Premier League thread

Jase

He's probably just watched us in the bigger games because that's when we tend to be televised and play separately to (or against) Man City. We haven't been anything special in those games to be fair.

So, you are siding with him???

So, you are siding with him??

No but I can see why he thinks that. Most (all) of our best performances this season have come against the smaller sides and I doubt he watched many of those matches (he said he's only watched some of our matches, probably the big ones).

He's probably just watched us in the bigger games because that's when we tend to be televised and play separately to (or against) Man City. We haven't been anything special in those games to be fair.

Because City have run riot in the so-called big games, have they?

Let's see :

vs Chelsea 1-1 home and away; 2 points

vs Liverpool 3-1 home; 3 points

vs Arsenal 2-2 away, 0-2 home; 1 point

vs United 1-0 home; 3 points

vs Everton 1-0 home and 1-1 away; 4 points

vs Spurs 4-1 home; 3 points

16 points out of an available 27; scored 14 conceded 9.

Chelsea has 18 points from those; scored 20 conceded 12. Special enough.

Because City have run riot in the so-called big games, have they?

Let's see :

vs Chelsea 1-1 home and away; 2 points

vs Liverpool 3-1 home; 3 points

vs Arsenal 2-2 away, 0-2 home; 1 point

vs United 1-0 home; 3 points

vs Everton 1-0 home and 1-1 away; 4 points

vs Spurs 4-1 home; 3 points

16 points out of an available 27; scored 14 conceded 9.

Chelsea has 18 points from those; scored 20 conceded 12. Special enough.

City haven't been special in the big games either you're right but people don't tend to look at themselves first when criticising. I take Nasri's comments to mean we haven't performed well in those games. The result have been good, sure. But people tend to remember the performances and I wouldn't expect Nasri to have a great memory or recollection of our games - he's probably thinking of our most recent big matches (vs.Tottenham, Southampton, Liverpool and City). Of course that doesn't excuse the arrogance and immaturity of what he said but I can see why he would think that.

Long long way to go, people have short memories...we had an 8 point lead going into the newcastle game!

Well, it's different because City have a lot of tough games left whilst we don't. Their schedule is a lot more difficult than ours.

No but I can see why he thinks that. Most (all) of our best performances this season have come against the smaller sides and I doubt he watched many of those matches (he said he's only watched some of our matches, probably the big ones).

City haven't been special in the big games either you're right but people don't tend to look at themselves first when criticising. I take Nasri's comments to mean we haven't performed well in those games. The result have been good, sure. But people tend to remember the performances and I wouldn't expect Nasri to have a great memory or recollection of our games - he's probably thinking of our most recent big matches (vs.Tottenham, Southampton, Liverpool and City). Of course that doesn't excuse the arrogance and immaturity of what he said but I can see why he would think that.

You sure are being very 'considerate' towards an opponent...

Perfect nonsense Nasri's comments. Talking about how we "only have a good striker" when at the same time they struggle to win matches without Toure.

Knowing when to shut it is a great virtue.

Ironically, he said we rely on Costa and yet in the 3 games without him recently, we have actually extended our lead at the top of the table. In fact, we have won 4 and drawn 2 of the six league matches without Costa this season.

So like Bir CFC said above, if performances are what he's talking about, would he be kind and honest enough to return his winner's medal from last year considering that they were comfortably out-performed by us twice in a season they won the league?

Bottom line is he's talking shit and there's no rationale for it ... I would've hoped everyone here atleast can see through that.