Premier League thread

Jase

What the heck is he talking about? If it weren't for Frankie, they weren't even getting a single point from us in their own stadium. If Chelsea is "not special at all" then who is? A team who gets beat by Stoke at home or who earns draw with a last-minute goal against Hull?

It is just mind games. Nasri knows City are backs to the wall in the title race.

I can't see them winning any trophies this season, but hey, when Barcelona have eliminated them from the CL he has a free Tue/Wed evening to follow our remaining CL games and Carling Cup final.

What impressed me most about his statement is further down. He said: City will get 90 points and be champions. LMFAO. They got 52 points now with 13 games to play which means they can get 91 points at best and 89 points at second best. You don't need to be a mathmatician to notice that there is something wrong with his calculation.

Usually it takes 86 points to win the league. For them to reach that they can only allow themselves 1 defeat and 1 loss, whilst having to go to Pool, spurs and United, all four fighting for 4th place.

For us to only reach 86 points we can allow ourselves like 4 defeats or 6 draws or more probably 1 defeat 4 draws (87 pts) / 2 defeats and 3 draws.

Nasri is right about that City were behind at this time in their two title wins and required some major cock-ups from us, pool and Utd. But this time it would take an even bigger one.

It is just mind games. Nasri knows City are backs to the wall in the title race.

I can't see them winning any trophies this season, but hey, when Barcelona have eliminated them from the CL he has a free Tue/Wed evening to follow our remaining CL games and Carling Cup final.

What impressed me most about his statement is further down. He said: City will get 90 points and be champions. LMFAO. They got 52 points now with 13 games to play which means they can get 91 points at best and 89 points at second best. You don't need to be a mathmatician to notice that there is something wrong with his calculation.

Usually it takes 86 points to win the league. For them to reach that they can only allow themselves 1 defeat and 1 loss, whilst having to go to Pool, spurs and United, all four fighting for 4th place.

For us to only reach 86 points we can allow ourselves like 4 defeats or 6 draws or more probably 1 defeat 4 draws (87 pts) / 2 defeats and 3 draws.

Nasri is right about that City were behind at this time in their two title wins and required some major cock-ups from us, pool and Utd. But this time it would take an even bigger one.

I agree, we shouldn't get upset by this.

Nasri is saying that we're not all that special. Judging by comments posted all over this site, many of us agree with him. I certainly do.

Nasri is saying they were the better side in the two meetings this season. They were.

Nasri is not attempting to be arithmetically accurate. Footballers talk about 90 points as the theoretical title winning figure in the same way they talk about 40 points as the theoretical target to avoid relegation. His 90 points statement was just an embellishment on his view that, "Chelsea will make mistakes", by which he means we will drop points, therefore, "If we [City] win all our games it will put pressure on Chelsea." He's right, if they win all of their games they will 'reach' 90 points, and that would put pressure on us.

I say ignore him, collect 33 more points (at time of writing) and leave him to enjoy our trophy parade from the comfort of his Dubai hotel, or wherever else he chooses to sun himself in the summer.

April fixtures reshuffled to accommodate cup final

Stoke City; Saturday Apr. 4, 5.30pm
Queen's Park Rangers (A); Sunday Apr. 12, 1.30pm
Manchester United; Saturday Apr. 18, 5.30pm
Arsenal (A) - Sunday Apr. 26, 4pm
Leicester (A) - Wednesday Apr. 29, 7:45pm

Crystal Palace (H) Saturday May 2.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/2/20/8074521/chelsea-fc-april-fixture-list

I don't think Newcastle is a straightforward opponent, Man City will have to be going at full speed to get 3pts. They also have the Champions league and Barcelona to negotiate before playing Liverpool on the weekend.... Very important stretch of games for them.

Having said that its still all about us and its now where the pressure of playing a later game starts to mount. If we do our job against Burnley, City will have real pressure to beat Newcastle while having to consider the midweek. We have to take three points here no question about it.

So the Leicester game is only in Apr. 29... thats sucks. Now we'll have one game less than the rest (well.. CIty) for two months. I hate it when it happens.

City have Liverpool away in the same fixture (March 1) and they might lose, so it could remain a 7pt gap.

Just checked the CL quarter final dates, they will be played on 14+15 and 21+22 April. Which means If we qualify we'll play:

QF first leg 14/15 apr

United (h) 18 apr

QF second leg 21/22 apr

Arsenal (a) 26 apr

I can see a watered down lineup being fielded against United from here, with Ramires on the wing and Remy for the United game and probably no Hazard too, and maybe no Cesc.

I can see a watered down lineup being fielded against United from here, with Ramires on the wing and Remy for the United game and probably no Hazard too, and maybe no Cesc.

Doubt that, Mou won't throw away the league for CL. He'll always play these players: JT, Matic, Cesc, Eden, Costa and probably Ramires.

Luis will get 1-2 games, rotating with Azpi and Iva.

Has the alarm bell rung once too often now?

Arsenal's Champions' League chances are hanging by a thread and City's are too. The Citizens might have picked up a slightly better result than Arsenal's but in truth they should have been at least 4 or 5 down at half time. We can't crow either. The pundits will probably spend the next week talking about Chelsea being the exception but none of us here will be fooled by that. Our draw masked a dreadful performance last week and we know it as is made quite clear by posts in the match threads.

What the heck is up with our league? Do we have things too easy? Will the money roll in for the players no matter what and is the same true for the Chairmen? If they sign good players the TV cash floods in but what happens if they sign only adequate players? They still find themselves swimming in oceans of cash. These are only the same speculations we've all come up with after previous poor seasons in Europe but can we keep brushing this under the carpet?

Now is the time to ask these questions before any potential miracle results come along to turn the ties around and lull us back to a false sense of security.

Something is broken.