test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magic Lamps

Germany NT

Started by Magic Lamps,

122 posts in this topic

Not totally 100% convinced on Germany despite their wealth of attacking options. Defensively, they can be (and are often) shambolic as a team and till now, Low doesn't seem to come anywhere close to sorting out those issues.

Germany 2010 was soo full of promise, they never managed to fullfill that. They still have time, but progress stalled since...

Not totally 100% convinced on Germany despite their wealth of attacking options. Defensively, they can be (and are often) shambolic as a team and till now, Low doesn't seem to come anywhere close to sorting out those issues.

Lots of midfielders, no striker. Decent defense. I'd be surprised if they made it past quarters. If Belgium don't win their group, and assuming Germany do, Germany is in trouble.

Lots of midfielders, no striker. Decent defense. I'd be surprised if they made it past quarters. If Belgium don't win their group, and assuming Germany do, Germany is in trouble.

It's not so much to do with the players but the manager. Jogi Low is not exactly one that is really capable of organizing the team to be solid defensively and IIRC, he even admitted once that he doesn't train the players to defend set pieces!

iseah100 and syxxeR like this

It's not so much to do with the players but the manager. Jogi Low is not exactly one that is really capable of organizing the team to be solid defensively and IIRC, he even admitted once that he doesn't train the players to defend set pieces!

Well, that's the problem. If everyone knows he's a shit manager why is he still there? Surely they can lure the best managers.

schuerrle left, Reus right, Klose/striker, Mueller.

they could create excellent combination play, but Germany will win nothing under Loew.

Keep Oezil and Goetze out of the starting lineup or just pack it up and go home.

syxxeR likes this

Maybe a loss against an underdog like Belgium is just what we need. Those 2nd, 3rd places always paper over that whilst there is a constant influx of talented players the management is shambolic. Löw is only the peak of the iceberg. Bierhoff, köpke, flick, behlau, wirtmann. all have almost no experience outside dfb-beaurocracy. The physio's and the docs aso are great but the coaching is just average. After an early exit, heads would roll, which is exactly what has to happen. I'd rather have Heynckes or Klopp as national coach. Even klinsmann was better than löw. same tactics, but what i regard highly about Klinsi is that he is a true motivator, he singlehandidly took German football out of oblivion.

Schurle with a goal again!

I'm starting to think he's gonna be one of the stars in the WC.

I just want him to be a SUPER Star next season

Reus is a bummer, but Germany have abundance in talent. They are contenders with or without Reus.

I've followed a few World Cups... teams that look like a team at the beginning of the competition may look like the real deal, but teams are also built during the world cup, and those can go all the way and win it.

Can't believe it's 4 years already since Ozil burst onto the scene in South Africa ... Or 4 years since the Cup final in which Boateng crocked up Bally for the World Cup