Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Great post but the point in bold is something i disagree with. It's a big plus to have a player with his vision that can distribute the ball to the Ams while their on the half turn. So many times last season our pivot players (Lampard/Luiz/Ramires/Matic) struggled to get it into them meaning they had to drop deep to touch the ball. Again great post but i disagree when you say he's wasted in the pivot.

I agree. I worded it badly. I don't really mean that he's wasted in the pivot. He's obviously very useful there and distributes the ball better than anyone to the AMs. I mean that he's wasted only in the sense that he could have been even more productive if he actually was the one who receives the ball a bit higher up the pitch, not the other way around.

I agree with this. I worded it badly, I guess. I don't really mean that he's wasted in the pivot. He's obviously very useful there and distributes the ball better than anyone to the AMs. I mean that he's wasted only in the sense that he could have been even more productive if he actually was the one who receives the ball a bit higher up the pitch, not the other way around.

Oh i see, thats the great thing about Cesc, he's so versatile in the midfield area. You know he can control the tempo while playing deep but could also just as easily be our creative spark, kind of a rarity to see a player so good in those two roles. I know Scholes used to play behind the striker in his younger years but he was really a box to box player. Xavi and Pirlo always played deeper and Modric had games where he would play as a number 10 for Spurs but he had far more impact playing deeper thats why 'arry bought VDV.

No doubt he's way more productive as a number 10, but you know right now i'm really excited about the potential of the Oscar, Cesc and Matic trio.

Dont see cesc in the future Spain team. As costa.

Better for us as long as it doesn't affect them. I still believe that waiting for Scolari's exit and opting for Brazil would have been better for D. Costa in so many was with Brazil having no proper striker and him being a Brazilian. Anyway, who could have foreseen Scolari's departure would be that soon.

Dont see cesc in the future Spain team.

As costa.

Their loss, our gain. Tbh I think you can add Azpi to that list too. Either Carvajal or sbd will get in his spot because he suits them more.

At this moment, I dont think there are any spanish internationals in top leagues who would be in better form than Costa and Cesc. They simply dont fit their system, the problem is in spain, not in those two players.

Great post but the point in bold is something i disagree with. It's a big plus to have a player with his vision that can distribute the ball to the Ams while their on the half turn. So many times last season our pivot players (Lampard/Luiz/Ramires/Matic) struggled to get it into them meaning they had to drop deep to touch the ball. Again great post but i'm not so sure he's wasted in the pivot, he may be more productive further up the pitch but in the pivot he keeps us ticking and is the 'brains' in midfield so to speak.

I agree. I worded it badly. I don't really mean that he's wasted in the pivot. He's obviously very useful there and distributes the ball better than anyone to the AMs. I mean that he's wasted only in the sense that he could have been even more productive if he actually was the one who receives the ball a bit higher up the pitch, not the other way around.

The thing is playing as a #8 for us he's a DLP but he goes quite up in the pitch all the time. the only match I felt he wasn't playing near the striker when we had comfortable possession is City. Oscar - who's mostly our #10 - drops a lot. So even if Cesc plays as #10, he'll drop a lot to help and make transition from the deep because that's what the #10 does in our system. Willian also dropped a lot against City (supposing he was the #10... I see Hazard as the second highest player in the pitch that day). So if in the pivot he plays from the deep during transition and he plays closer to the opposition's box when we have possession, at the end of the day calling him #10 is only labeling a position for the sake of it. In our system the '#10' plays both deep and high. So does the #8 (which is theoretically his position). In reality the difference is small and last match I felt like Oscar played deeper than Cesc did... so I think we're labeling something that is pointless. He's the boss of our midfield (except defensively because then that's Matic). He plays higher and deeper all the time, alternating with whoever is the #10 in the team. Also we look a lot like a 4-3-3 a considerable time, with Hazard, Costa and whoever is in the right wing playing ahead of Matic, Cesc and whoever plays third midfield.

All those matches Daniel mentioned in his initial post Cesc played as the pivot player. It was only a couple of them that José changed him to #10 at the end of the match when he brought Mikel. He's a sort of b2b player with a lot of license to move wherever he feels he should move. And that's what sets him apart everyone else. His space awareness and vision are amazing. Who were we talking the other day that doesn't have space awareness in the pitch? I forgot, but Cesc is the opposite of that.

