test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magic Lamps

Germany NT

Started by Magic Lamps,

122 posts in this topic

Because if it weren't for your country, you wouldn't be a footballer. Because the best interest of your country is always the best interest of you and your family in the long run, that's why.

Hmm, don't agree at all, but to each his own.

I will never understand fierce nationalism. I'll gladly support my national team. It's fun. But I don't believe in "serving my country" or in the "us against them" ideology of nationalism. I'm not a slave. I don't serve anyone. That guy worked hard to get where he's now his whole life. He doesn't owe anybody anything.

"Serving the best interests of one's country" is what gets a lot of young people killed, sadly.

iseah100 and Ainsley Harriott like this

Hmm, don't agree at all, but to each his own.

I will never understand fierce nationalism. I'll gladly support my national team. It's fun. But I don't believe in "serving my country" or in the "us against them" ideology of nationalism. I'm not a slave. I don't serve anyone. That guy worked hard to get where he's now his whole live. He doesn't owe anybody anything.

"Serving the best interests of one's country" is what gets a lot of young people killed, sadly.

I'm not even patriotic! :lol:

I just understand how much a person can benefit from his country and society. If Lahm was born in country like Lebanon for example, you would not have heard him no matter how talented he is or how hard he worked. So no, he wouldn't be where he is if it weren't for his country and if it weren't for a lot of people before him serving their country to their fullest.

johnnythefirst likes this