Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I kind of feel sorry for them. It was hard for us to learn that Lampard will join City, even if his role there won't be that important. Imagine how it feels to see your favourite players lifting trophies for your rivals. I wouldn't laugh at them about that.

It's tragicomic. I can't deny I kinda feel sad for them but I also can't avoid finding it funny. The fact that this has happened so many times but they still have this kind of reaction only adds up to everything.

http://www.football-espana.net/44895/mou-chelsea-will-use-cesc-properly

“The team played very well but I agree with Cesc being man of the match because he and [Nemanja] Matic controlled the game and dictated the intensity of it,” he told reporters.

“They decided how to control the pace. They were both good brains in this team and I am happy with that because last season we could not control the game as we controlled [it] today.

“When the players are your first choice it is very difficult to make a mistake. Fabregas was our first choice for that position.

“I know clearly what the player is because we were so long in the same league.

“He moved to Spain also, so for the last 10 years we have been in the same league for six or seven. I know exactly what he will bring.

“For Barca he was the fake nine, the number ten and winger but I know and he knows what is his best position so he is giving exactly what we need. Quick thinking in midfield.

“He brings people in the same direction. I am really happy.”

Line-up in attack & midfield was just about perfect. My only doubt there is Oscar. I'd prefer a system in which Willian could play instead of him, but you'd have a lot of wingers then of course. Maybe just give Oscar benefit of the doubt and allow him to fulfill his big potential under the wings of Fabregas & Matic. No better place to train your skills!

Only flaws are in defence. We were caught out several times on our right back side. Marking was no way near tight enough in that area. I think that would improve vastly if we bring in Luis on the left, move Azpi back to right & give Ivanovic a central role again. I know that implies leaving out Cahill or Terry but in all truth I believe Cahill/Ivanovic is the best in terms of quality. But very hard to deny Terry in his role as captain and club legend of course.

Line-up in attack & midfield was just about perfect. My only doubt there is Oscar. I'd prefer a system in which Willian could play instead of him, but you'd have a lot of wingers then of course. Maybe just give Oscar benefit of the doubt and allow him to fulfill his big potential under the wings of Fabregas & Matic. No better place to train your skills!

Only flaws are in defence. We were caught out several times on our right back side. Marking was no way near tight enough in that area. I think that would improve vastly if we bring in Luis on the left, move Azpi back to right & give Ivanovic a central role again. I know that implies leaving out Cahill or Terry but in all truth I believe Cahill/Ivanovic is the best in terms of quality. But very hard to deny Terry in his role as captain and club legend of course.

Precisely. Iva contributed a lot to our attack yesterday, was one of our best players, but to be honest, defensively we looked shaky on his side because of that. People complain about Azpi's no offensive contribution, but he was defensively solid on his wing, winning all of duels and making interceptions and clearances. When Cesc "Can't defend" Fabregas makes more interceptions and tackles than a fullback, it's just strange.

Precisely. Iva contributed a lot to our attack yesterday, was one of our best players, but to be honest, defensively we looked shaky on his side because of that. People complain about Azpi's no offensive contribution, but he was a rock on his wing, winning all of duels, tackles and making interceptions and clearances. When Cesc "Can't defend" Fabregas makes more interceptions and tackles than a fullback, it's just strange.

Definitely. Imo attacking backs only work well if you play like a 5-3-2 system where you still have plenty of defenders left to cover up the gaps and where the attacking backs are necessary to overlap the 3 midfielders.

When you play 4 at the back like we do, and you have the excellent attacking wings like we do, I think all 4 defenders should just stick to defending and keeping it tight.

Definitely. Imo attacking backs only work well if you play like a 5-3-2 system where you still have plenty of defenders left to cover up the gaps and where the attacking backs are necessary to overlap the 3 midfielders.

When you play 4 at the back like we do, and you have the excellent attacking wings like we do, I think all 4 defenders should just stick to defending and keeping it tight.

This match we needed to chase the scoreline and Ivanovic played a crucial part in our goals, though. There has to be a compromise, a right balance between attack and defence. I liked Iva in attack yesterday, but I didn't like how shaky our defence looked when he left big gaps down that side, leaving us quite open at times.