test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

4. Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,703 posts in this topic

For me Fabregas can get in the same cab as Conte, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, right now

the wes likes this

He is done at top level...you can see him trying...but unfortunately his mobility is not good enough to face top teams.. we need to replace him with players like milinkovic-savic or jorginho

kellzfresh likes this

He is done at top level...you can see him trying...but unfortunately his mobility is not good enough to face top teams.. we need to replace him with players like milinkovic-savic or jorginho
He doesn't even seem to have an eye for a pass anymore, which is a weird one.

I don't know which is worse: His current level or the fact that his competition is Bakayoko and Drinkwater.

I think time's up for him. Reminds me of when Ballack, Carvalho, Deco and Belletti all lost it by the end of the 2010 season.

I think his time as an important player for us is coming to a close. The compromises that have to be made to accommodate him are simply no longer worth the hastle: if Kante isn't available, we find ourselves setting-up like we did against Man City, and even if Kante IS available, the team has to scrabble desperately to cover for him.

If he was creating chance after chance for us, then things would be different, but its become this vicious circle in which Fabregas' opportunities to direct attacking play are limited due to the cautious set-ups that we tend to employ to compensate for his presence in the middle of the pitch, meaning that we effectively remove the reason for him to be included in the team..... all so that we can include him in the team; it makes no sense at this point.

I'd be more than happy for him to remain here as a squad player, however (returning to a role similar to that which he occupied last season); I'm just not so sure that he'll be of the same mindset.

manpe and Amblève. like this

He is clearly past his best. He was never an athletic player, but nowadays his passing distribution is average so he basically offers the team next to nothing. We need an upgrade for him, because as great as Kante is, he can´t always cover the deficiencies of Cesc.

He was much better when he arrived 4 years ago. He looks over the hill now, time to cut him loose or reduce his role next season. We desperately need a top midfielder.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

He was much better when he arrived 4 years ago. He looks over the hill now, time to cut him loose or reduce his role next season. We desperately need a top midfielder.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Agree with you mate, but I think we need 2 MF players, to replace Fabregas, Drinkwater, and Bakayoko.

And what is it with Barkley? seems to me Blue Scouse knew what they were doing when they got rid of him.

He's permanently in the treatment room.

For a creative player, he just cannot make the passes needed to split the defenders ... clearly going down. Was running like a headless chicken most of the time yesterday. 

I can't stand him anymore. Place him into the reserves for the rest of the season and recall Mason Mount. 

19 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I can't stand him anymore. Place him into the reserves for the rest of the season and recall Mason Mount. 

Fucking hell calm down, recall Mason Mount, dont make me laugh haha. Cesc is not an athletic player, he gets exposed in a 2 man MF but in a 3 man MF with two athletic players next to him he is still more than usable here. Didn't think he was that bad vs Barca in the first leg or the second leg in all fairness, fair enough players are always going to run past him and some of his passing was wayward but if we sell Cesc whos going to be that player who can control a game for us? Kante? No chance. Barkley? Dont make me laugh. Bakayoko? HAHA. 

Fair enough maybe sell Cesc in the summer but if he goes we need somebody with that same sort of skill set as him if we are to have any chance of dominating games. 

Kante was better as an attacking midfielder than Fabregas.

I thought Fabregas loathes Spuds to the rotten core? If that's all he had to give, then he is finished as a top footballer. Sell him ASAP.