Premier League thread

Jase

https://www.premierleague.com/news/466516?sf112275437=1

The summer transfer window will end before the start of the season from 2018/19 onwards after Premier League Clubs agreed a rule amendment today.

The rule amendment means the summer window will close at 17:00 on the Thursday before the start of the season.

Next season the deadline for transfers by Premier League Clubs will be 17:00 BST on Thursday 9 August 2018.

The new rule, which applies only to the acquisition of players, will be for Premier League Clubs only and has no bearing on other leagues and competitions. 

Clubs will still have the ability to sell players to other leagues in which the transfer window is open, as they can now to leagues that have different transfer window dates, such as Major League Soccer.

Clubs agreed after discussing the topic at length at previous Shareholders' Meetings (February 2017 and June 2017) prior to today's vote.

+

Rightly so this, the window past the season was silly....Finest example of this was Chamberlain for Arsenal against Liverpool, put in fuck all effort days later he signs for Liverpool.

The other European leagues need bringing in line now or it will be a shark infested pool with the PL drowning.

22 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Rightly so this, the window past the season was silly....Finest example of this was Chamberlain for Arsenal against Liverpool, put in fuck all effort days later he signs for Liverpool.

The other European leagues need bringing in line now or it will be a shark infested pool with the PL drowning.

I agree, the only problem is that most other leagues start a week or so later than the PL. Need all leagues to start at the same date with the window closing the same day for it to be completely fair. But I doubt that will ever happen. 

I for once agree with Wenger that the january window should be scrapped as well while we're at it.

1 minute ago, Thendo said:

I agree, the only problem is that most other leagues start a week or so later than the PL. Need all leagues to start at the same date with the window closing the same day for it to be completely fair. But I doubt that will ever happen. 

I for once agree with Wenger that the january window should be scrapped as well while we're at it.

January is normally our panic window, probably no good for us.:D

I agree transfers window should close before the season starts but the problem now is that... It won't be closed in other countries such as Spain, France... So Real can come for Hazard, offer £150M, he gets unsettled, he wants to leave but then we can't get replacement... That's the only issue. It should be the same in all countries.

Its not gonna change overnight, but early signs have shown that Germany/France were in favor of doing the same thing. 

Serie A, idk, 

and Spain already said no I believe. 

I like it being closed before the season starts because it'll wake up our Board and force them to get deals done much quicker. 

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I like it being closed before the season starts because it'll wake up our Board and force them to get deals done much quicker. 

Wouldn't be so sure. They will probably still try to penny pinch their way till the end. Gonna be fun to see our board get the deals done early. :lol: