Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Based on what? Youtube compilations? Have you actually seen Cesc play in his Arsenal days?

Thiago is 23 and I don't even know if he has played 80 games for Barcelona and Bayern combined. Cesc at 23 was already captaining the Arsenal side and had 200 games in the EPL. Plus Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup matches. Yes, Thiago is a great talent and an exciting player to watch, but better than Cesc in his Arsenal days??? No way

You can see it.... neymar never played for barca, but barca were willing to spend big because everyone knew neymar was the best young player in the world.

In spain, especially catalonia, thiago was the best kid to come out of the academy since messi.

thiago specialized in one touch football, something barca excels at, something cesc never excel at... Just because he had better stats, doesnt make him the better player for a specific system..

You can see it.... neymar never played for barca, but barca were willing to spend big because everyone knew neymar was the best young player in the world.

In spain, especially catalonia, thiago was the best kid to come out of the academy since messi.

thiago specialized in one touch football, something barca excels at, something cesc never excel at... Just because he had better stats, doesnt make him the better player for a specific system..

I love Thiago but sorry, due to his injuries you can't be saying that he's already been better than Cesc in his Arsenal days. Cesc was one of the best, if not the best CM in the league for numerous years. Thiago can't even complete a season without getting injured.

I love Thiago but sorry, due to his injuries you can't be saying that he's already been better than Cesc in his Arsenal days. Cesc was one of the best, if not the best CM in the league for numerous years. Thiago can't even complete a season without getting injured.

Xabi alonso was the best cm in the league....

Thiago wasn't part of a youth/fiscal generation of arsenal, he was part of the prime years of barcelona....

I remember this prior to signing Cesc...

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/6964-Cesc-Fabregas-or-Thiago-Alcantara

A lot of people from barca felt thiago was already the better player for them even with cesc world class stats at arsenal..

There was also another article from a catalan supporter concerning the situation

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2011/6/26/2244275/fc-barcelona-european-champion-thiago-alcantara-is-better-than-cesc

Same people said thiago would rot on the bench at munich, yet outplayed and started instead...

Xabi alonso was the best cm in the league....

Thiago wasn't part of a youth/fiscal generation of arsenal, he was part of the prime years of barcelona....

Answer this though... Do you think Thiago has ever had a better season than Fabregas has had, in general?

Answer this though... Do you think Thiago has ever had a better season than Fabregas has had, in general?

Stat wise, no...

However, i think i replied incorrectly. What i meant was Thiago was better for barcelona than cesc was at the time. So, he's attributes were more barca suited than cesc was at that age, so he was "better."... I still think thiago overall is better now than Cesc at his prime.

Thiago is the reason why losing Kroos wasn't significant at all to munich..THIAGO BACK!

Stat wise, no...

However, i think i replied incorrectly. What i meant was Thiago was better for barcelona than cesc was at the time. So, he's attributes were more barca suited than cesc was at that age, so he was "better."... I still think thiago overall is better now than Cesc at his prime.

Thiago is the reason why losing Kroos wasn't significant at all to munich..THIAGO BACK!

Man just say Thiago was better suited player for Barca but Cesc is better player overall. Atm there is no way Thiago ever did anything to be better than Cesc...

And if you take for example who suited barca more, that aint reliable. In that case Carvajal is better fb than Azpi because he will most probably play ahead of him for spain, but that doesnt mean he is actualy better defender. He just suits that team better.

You appear to mix two things; who is better for certain team and who is better player in general. Cesc is better in general, but Thiago suits spain and barca (tiki taka system) more. Thats all. There is nothing in Thiagos career that would make him better player than Cesc. Afterall he cant even finish season injury-free and that is big problem already.

I rate Thiago highly, he has big potential, but as of october 2014, he simply isnt and wasnt ever better player than Cesc.

Man just say Thiago was better suited player for Barca but Cesc is better player overall. Atm there is no way Thiago ever did anything to be better than Cesc...

And if you take for example who suited barca more, that aint reliable. In that case Carvajal is better fb than Azpi because he will most probably play ahead of him for spain, but that doesnt mean he is actualy better defender. He just suits that team better.

You appear to mix two things; who is better for certain team and who is better player in general. Cesc is better in general, but Thiago suits spain and barca (tiki taka system) more. Thats all. There is nothing in Thiagos career that would make him better player than Cesc. Afterall he cant even finish season injury-free and that is big problem already.

I rate Thiago highly, he has big potential, but as of october 2014, he simply isnt and wasnt ever better player than Cesc.

What is Cesc better than Thiago at?

One touch play: thiago

Short passes:thiago

Long passes: I guess Cesc

Dribbling:Thiago

Vision: Thiago

Creativity:Thiago

Flair:Thiago

Speed/agility:Thiago

Strength:Cesc

Tackling:Cesc

Technique: Thiago

Shooting:Cesc

Leadership:Thiago

Pretty much cesc vs thiago is exactly what mata vs silva is....

