Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Darren Dein, Fabregas' agent, has been in touch with all the top PL clubs. #AFC can sign him for €36m but are not interested. (Marca) #CFC

#MUFC have offered €6m per season to Fabregas while #CFC at most would offer €5m, but #CFC can offer @cesc4official Champions League (Marca)

Arsenal not interested? That doesn't make sense, they'd be the first club after him because they'll be the most desperate.

Dude I would LOVE to see more attacking football from Chelsea, I just don't think Jose will change to deliver that. When I said someone understands football I meant understands what type of set up works best for a Mourinho team to function at its full capacity.

I don't know pal. I think you're overestimating how defensive Mourinho is trying to set us up. We'll truly see his set up this upcoming season. Don't forget Mourinho himself admitted to changing the initial system he wanted to implement to a more conservative one because the team wasn't ready, hence why he kept repeatedly saying we weren't in the title race.

I still think Fabregas would fit into the system Mourinho I think is trying to implement here, simply because a midfield tandem of Oscar, Fabregas and Matic would be very balanced for the majority of the games we're going to play. We aren't always going to play that three of course but Mourinho likes to have different options and Cesc gives him exactly that. We will still have the quick defence to attack transition and Fab would add to that because he's a very good direct passer of the ball (something we never see at Barca because they don't allow it) which people forget.

What you're essentially saying is that Mou wants more power in midfield than finesse (just like how you don't believe we'll sign Kroos or Rakitic, which is fair enough) but I personally think Mou likes options. If we want power in midfield we can play a pivot of Ramires and Matic instead but if we need to score goals and dominate a match, which we are very capable of, Fabregas next to Matic would be ideal.

I'm not saying it'll happen but if it did it would be a very good signing IMO. It makes a lot of sense in my head because of the price tag and the fact that he should help fix one of our major problems of the 13/14 season. We can agree to disagree of course but all I'm saying is don't completely dismiss the idea of a player in the ilk of Kroos, Rakitic or Fabregas just yet.

He's a dirty gooner and I don't really prefer him here. It would be really difficult to associate him with Chelsea and not with Arsenal and Barca - two clubs that aren't exactly in my good book. But if there really aren't any alternatives available for a reasonable price, then I guess I can turn a blind eye.

Arsenal not interested according to the Telegraph.

Such a shit report.... There are no direct quotes from ANY Arsenal representative saying they don't want him. But they just assume Arsenal don't want Fabregas even though, they have a deal with Barcelona that says, if any team bids for Fabregas, Arsenal get they option of matching that offer and only if they don't want to match that offer will they Fabregas be sold.

Such a shit report.... There are no direct quotes from ANY Arsenal representative saying they don't want him. But they just assume Arsenal don't want Fabregas even though, they have a deal with Barcelona that says, if any team bids for Fabregas, Arsenal get they option of matching that offer and only if they don't want to match that offer will they Fabregas be sold.

It's the Telegraph. They're pretty reliable. They were also the first paper to break the news that Fabregas is available for £30m to begin with.

It's the Telegraph. They're pretty reliable. They were also the first paper to break the news that Fabregas is available for £30m to begin with.

When is there ever direct quotes? The Telegraph are reliable and have sources.

I won't believe that Arsenal are out of the race for Cesc just yet my friend. I'm pretty sure they will have a say in where he goes if he comes to England.

I don't know pal. I think you're overestimating how defensive Mourinho is trying to set us up. We'll truly see his set up this upcoming season. Don't forget Mourinho himself admitted to changing the initial system he wanted to implement to a more conservative one because the team wasn't ready, hence why he kept repeatedly saying we weren't in the title race.

I still think Fabregas would fit into the system Mourinho I think is trying to implement here, simply because a midfield tandem of Oscar, Fabregas and Matic would be very balanced for the majority of the games we're going to play. We aren't always going to play that three of course but Mourinho likes to have different options and Cesc gives him exactly that. We will still have the quick defence to attack transition and Fab would add to that because he's a very good direct passer of the ball (something we never see at Barca because they don't allow it) which people forget.

What you're essentially saying is that Mou wants more power in midfield than finesse (just like how you don't believe we'll sign Kroos or Rakitic, which is fair enough) but I personally think Mou likes options. If we want power in midfield we can play a pivot of Ramires and Matic instead but if we need to score goals and dominate a match, which we are very capable of, Fabregas next to Matic would be ideal.

I'm not saying it'll happen but if it did it would be a very good signing IMO. It makes a lot of sense in my head because of the price tag and the fact that he should help fix one of our major problems of the 13/14 season. We can agree to disagree of course but all I'm saying is don't completely dismiss the idea of a player in the ilk of Kroos, Rakitic or Fabregas just yet.

I don't think I'm overestimating it at all. We created a lot of goalscoring opportunities that never quite got finished. We had the capability to be a very good team even with the same philosophy that has been implemented. A striker is the number one need after that a deeper CM who can play in the pivot next to Matic. Do you think Jose changed his style because we didn't attack well or because the way we were playing left us exposed at the back? I think it was because we were leaking too many goals to shit teams.

I think what's happening here is you think I don't want a player like Modric, Rakitic, Kroos or Oscar to play in the deep mid, I do! I just don't see any of those players as viable options in Jose's system. I know what you think but never before has Jose played a traditional 10 in the holding role. Beyond that the tweak I've seen in Jose's tactics from years past is the pace. When we're at our best we are winning the ball high up the pitch with pressure from every member of the team. With Cesc in that system we lose pace and also ball winning ability. Jose needs people who work hard on both sides of the ball to get it back and to keep it. Ramires is the closest thing we have to the type of player Jose needs in the centre of the pitch next to Matic. He is fast, wins the ball, breaks up counters and is capable to run down attackers should we lose the ball, what he can't do is recycle possession and pick a pass.

And no I'm not saying Jose wants more power than finesse, what I'm saying is we need a guy capable of providing both. Versatility. Someone like Michael Ballack is a Jose Mourinho type player, Essien in his prime. I can't see Jose switching this need because he knows when he gets it his sides are nearly unbeatable. Jose is a very rigid manager and having someone like Cesc who likes to get forward and doesn't really possess defensive awareness or is capable to snuff out danger would drive him mad. I'm only going on what I've seen, if you think Jose is ready to change you're more than entitled to your opinion I just won't be endorsing it. Oscar would make more sense in the pivot if we were looking to go that route because he can win balls and can pick a pass. Jose won't play him there because he's lightweight.

I remember when we were linked to Suarez (who is a far bigger cunt than Fabregas. He bit one of our player and then scored in that same game ffs) and a lot of people said they'd like it if he came. But now people are saying we don't want Fabregas cuz he's a cunt..... :blink:

I remember when we were linked to Suarez (who is a far bigger cunt than Fabregas. He bit one of our player and then scored in that same game ffs) and a lot of people said they'd like it if he came. But now people are saying we don't want Fabregas cuz he's a cunt..... :blink:

A lot of people say our team is lacking a cunt, hence why they like Costa :D

I know...... :fainthv9:

BUT, Now that David Luiz has left, the #4 kit is vacant. So if anything he'll take that. Maybe even a cheeky attempt at knickin the #10 from Eden

Don't ever say that again. Hazard is 10.