test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magic Lamps

Germany NT

Started by Magic Lamps,

122 posts in this topic

just as the other threads.

Dubbed favourites, chances are decreasing by the minute due to a host of injury doubts. Whilst Joachim Löw had his driver's license removed for speeding, , Khedira is not fit yet, Bender is injured, Schweinsteiger as always is out of form. Players like Kramer, who no one has ever heard of emerge, but they just don't have the same quality. Also Löw's tactics are rather average. They might play to their strengths, but all that tiki-taka is just not good enough against the big sides, cos the counter-attacking prowess they displayed 4 years ago somehow has vanished. My wish for the WC is that Klose breaks the all time top scoring record. Given he is the only senior striker he will have ample opportunities to score those 2 goals. Ronaldo will be pissed his record only lasted 8 years.

hjperdeath and iseah100 like this

just as the other threads.

Dubbed favourites, chances are decreasing by the minute due to a host of injury doubts. Whilst Joachim Löw had his driver's license removed for speeding, , Khedira is not fit yet, Bender is injured, Schweinsteiger as always is out of form. Players like Kramer, who no one has ever heard of emerge, but they just don't have the same quality. Also Löw's tactics are rather average. They might play to their strengths, but all that tiki-taka is just not good enough against the big sides, cos the counter-attacking prowess they displayed 4 years ago somehow has vanished. My wish for the WC is that Klose breaks the all time top scoring record. Given he is the only senior striker he will have ample opportunities to score those 2 goals. Ronaldo will be pissed his record only lasted 8 years.

"Schweinsteiger as always is out of form" :lol:

No Gundogan too. They have an abundance of Midefielders/wingers, no strikers or Cdm. Lahm could play there though. Low is so overrated.

Opinions on Kevin Volland, Magic?

Well, I am not magic but German. Volland is a great player with a huge potential, one of the best young talents in attack Germany can offer. He has been playing for a pretty good side Hoffenheim and always been the star of the team. In my opinion, he would fit perfectly into a team like Dortmund. Volland is one of the big hopes, Germany has for its future and it is just right that he is traveling to Brazil!

The Skipper likes this

I've always been a huge fan of the German NT. In fact, it was my first "footballing love" since the 98 WC and particularly this match:

Last season I would have been confident about Germany's chances but this year, I just can't see it happening, especially with Low trying to replicate Pep's tactics with Bayern and even played Lahm in central midfield. Not a good sign.

iseah100 likes this

Löw is a coach, who hasn't won anything important on club level. In fact, he has nothing to show as a coach. 2010, he chose the wrong tactics for Germany, resulting in the knockout against Spain. The defeat against Italy in 2012 was the total fault of Löw. He is the only one to blame. The lineup and tactics were totally wrong. I remember watching the lineu and telling my friends, we are gonna lose. Löw is the culprit for the long trophy-drought of the German team. I wish, Klopp or Heynckes were the German national coach!

Opinions on Kevin Volland, Magic?

Well, I am not magic but German. Volland is a great player with a huge potential, one of the best young talents in attack Germany can offer. He has been playing for a pretty good side Hoffenheim and always been the star of the team. In my opinion, he would fit perfectly into a team like Dortmund. Volland is one of the big hopes, Germany has for its future and it is just right that he is traveling to Brazil!

IMO the opposite with Hoffenheim is the case. After heavy investments in foreign players they decided this was not the way to go so they decided to trust in the own youth propects and Volland made the most of his chance. He is fast, has lightning reactions, he reminds me of Müller in 2010, sharp and reckless. Considering we have almost no striking opitons, i agree he had to travel. I don't know if Dortmund would be that good for his carreer cos i see his strengths in coming from the wings with pace and casuing some havoc in the middle like Aubemeyang but with better technique and less pace, whilst Lewandowski is a modern target man, who excelled in the lone CF position. Footballing wise Volland will fit in any side with quick, fluent football, which is why I can't see him fitting in too well in the German side when playing sides like Ghana or USA when we have most of the posession against an opponent defending deep, but he will become even more complete with age.

Very lucky to not be behind against Cameroon. Eto'o has been excellent against them.

Would love to see Schurlle come on and play up top. So much class behind him, I think he'd enjoy himself

Bad sign for Germany. Cameroon shouldn't be drawing vs them @ home. Did they peak? Also, their finishing is very poor.

Löw is so overrated. No big achievements as a club coach. Thus, his career als German national coach is such a shame

Im thinking of getting a Schurrlle away kit, whats the best website i could buy it from ?

Never got any kits other than the cfc website.

Im thinking of getting a Schurrlle away kit, whats the best website i could buy it from ?

Never got any kits other than the cfc website.

Same here

In Germany it is pretty easy you can go to almost every sports retailer and get a print. For the US the simplest alternaive would be amazon or ebay. There you can get special offers and probably free shipping. Usually it will be 85€ with print, but if you are a member of a sports club you will get at least 10% off at most privately owned inter sports stores.

StrategiC likes this

In Germany it is pretty easy you can go to almost every sports retailer and get a print. For the US the simplest alternaive would be amazon or ebay. There you can get special offers and probably free shipping. Usually it will be 85 with print, but if you are a member of a sports club you will get at least 10% off at most privately owned inter sports stores.

Thnx bro, found it at amazon. This away kit is a piece of art.

I'm rooting for the Germans since i was born there.

WIR HOLEN DEN WELD POKAL NACH HAUSE!

Personally, I was unimpressed by Germany´s display, especially by Ozil, who produced nothing again. If this Ozil is worth 42.5m, then I would say Arsenal were taken to the cleaners, I feel.

I saw one mediocre German team, last night. Plenty of mistakes were made & Cameroon could have won it, easily.

Germany’s final squad

Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover)

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Howedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Julian Draxler (Schalke), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich), Christoph Kramer (Borussia Monchengladbach), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Andre Schurrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)

Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund)

If Bastian is injured or like 2012, Germany won't win again.......

I wonder if Gotze is going to play false nine with reus and muller on opposite sides...