Mata is going to give you better stats, but SIlva is the better team player and overall player.. (I remember when this board honestly thought Mata was better than Silva).

Koke, Thiago, Cesc, Isco, Iniesta, Mata, why Spain struggling is beyond me.

Iniesta has been on a decline similar to ribery and sergio is good under one specific system.....

If it was me, I would drop all the barca players in the midfield and put javi martinez, koke and thiago as the 3... However, I doubt iniesta and busquets will get dropped anytime soon.

Short passes- Cesc/Thiago. You can't really differentiate. So both the same.

Long passes- Definitely Cesc.

Now vision: You stated Thiago has better vision than Cesc? Please tell me how you came to that conclusion. I let you off on the creativity one which again is debatle but also understandable as he is more agile and got a better turn of pace etc but vision wise, he is not better than Cesc. Fabregas assists record says it all. He has made brilliant assists for Arsenal, Barca and at us and they have ranged from short incised passes to long range passing. There is not much players who read the game better than Fabregas. In terms of vision Fabregas is up there with the likes of Xavi and imo his vision is better than Iniesta which I think many Barca fans would agree on.

Prove to me how Thiago has better vision than Fabregas. I know you will not be able to say or even prove anything that will change my opinion. There is a reason why Fabregas leads the assists record at every club he is at.

Assists doesnt equate to vision. If that was the case Cristiano, lampard, gerrard would be up there in terms of vision... People look too much into vision as assists..

Yet, I remember reading when mata was on chelsea he had more than all 3 barca midfielder combined assists or something crazy like that...

Vision its simple.. Thiago, like Silva can move around and adjust, however, Mata/Cesc are more static playmakers... Therefore, the option to provide the pass is greater from a player like silva/thiago vs cesc/mata. Thiago has a better passing range than Cesc and even longball passing is debateable. Vision isnt the pass that leads directly to the goal, vision can be the pass before the goal that doesnt show in the stats sheets...

Also, when you have better technique, you can make more and better passes in different situations.

I must say when I first heard of us signing him I was a bit apprehensive, thought he might have been another "has been" like Torres was for us. He has set out to prove to everyone he still has it because he still does. You go Cesc!! I'm behind you 100%

Assists doesnt equate to vision. If that was the case Cristiano, lampard, gerrard would be up there in terms of vision... People look too much into vision as assists..

Yet, I remember reading when mata was on chelsea he had more than all 3 barca midfielder combined assists or something crazy like that...

Vision its simple.. Thiago, like Silva can move around and adjust, however, Mata/Cesc are more static playmakers... Therefore, the option to provide the pass is greater from a player like silva/thiago vs cesc/mata. Thiago has a better passing range than Cesc and even longball passing is debateable.

Yes, assists does not equate to vision, I agree. But with Fabregas, the majority of assists I would lay down to his vision. They did not just happen from crosses or a little short pass. There have been a majority of them where he has layed of perfectly executed passes, from through balls to long range. You can see the impact his vision has had on the team already this season. Fabregas assists record is not just any stat. Those who watch him properly would understand why his assists record is so great. He reads the game better than most players and is one of the best playmakers in picking out brilliant runs from strikers.

-Schurrle's goal against Burnley. No more needs to be said. Only players who have the vision of Pirlo and Xavi can pull of that sort of pass.

-Everton 3-5 Chelsea. Assist for opening goal for Diego Costa was another example of his excellent vision. Simply through ball but it is the fact that he reads the game best and picks out runs which the defence failed to read. He has done these sort of through balls throughout his whole career.

- Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal. You want to talk about vision. His vision once again coming to full effect. He pulled of a fantastic long range pass. Not many players can pull that off and while I rate Thiago a lot he cannot pull these sort of passes of on a regular basis. Fabregas can and has. And no it is not up for debate. Fabregas is definitely a better long range passer than Thiago.

This is just while he has been at us btw. Do I really need to mention his Arsenal days. I can pick out so many games where he displayed a brilliant range of passing and recorded some brilliant assists and believe me I really could. But I will just mention/show one of my favourites. Fabregas has displayed these sort of passes numerous times throughout his career. I would have him up there in my top 5 in terms of vision.

Quite a ridiculous argument.

Cesc Fabregas was already a top established full blown international footballer at the age of 19 in a time where the England was the dominate league then becoming the best central midfielder in England at 23 where he became a versatile variable at the holding role, attacking midfielder, false 9, or even on the wing.

Thiago is no more than a talented footballer who's shown flair, particularly at U21 level but by no means has he established himself the way Cesc has done at his age.

You mean Cesc won a fa cup in 7 years at arsenal...

Thiago played a significant amount of games for when barcelona was one of the best teams ever in history, not for a team that won 1 fa cup in 7 years...

Thiago already won more titles than cesc.