Their loss, our gain. Tbh I think you can add Azpi to that list too. Either Carvajal or sbd will get in his spot because he suits them more.

At this moment, I dont think there are any spanish internationals in top leagues who would be in better form than Costa and Cesc. They simply dont fit their system, the problem is in spain, not in those two players.

It all depends on who takes over for del bosque...

After the euros...

Hopefull Spain will line up after the euros...

DDG

Carvalaj-barthra-ramos-alba

Koke-Thiago-Isco

Munian-Alcaer-Jese

Spain needs to get rid of the old guard and move forward. Plenty of talent Spain has in their u23s

After the euros...

DDG

Koke-Thiago-Isco

Munian-Alcaer-Jese

Spain needs to get rid of the old guard and move forward. Plenty of talent Spain has in their u23s

Im sure Martinez will play ahead of either Bartra or Isco.

The thing is playing as a #8 for us he's a DLP but he goes quite up in the pitch all the time. the only match I felt he wasn't playing near the striker when we had comfortable possession is City. Oscar - who's mostly our #10 - drops a lot. So even if Cesc plays as #10, he'll drop a lot to help and make transition from the deep because that's what the #10 does in our system. Willian also dropped a lot against City (supposing he was the #10... I see Hazard as the second highest player in the pitch that day). So if in the pivot he plays from the deep during transition and he plays closer to the opposition's box when we have possession, at the end of the day calling him #10 is only labeling a position for the sake of it. In our system the '#10' plays both deep and high. So does the #8 (which is theoretically his position). In reality the difference is small and last match I felt like Oscar played deeper than Cesc did... so I think we're labeling something that is pointless. He's the boss of our midfield (except defensively because then that's Matic). He plays higher and deeper all the time, alternating with whoever is the #10 in the team. Also we look a lot like a 4-3-3 a considerable time, with Hazard, Costa and whoever is in the right wing playing ahead of Matic, Cesc and whoever plays third midfield.

All those matches Daniel mentioned in his initial post Cesc played as the pivot player. It was only a couple of them that José changed him to #10 at the end of the match when he brought Mikel. He's a sort of b2b player with a lot of license to move wherever he feels he should move. And that's what sets him apart everyone else. His space awareness and vision are amazing. Who were we talking the other day that doesn't have space awareness in the pitch? I forgot, but Cesc is the opposite of that.

My point was that it wasn't just a couple of times it happened. Practically all of Cesc's assists from open play and clear-cut chances he created happened when Jose gave him a more free role than the pivot: either a true 4-3-3 or #10. That's impossible to ignore. The only exception is the Burnley game, but in that game Cesc went forward far more often than he does lately. Now he's more defence-minded when he plays in the pivot. If you look at Cesc's average position in matches lately, it's practically next to Matic in the center of the pitch, despite playing for about 20 minutes in a more advanced position. And in the last few games, I didn't see him and Oscar swapping positions much. Oscar played deep against Arsenal to help out the defence, but it's not the same thing as swapping positions or being a true third midfielder. It's undeniable that Cesc participates in attack more when Mikel or Ramires play in the midfield(Man City game being an exception for obvious reasons).

After the euros...

DDG

Koke-Thiago-Isco

Munian-Alcaer-Jese

Iñigo Martinez?

After the euros...

DDG

Koke-Thiago-Isco

Munian-Alcaer-Jese

There is absolutely no way Bartra will start ahead of Inigo, and no Pedro or Busquets? Laughable.

There is absolutely no way Bartra will start ahead of Inigo, and no Pedro or Busquets? Laughable.

Iñigo Martinez?

Im sure Martinez will play ahead of either Bartra or Isco.

He has 1 cap and is 23. In 2018, he will be 27....

Barthra plays for barcelona and knowing how Spain work, the barca+RM connection wins out. Inigo wont start in 2018, he wasnt even called up for the qualifiers, while as Barthra was.

Barthra plays for barcelona and knowing how Spain work, the barca+RM connection wins out. Inigo wont start in 2018, he wasnt even called up for the qualifiers, while as Barthra was.

LMAO. Bartra is shit.

Del Bosque selected Torres despite how shit he is in favor of in form players, Spains RM and Barca favoritism will be demolished once a new manager is appointed.