test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

4. Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,491 posts in this topic
14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He CANNOT play in a 2 man midfield. Hasn't got the legs anymore and makes Kante's job even harder.

If Conte not going to change the formation to three in midfield we are just better off just selling fabregas 

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

W cant play 2 man midfield with fabregas in it

That's what I'm saying. A similar setup to the one Conte deployed at Juve to accommodate Pirlo or he's no use.

King11Didier likes this

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Stupid. Absolutely stupid of Fabregas to go for that challenge. We still had a chance at 80 minutes with 10 men and he had to go end it with stupid, risky challenge! :rant:

Same, I was actually more upset with him than Cahill.. because that's expected from Cahill. 

But Cesc just legitimately made that Spurs match A Million times harder. 

That's the type of red card you fine a weeks wages on FM. 

Cesc is not first 11 quality anyway. But now when we have no one else, still better than nothing.

When does Baka return from injury?

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Cesc is not first 11 quality anyway. But now when we have no one else, still better than nothing.

When does Baka return from injury?

He is not in our starting 11 but we need him in few games to change games for us. People forget how hard it was for us to create chances last season without fab.

So stupid from, what an idiot. We were on the front foot and could have even drew the game, but he makes this silly tackle. 

What was he thinking, it is not that Burnely were creating any danger in the second half once we turned up. apart from that he got the ball so it was a decent tackle. Still he was not professional this game. the sarcastic applause was the needless one. With that in mind he shall not present the referee with the choice to send him of. At Arsenal or barca he would have got away with that but he is at Chelsea now, the most hated club by opposition fans and the fa. 

Just now, communicate said:

He is not in our starting 11 but we need him in few games to change games for us. People forget how hard it was for us to create chances last season without fab.

On his day he is quality, but he is too much of a poop to actualy lead our team week in week out. 

He is nowhere near what people say he is when comes to playmaking. Cant control the ball, poor under pressure, cant dictate tempo. Instead of calming down teammates and tempo of the game, he makes nervous decisions all the time. Nevermind how awfuly slow and immobile he is. Two or three long balls per game are not enough to play him regulary. 

But sadly we dont have anyone else, and as impact sub he is still rather good player, taking on tired defences. 

But its pretty clear our midfield gets overrun with Cesc in middle, like it did in 2015-16 season. 

kellzfresh and El P. like this

Ghost performance.

Glad he's still here though. Unless Chels get another 'offer they can't refuse'...

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

On his day he is quality, but he is too much of a poop to actualy lead our team week in week out. 

He is nowhere near what people say he is when comes to playmaking. Cant control the ball, poor under pressure, cant dictate tempo. Instead of calming down teammates and tempo of the game, he makes nervous decisions all the time. Nevermind how awfuly slow and immobile he is. Two or three long balls per game are not enough to play him regulary. 

But sadly we dont have anyone else, and as impact sub he is still rather good player, taking on tired defences. 

But its pretty clear our midfield gets overrun with Cesc in middle, like it did in 2015-16 season. 

I agree his game sometimes too direct but we definitley need him for impact sub

kellzfresh and DYC. like this

I really expected him to dictate the play somewhat today despite being a man down. He was a passenger for large parts

Really awful in 2 man midfield. Honestly I was very suprised how good he played with Matic in 2 man midfield when we won the title under Jose. This is not the first time he makes an awful awful tackle, in happend a couple of times in the past also, lots of those tackles referes didn't want to punish with the red. Can't really attack him now though, with 1 player less for most of the game, your stamina is gone near the end of the game, and silly mistakes can happen. Still glad to have him in the team.

Honestly, he's been getting away with several of that sort of tackle. He usually gets away with it because refs know he's not the sort of player to put in a rash tackle.

He most certainly would've been bullied and made useless against Spuds anyways so it's not a huge loss.

The Chels likes this

Just now, Pizy said:

Honestly, he's been getting away with several of that sort of tackle. He usually gets away with it because refs know he's not the sort of player to put in a rash tackle.

He most certainly would've been bullied and made useless against Spuds anyways so it's not a huge loss.

Agree about the tackles. I think he would do really well in a midfield in which he would be protected by Bakayoko and Kante, a diamond of Bakayoko, Fabregas, Kante and Hazard could work nice maybe?

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Considering we already lack options for that game before today, I'm not sure how you can say he's not a huge loss. And even if we have options and he has his flaws, he's always still a decent option to have. One moment of brilliance from him can change the game in our favor.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Considering we already lack of options for that game before today, I'm not sure how you can say he's not a huge loss. And even if we have options and he has his flaws, he's always still a decent option to have. One moment of brilliance from him can change the game in our favor.

Who knows, could sign a midfielder tomorrow or the next day and have him ready for Spurs...Wishful thinking I know :P 

xPetrCechx likes this

He would have got overrun vs Spurs anyway that is true but from the bench he could have been a useful addition. I am curious to see how Conte solves the situation. David Luiz's last two performances in midfield I remember were terrific. 

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Considering we already lack options for that game before today, I'm not sure how you can say he's not a huge loss. And even if we have options and he has his flaws, he's always still a decent option to have. One moment of brilliance from him can change the game in our favor.

Worry not. We'll have Danny D in by then. 👍🏼

xPetrCechx likes this