test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

4. Cesc Fàbregas

Started by Special Juan,

5,448 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, the wes said:

infographic-fabregas-1-3806-910x569.jpg

Remove last years stats from that. I'm sure it'll look much better. 

Unionjack likes this

18 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Remove last years stats from that. I'm sure it'll look much better. 

Yup, the only reason those stats are skewed against Cesc is because last season Fab played regularly and the team was shit. This season he isn't a regular and the team of course isn't shit anymore, but not because Fabregas isn't playing that much, but because Conte rules.

Chelsea? likes this

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Conte has been using him correctly since bringing him back into the side.

Mourinho and Hiddink started him constantly whenever he was fit and while his uses are obvious also is his flaws and on some occasion's they stand out like a sore thumb and that's putting it mildly (that City game last year was particularly horrendous, De Bruyne constantly treated him like a training cone). Conte has been using him in games/circumstances where he can be of use and leaving him out of games where he can't and hopefully he can convince him to stay for 2/3 more years for that role.

I think Fabregas would be able to play regularly if we get an upgrade to Matic. Someone like Vidal or Nainggolan. But the bad thing is we will lose a winger like Pedro. But that's the only way I see Fabregas playing as a starter if we got a player like those two mentioned. 

the wes likes this

He needs to play more but his current role fits him perfectly. Start him in home games against lesser teams or bring him on when we need a goal. Other than that, Go with Matic. 

Here is the only player we should replace him with. Nobody has played this position & role this well at 19 years old. If he still performed to this level in Europe at 20 or so years old he'd simply have to be considered the best allround playmaking prospect considering age. The vid starts with his goals, then assists, then how he defends the ball. 

6 hours ago, Leif said:

Here is the only player we should replace him with. Nobody has played this position & role this well at 19 years old. If he still performed to this level in Europe at 20 or so years old he'd simply have to be considered the best allround playmaking prospect considering age. The vid starts with his goals, then assists, then how he defends the ball. 

He's type of player I love to see play alongside Kante 

Whether we find a way to play and keep Cescy or not hes proved that what he brings us creativity wise we need a player that can bring it.

With another creative,ball player as CB and couple of other upgrades we would be in a good position to hit Europe running.,  .

Fabregas's favourite Premier League moment was the one he could never reach with Arsenal

And looks forward to reaching again under Conte

“The day we won it, I remember I just went on my knees. It was such a big relief. I remember I had competed a lot of years, sometimes we were close, sometimes not so much, but I really tried to give a lot everywhere I have been in the Premier League and to finally achieve it was one of the best moments in my career.”

“You can win a World Cup or a Euros, which is maybe the best a player can win, but when you’ve been trying to fight for a trophy for so many years, when you came close sometimes, you gave so much and fought so much for it and in the end it happens, it was personally a big achievement.”

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/3/4/14815360/cesc-fabregas-chelsea-arsenal-premier-league-trophy-conte-future-winning

On 2/28/2017 at 11:07 AM, manpe said:

It's impressive that his pass completion is so high despite being the lowest of the lot, because he tries so many long passes every game, far more than anybody else, yet still maintains pass completion over 80%. No wonder he didn't fit Barca with their tiki-taka bs, not in his DNA to slowball.

That's in his favor yes, but fabregas and pogba play deeper than the others in the list. The others have to deal with more contested areas and tighter marking from the opposition. 

Don't think he was good enough to be a regular for Barca. We need better all rounders in the middle if we want to compete outside the pl.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Chelsea transfer news: Fabregas offered €5.6m per week from Turkish league giants

http://turkish-football.com/chelsea-transfer-news-galatasaray-prepare-e5-6m-per-week-offer-for-cesc-fabregas/

BS. No sane person would go to Turkey under these circumstances.

Podolski and other famous players are looking for clubs. Turkish clubs also have serious financial problems because of the weakening currency.

One thing I absolutely dont get is he can make a pinpoint pass through half of field during the play, but his corners and freekick deliveries are absolutely average. How is that possible for someone with such good pass? Pirlo, Kroos, Iniesta can all do it. What is with Cesc that he cant? If he had this threat from corners and freekicks he would be alot more usefull.

He has good technique but poor at holding the ball and dribbling, good in passing but poor at setpieces....so so limited player.

The rest of our squad is shit in corners and freekick deliveries too, so Im happy whenever Cesc plays because just maybe he can give a good ball, but generaly we are so poor in this.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

One thing I absolutely dont get is he can make a pinpoint pass through half of field during the play, but his corners and freekick deliveries are absolutely average. How is that possible for someone with such good pass? Pirlo, Kroos, Iniesta can all do it. What is with Cesc that he cant? If he had this threat from corners and freekicks he would be alot more usefull.

He has good technique but poor at holding the ball and dribbling, good in passing but poor at setpieces....so so limited player.

The rest of our squad is shit in corners and freekick deliveries too, so Im happy whenever Cesc plays because just maybe he can give a good ball, but generaly we are so poor in this.

It's because most people ask themselves a simple question then give a hopelessly wrong answer.

That question is, "How hard can it be to deliver an accurate cross into the box from a corner?"  The answer most give to that question is, "Not very." Wrong. Badly wrong. The evidence for the correct answer is all over the place if only people would take time to notice.

Every set of football fans, everywhere in the world, complain that their players are bad at corner kicks*. If everybody is bad at a particular skill, then the one thing you can say about that skill is that it can't be easy. it is clearly very difficult and therefore even the best players will not get it right most of the time.

* A potential exaggeration on my part obviously since I have not read the comments of every set of fans in the world. I've just extrapolated from the fact that I have never come across any fans who do not complain about thier players' low success rate from corners. 

The Skipper, DYC. and Tomo like this