Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

He played false nine at barca....

You know what messi stats are this season... 9 apearances, 7 goals, 7 assists in the false nine position...

The truth is Fabregas had no fixed position at Barca. He sometimes played his natural position, sometimes as a false nine and sometimes I think even wide left but he still made assists either way and I know a lot of them came from CM. Yes, the false nine position as well. However he is playing in a deeper role at us and later on in the game goes a bit more advanced but is still recording assists and proving his vision is one of the best in the football world. Don't see why you are still trying to look for excuses to explain his assists. Just accept that he has one of the best eye for a pass in the game and more times than not he executes his passes to perfection.

Barca's loss is our gain. I don't care if you pointed out that the Barca manager did not want Fabregas or point out that most Spanish people prefer Thiago over Fabregas. Ask most Chelsea fans and Mourinho who they would prefer, Cesc or Thiago and I am sure they would tell you Fabregas.

The truth is Fabregas had no fixed position at Barca. He sometimes played his natural position, sometimes as a false nine and sometimes I think even wide left but he still made assists either way and I know a lot of them came from CM. Yes, the false nine position as well. However he is playing in a deeper role at us and later on in the game goes a bit more advanced but is still recording assists and proving his vision is one of the best in the football world. Don't see why you are still trying to look for excuses to explain his assists. Just accept that he has one of the best eye for a pass in the game and more times than not he executes his passes to perfection.

Barca's loss is our gain. I don't care if you pointed out that the Barca manager did not want Fabregas or point out that most Spanish people prefer Thiago over Fabregas. Asky most Chelsea fans who they would prefer, Cesc or Thiago and I am sure they would tell you Fabregas.

Yeap. Your right on that. Cesc assists this season have been magnificient, however, this long debate with various people, I think I lost concentration on what my initial argument was. which was basically thiago is better for barca/spain than Cesc. As you said, everything else can be debateable..

This season would be a good measuring stick to see who is better.

Maybe I am not following Bayern very much, but actually I never heard any news about Thiago soon after he joined Bayern, no important headlines or news, except that he has long term injury.

Now he has fit? How is he playing now? If not as good as his Barca days, I don't see any meaning of this Cesc - Thiago comparison discussion. It's like comparing Torres and Aguero at the moment.

Disagree with those two.

Fabregas' vision and creativity is better than Thiago's, Thiago hasn't shown anything to suggest that his is better than Fabregas. Too small of a sample, he hasn't even reached a 100 club games. Fabregas has been spotting passes consistently in his whole career though. All these videos you're posting up, you're telling me Fabregas doesn't do that?

You keep on mentioning that Thiago's agility and quickness combined with his vision puts him ahead of Fabregas in that aspect but that's like saying Thiago also has better vision than Xabi Alonso and Xavi because of that, and we all know that isn't true at all...

Cesc does do that, however, unlike Cesc, Thiago has athletic ability and superior technique which allows him the ability to create better and pass in different situations Cesc cannot...

I dont know if you guys watch munich games last season, but when kroos got benched for thiago, thiago was munich's best player up until he got injured again. He could do everything kroos can do, but he can do it faster, press better and move better. Cesc, isnt a slug like kroos/mata, but he is not quick or fast and their was already a few times this season where our cm got completely outrun, especially cesc because of his physical deficiencies...

Also, alonso is probably the best long ball passer ive ever seen and neither cesc/thiago are near him.

There a reason why Pep wanted Thiago over Cesc, even though Cesc was more decorated and experienced.

Think about it. Kroos and Cesc are pretty similar players. Both, when given time, are fantastic passers of the ball. Both can score goals and both are set piece maestros... However, both have the same physical limitations, being both are hella slow and neither sheild the ball well or dribble it particularly well. Thiago, on the other hand has those attributes that they lack, which is exactly why he was chosen ahead of kroos last season. If their is one thing thiago lacks, its size/height/strength.

There was a huge difference in munich when thiago played vs when kroos played, if you go to the munich board, they mentioned it quite a bit. The team looked amazing when thiago was starting for them. It's actually pretty crazy because during thiago transfer time, a lot of people wonder why he went to munich, where the midfield was better than barcelona and everyone said he would rot the bench, when in reality he never did, unless he was unfit/injured...

Thiago is 23 years old. At 23 years old, Cesc was a world (with a assist in the final) and european champion and played in a UCL final against his boyhood club. He also bossed Zidane and co at Bernabeu at 18.

dude, your arguments are getting worse and worse.

Just drop it already.

Seeing your posts in every thread is hard to believe you understand the game or that you've been watching it for long. Many of the things you say don't make sense...

Also, back to Cesc? I just read a post about Bayern in this thread. I don't need this shit spread here. I love a few of their players, but ugh Guardiola and ugh Bayern.

Thank you, Barbara:), you're my hero.

Man, Nike sure loves Thiago :lol: for about a year he's been banging on about him not stop...

He reminds me of one of those youtube hipster fans, you know, the type of person who acts like they've watched every single game of that player but in reality have only watch 1-2 YT compilations.

and yet when Mata was on chelsea, the same people said it wasnt any question who was more superior Silva vs mata....

It's all about systems. If Silva was in our system would he be as effective? Mata would flourish at City.

It's all about systems. If Silva was in our system would he be as effective? Mata would flourish at City.

Silva would be effective.. Jose at real madrid had a choice of either silva or ozil and chose ozil because he was cheaper than silva at the time.

Silva most definitely could of succeeded in the current makeup of Chelsea and Jose....

Silva would be effective.. Jose at real madrid had a choice of either silva or ozil and chose ozil because he was cheaper than silva at the time.

Silva most definitely could of succeeded in the current makeup of Chelsea and Jose....

Silva would not fit into our system.