Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Mourinho: Now I know why Fabregas was Arsenal captain

Can't watch the video at the moment. What does Jose say?

Edit: Never mind, found it:

Speaking to ITV Mourinho said “Now I understand at the age of 19,20,21 he was Arsenal captain, now I can understand that, He is not the captain here because here we have a different philosophy of big guys who have had many years at the club but his personality and profile are fantastic.”
Edited by Daniel1980

Can't see any reason why his performances should drop suddenly. He got a coach who is maybe the most demanding in the world and he won't be able to afford such a drop in performances. Unlike Wenger, Mourinho would never let him get away with it.

Can easily see Cesc becoming captain after JT, as funny as that sounds.

Bet you would have laughed at anyone saying that 4-5 months ago! :lol:

pretty sure I say this a few months ago and people on this board said I was a stupid prick.

To be fair, that is completely irrelevant to Cesc taking the captaincy! :Goober:

(joking of course)

pretty sure I say this a few months ago and people on this board said I was a stupid prick.

Bet you would have laughed at anyone saying that 4-5 months ago! :lol:

Well, whoever said that to you was just being irrational tbh. It really wasn't stupid or laughable to suggest that even back then IMO, Cesc clearly has great leadership qualities. It was about whether he would fit into the CFC culture, and atm it's looking like he truly does belong here and that he is really enjoying it as well.

Well, whoever said that to you was just being irrational tbh. It really wasn't stupid or laughable to suggest that even back then IMO, Cesc clearly has great leadership qualities. It was about whether he would fit into the CFC culture, and atm it's looking like he truly does belong here and that he is really enjoying it as well.

I meant before he was linked with a move here. The ex-Arsenal captain, the Frank-Lampard-hating 'cunt' with the "Barcelona DNA".... :lol:

Football is so funny sometimes :D

As long as Mou is at the helm Fabregas is not going to be our captain anytime soon. Jose knows about Fabregas' history (most importantly, vs Chelsea).

Yeah, even this weak he hinted in an interview that he would not make him captain. He said that he understands why he was captain at Arsenal but here at Chelsea we the belief that the captain needs to be someone who has been here for years and years.

Yeah, even this weak he hinted in an interview that he would not make him captain. He said that he understands why he was captain at Arsenal but here at Chelsea we the belief that the captain needs to be someone who has been here for years and years.

Haven't been following Chelsea much lately so thanks for that information!

Jose's right in what he's saying IMO. As far as I'm concerned, giving the armband to a player who hasn't even played 3+ years at the club despite having good enough leaders in your squad already wouldn't be the right thing to do morally. In times where loyality in football/sports is getting more and more rare it speaks volumes to reward players who have earned their place in the locker room over a long period.

I meant before he was linked with a move here. The ex-Arsenal captain, the Frank-Lampard-hating 'cunt' with the "Barcelona DNA".... :lol:

Football is so funny sometimes :D

When Arsenal fans sing "Fuck off Cesc Fabregas" and Chelsea fans sing "We've got Cesc Fabregas," nothing would surprise me anymore. :lol:

There really is no one else that can be captain than Cesc....

Ivan and felipe are near 30 or over. Matic cant speak english and is too nice of a giant sometimes....

And Costa is too much of a hothead...

It's either Cesc or after that Oscar. Maybe thibo, but I prefer outfield players..

Ivan and felipe are near 30 or over. Matic cant speak english and is too nice of a giant sometimes....

It's either Cesc or after that Oscar. Maybe thibo, but I prefer outfield players..

Oscar is the shy/quiet type of person, I can't see him becoming captain in all honesty. He's also struggling a bit with learning English.

I don't know what is wrong with a captain nearing 30, but Cahill is at least a good shout if we exlude Ivan and Luis then.

José was talking about making him the captain now. He's very clear about it when he says why he isn't the captain (instead of saying he wouldn't or he won't be). What Amels is talking - and that is the kind of sentimentalism a football club doesn't have - is that he'd never be a captain here because of his history against Chelsea, his past as a gooner and one that had trouble with us. If that mattered he wouldn't even play here. That's the BS that only exists for some fans. The criteria for being a Chelsea skipper is time played at the club and then leadership qualities. It has nothing to with his history against us. Cole was a reference in the team, I'm not sure if in some absences he was the captain and he played for Arsenal... Pre-Chelsea history isn't relevant because the club and the team are professional environments, not love puppies that base their actions on sentimentalism.

edit: Cahill isn't a shout imo. He's English, he's been here for some years. He doesn't have a leader bone in his body as far as I can say. It can't be only time playing for the club, they also have to be leaders. I don't see Cahill as a leader. He's too quiet and has a different kind of personality. At least that's my impression.