtois

20 - Nemanja Matic

21 - Willian

22 - Cesar Azpilicueta

23 - Felipe Luis

24 - Diego Costa

25 - Tiago

U21 - Kurt Zouma

The Daily Mail (I know...) are saying Arsenal will get £5.6m of the deal, not from the sell-on profit clause they had but because some performance related add-ons from the original deal that took him to Barca were now activated when he got sold. Basically Barca only got £21m for a player of this calibre after paying a significantly higher amount for him three years ago, insane really.

They can get the £27m who cares we've got our man that what mater

Cheers mate, that's a shame. Something along the lines of this then, I think we'd all agree now.

HG1 - John Terry

HG 2 - Gary Cahill

HG 3 - Cesc Fabregas

HG 4 - Romelu Lukaku

HG 5 - Victor Moses

HG 7 -

HG 8 -

9 - Petr Cech

10 - Branislav Ivanovic

11 - Mark Schwarzer

12 - Ramires

13 - Fernando Torres

14 - Eden Hazard

15 - Oscar

16 - Marco van Ginkel

17 - Andre Schurrle

18 - Mohammed Salah

19 - Thibaut Courtois

20 - Nemanja Matic

21 - Willian

22 - Cesar Azpilicueta

23 - Felipe Luis

24 - Diego Costa

25 - Tiago

U21 - Kurt Zouma

Pretty much, yeah. If the plan is to still get another new signing without any significant sales aside from Ba and Mikel who you already excluded, we can just make room in the squad by leaving out one of the three non-HG goalies. At the moment Schwarzer's contract is up and if Jose plans to keep both Cech and Courtois for next season I'm not sure whether it would be worth renewing but if for example Cech was sold we'd be fine with Courtois / Schwarzer / Blackman and still have another non-HG place remaining. Or if we somehow managed to get rid of Torres, receive crazy money for Ramires or something like that we could just give their place to any potential new signing.

HG1 - John Terry

HG 2 - Gary Cahill

HG 3 - Cesc Fabregas

HG 4 - Romelu Lukaku

HG 5 - Victor Moses

HG 7 -

HG 8 -

9 - Petr Cech

10 - Branislav Ivanovic

11 - Mark Schwarzer

12 - Ramires

13 - Fernando Torres

14 - Eden Hazard

15 - Oscar

16 - Marco van Ginkel

17 - Andre Schurrle

18 - Mohammed Salah

19 - Thibaut Courtois

20 - Nemanja Matic

21 - Willian

22 - Cesar Azpilicueta

23 - Felipe Luis

24 - Diego Costa

25 - Tiago

U21 - Kurt Zouma

Pretty much zero percent chance of Moses being here next season, Bertrand & PVA have no future.

HG1 - Gary Cahill

HG 2 - Cesc Fabregas

HG 3 - John Terry (33 years old!!!)

HG 4 - Romelu Lukaku (won't be a surprise if he leaves)

HG 5 -

HG 6 -

HG 7 -

HG 8 -

Pretty much zero percent chance of Moses being here next season, Bertrand & PVA have no future.

HG1 - Gary Cahill

HG 2 - Cesc Fabregas

HG 3 - John Terry (33 years old!!!)

HG 4 - Romelu Lukaku (won't be a surprise if he leaves)

Think you're missing my point. Can't just fill up our squad with whoever we want and although Moses and Bertrand may not be the best players in the world, they're not the worst and they give us a bigger and stronger squad.

As for JT, you can't rule him out for being 33. He was the best centre half in the league last season and it wouldn't surprise me if he is again next year.

Think you're missing my point. Can't just fill up our squad with whoever we want and although Moses and Bertrand may not be the best players in the world, they're not the worst and they give us a bigger and stronger squad.

As for JT, you can't rule him out for being 33. He was the best centre half in the league last season and it wouldn't surprise me if he is again next year.

One of the reasons Luke Shaw is worth every penny of that £30m, 'every penny', just a shame about the 'reported' wages.

Bertrand & Moses clearly don't have a future here, and Terry was highlighted just to show how bare this home-grown squad will be in a few years time. That's all.

One of the reasons Luke Shaw is worth every penny of that £30m, 'every penny', just a shame about the 'reported' wages.

Bertrand & Moses clearly don't have a future here, and Terry was highlighted just to show how bare this home-grown squad will be in a few years time. That's all.

Yep, agree about the Shaw opinion. Doesn't look likely now though. Maybe theres something in the John Stones rumour. Definitely something the club need to think about. Need to start finding big talents who meet the home grown rules like Barkley, Shaw, Pogba, but also need to start taking gambles on players like Stones when he was at Barnsley for a couple of million in the same way Everton have done if we're going to meet these quotas in years to come. Until then, Bertrand and Moses probably need to stay.

What a great signing. I don't care predicting where Cesc will fit or what type of system will work best, that's Jose's job. Bottom line Cesc makes opponents game plan for him and takes pressure off of Hazard, Willian, Oscar etc with his experience and leadership. Plus Arsenal fans are burning jerseys which is hilarious and it's only June, this is gonna be an epic year for Chelsea coming up.

It's beyond me how can any proper Chelsea fan can be happy about this cunt signing for us. Fuck him. Torres v 2.0 coming up. Lampard out, this prick in. Well fucking done.

Get over yourself mate !!!!!!! All "proper" Chelsea fans will be delighted with this signing. He will prove himself on the pitch even if it is only to get back at Wenger for not resigning him and Barca for letting him go. But mostly he will prove himself because he will be playing in a top class side.

Frank has left and the very best of luck to him. Fabregas is in so learn to live with it.

Get over yourself mate !!!!!!! All "proper" Chelsea fans will be delighted with this signing. He will prove himself on the pitch even if it is only to get back at Wenger for not resigning him and Barca for letting him go. But mostly he will prove himself because he will be playing in a top class side.

Frank has left and the very best of luck to him. Fabregas is in so learn to live with it.

and to add to your point, with that sort of thinking by chelsea and jose, we would have never had ashley "the best english leftback in history" cole in our team... someone who's embraced chelsea, its fans and its culture and has become a club legend forever, not to mention being the best LB in the world for an entire decade (still top 5 imo)

If we sell Bertrand and Moses and Cole leaves along with Frank, our only homegrown players will be JT, Cahill and now Fabregas.

I think we will just have 17 non-homegrown..JT,Cahill and Fabregas and use youngsters like Swift,Baker etc...youngsters that aren't counted in the 24..when you think about it Moses would be 3rd choice on either Wing..might aswell be Swift to play in Milk cup games etc..than just keep players who don't really have a future with us. I wouldn't mind keeping Bertrand tho as back up LB.