Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

That team at £82m (Luis 20m, Fabregas £30m, Costa £32m). Minus Luiz's transfer and money saved this January would mean we've improved our team massively for less than £30m. It would be incredible stuff.

*sigh*

If only our manager and board saw it like we do. We have the opportunity with the Luiz sale and massive wages going off of our books, PLUS the new TV money, PLUS the record profits that the club will earn this past season to build an incredible side that can dominate Europe. Just hope we seize that opportunity and don't settle for players like Tiago or do what we've done the past few seasons where we always look towards the next window saying "all we need is this." Let's just buy all that we need and win the title next season.

----------Costa-----------

Hazard--Oscar--Willian

----Fabregas--Matic----

Luis--Terry--Cahill--Azpi

----------Courtois----------

That's one hell of a side with some ridiculous balance. No idiots can call us boring and negative with that team. Would also see some "flowing, attacking" football that the media claims Roman is desperate to see.

lol, putting some names on a piece of paper doesn't make you a team

if it did, the Real Madrid side of 2004 should have won the treble, multiple times

Its a World Cup year. maybe someone will surprise us so lets not be so predetermined.

Agreed, we don't always have to go for obvious names. Ramires in WC 2010 for example...Who knows we might find someone like Gary Mendel after the WC

lol, putting some names on a piece of paper doesn't make you a team

if it did, the Real Madrid side of 2004 should have won the treble, multiple times

Replacing mediocre players with very good ones will usually see an improvement.

Completely different to Real Madrid who just bought the biggest superstar names regardless of necessity. These players would be direct upgrades in positions of need.

If we sign him hope he doesn't turn into another Petit.e.g.great at Arsenal,surplus to requirement with Barcelona..does nothing of note with us.

I don't like the guy but i work my arse off to be able to follow Chelsea everywhere so as always i'll give him as much support as anyone else unless he proves unworthy.

We won't have his best years if we sign him but if he can have the same impact as Ballack had with us,that would be huge. I would prefer us to sign someone like him who is experienced,has a few years left in the tank but wouldn't block the growth of the great potential we have in youngsters like Loftus-Cheek Baker,Swift and Chalobah etc..

We won't have his best years if we sign him but if he can have the same impact as Ballack had with us,that would be huge. I would prefer us to sign someone like him who is experienced,has a few years left in the tank but wouldn't block the growth of the great potential we have in youngsters like Loftus-Cheek Baker,Swift and Chalobah etc..

He's 27... If anything, he'd actually be a really good bridge for the likes of RLC, Baker, Chalobah & Swift.

----------Costa-----------

Hazard--Oscar--Willian

----Fabregas--Matic----

Luis--Terry--Cahill--Azpi

----------Courtois----------

That's one hell of a side with some ridiculous balance. No idiots can call us boring and negative with that team. Would also see some "flowing, attacking" football that the media claims Roman is desperate to see.

Ideally this set of players could be fantastic, despite the fact that Luis + Cesc individually as signings may sound incorrect initially to some (including myself).

But this is unlikely to happen because Jose will never sign Cesc.

Think objectively here...we need world class CM and I seriously doubt we will get Rakitic (probably not interested), Vidal, Koke (probably staying), Pogba (too expensive), Modric (unavailable)...list get shorter and shorter...

If there wont be any other options for CM, I would gladly take him for those 30m. Cunt or not. After all you should have no problem if he is a cunt since you dont care about Luiz leaving, despite being nice guy; just because we got plenty of money (at least most of you). Therefore I dont see why are people bitching if Cesc is cunt.

I wouldnt take Cesc as first option, but in the end of day, there wont be many options and we need one top CM for sure.

#MUFC are not believed to be interested in signing Fabregas this summer, despite the club's failed attempts to land him last summer. (Mail)

Cesc Fabregas qualifies as a homegrown player, a major attraction for both Manuel Pellegrini and Jose Mourinho. #CFC #MCFC (Mail)

I seriously doubt Mou would want him and vice versa...there was war of words between those two not long ago and I dont see them working together.

Other than that, should they be able to eat pride, Cesc arrival would improve the team massively.