Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Oscar on Cesc - "We have been switching positions a lot and we hope to perfect that as the season goes on because it has been working very well for the team."

Precisely why I've been saying Oscar and Fab have formed a nice partnership, they play off each other so well.

Am i the only one who thought he looked very strong (physically) against Arsenal? He was fucking outmuscling the arsenal players, he was spot on with his tackling and the way he was able to shield the ball with ease, he looked fast, strong and sharp.

Actually, yeah. Not sure, but it looks like he put on some muscle. He doesn't really look lightweight.

Am i the only one who thought he looked very strong (physically) against Arsenal? He was fucking outmuscling the arsenal players, he was spot on with his tackling and the way he was able to shield the ball with ease, he looked fast, strong and sharp.

That was my biggest fear when we bought him. I thought he was going to be loosing balls under pressure like Mata but he proved me wrong in the arsenal match. I clenched my fist each time he made a tackle or evaded arsenal pressing.

He's always been a great tackler of the ball tbh

That was my biggest fear when we bought him. I thought he was going to be loosing balls under pressure like Mata but he proved me wrong in the arsenal match. I clenched my fist each time he made a tackle or evaded arsenal pressing.

Cesc is better in possession than Mata, but this team is better masking cesc's defensive deficiencies as well...

While it's undeniable that Cesc improved a lot defensively and tactically to play in the pivot, I still would like him to play higher, tbh. I think he's playing too deep most of the time. Most of his assists actually happened when he played a more advanced role in 4-3-3 or as #10.

His Burnley assist to Schurrle: although Cesc technically played in the pivot, he went forward a lot in that game and made the assist to Andre from where one would expect a CAM play.
His Swansea assist: played as the most advanced midfielder in 4-3-3 after Ramires came on, linked up brilliantly with Hazard, and Costa only had to tap in after Cesc's pass.
His Everton assist: played #10 in the beginning and assisted Costa with a through-ball. Also played another through-ball to Costa that could been a goal.
vs. Schalke: played the most advanced midfielder in 4-3-3, linked up well with Hazard, scored, played a great through-ball to Hazard.
vs. Villa: played in the pivot and spent the majority of the game distributing the ball. Mikel was subbed in and Cesc moved higher. The ball to Costa followed--> Willian's goal.
vs. Sporting: after Mikel came on, Cesc moved higher up the pitch and made through-balls to Costa and Salah(which they wasted, but that's another story).
His Arsenal assist: played #10 after Mikel came on, which resulted in a FIFA-like though-ball to Costa.

So the majority of great chances and assists he created actually happened when Cesc played higher. When he plays in the pivot, he spends most of the time defending and distributing the ball to the AMs, which is a shame. His talent is wasted in the pivot, IMO. He'll be even more productive if he plays a bit more advanced all the time.