test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steagles

United States NT

Started by Steagles,

170 posts in this topic

What about his hang time?

He ran 100 meters in like 10 seconds.

Mou would what?

Hang time??????????

Where did you get the information Cristiano ran a 100m in 10 secs, Bolt ran the 100m in 9.7sec, if Cristiano can run 10 sec, he would run in the olympics.

Hang time??????????

Where did you get the information Cristiano ran a 100m in 10 secs, Bolt ran the 100m in 9.7sec, if Cristiano can run 10 sec, he would run in the olympics.

Look it up dude.

I bet you think LeBron is a far superior athlete than Ronaldo, right?

Look it up dude.

I bet you think LeBron is a far superior athlete than Ronaldo, right?

LOL, some kid use a youtube video to measure Cristiano speed? that's reliable

Lebron is head and shoulders superior to Cristiano in terms of raw athleticism.

Doping policies in NBA have also something to do with the way players do their job.

It's ironic that the country that "killed" the second best cyclist in the history has a competition that maybe is one of the worst fighting doping in the world.

LOL, some kid use a youtube video to measure Cristiano speed? that's reliable

Lebron is head and shoulders superior to Cristiano in terms of raw athleticism.

LeBron never participated in the combine so where is your info?

No hes not. He's bigger and stronger, but raw athleticism? Cristiano makes a good argument.

Watch this.

LeBron never participated in the combine so where is your info?

No hes not. He's bigger and stronger, but raw athleticism? Cristiano makes a good argument.

Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, quicker.

Better vertical, better body control.

He's 6'9 and probably 260-270. Maybe you don't know much about Lebron, but he was a 5star wr in ohio.

Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, quicker.

Better vertical, better body control.

He's 6'9 and probably 260-270. Maybe you don't know much about Lebron, but he was a 5star wr in ohio.

Faster? Quicker? I don't think so.

He's very big and a fascinating athlete, I've seen him plenty. He was good in high school at football, what weight does that hold? None.

I think you are underestimating Ronaldo's athletic ability. Watch that video and then argue.

The game of football is not heavily based on physical attributes (e.g height, speed, strength) , if you look at the best players to ever play the game the majority of them are not the fastest, strongest and are below average height... it's the opposite for many American sports because their sports rely so heavily on physical attributes rather than skill and technique. Messi, Scholes, Xavi, Ineista, Pirlo, Pele, Maradona etc shows that you don't have to be the biggest, strongest or fastest in the game of football, to be the best you need to be technically superb and have great football IQ i.e reading the game like Scholes or Xavi. In football the so called 'athletes' are normally defensive midfielders or defenders...

Faster? Quicker? I don't think so.

He's very big and a fascinating athlete, I've seen him plenty. He was good in high school at football, what weight does that hold? None.

I think you are underestimating Ronaldo's athletic ability. Watch that video and then argue.

Faster and quicker....

lebron wasn't good in football. He was great in football in high school. He was a top kid in the state of OHIO. That's like being a top prospect in Brazil/Spain.

Ronaldo the best raw athlete in football/soccer, however, average if he's pitted against the NBA/NFL players...

What's your take on this, Skipper?

Pretty much agree with James and Magic Lamps above. Football is less about athleticism than basketball or American football is.

A lot of the better players in the world aren't these huge, fast athletes; it's far more about technique. Combine that with the MLS being miles behind the top leagues in Europe and even South America, plus the fact that no one really cares about football in America (with it basically being the 6th sport of the nation)... There is just no way the US have a better chance than England in winning the WC. Nothing has even suggested that the up and coming youngsters are doing well and it clearly has to start from there.

US need to win from the youth onwards before anyone can make a ridiculous claim like that.

Also the people who are saying if USA embrace football they will dominate it, surely using that logic Russia should be dominating it now?

How is Russia the same as USA in athlete pool...

I can do this, too and I played football(soccer) my whole live and often tried basketball. I suck at both. My little brother, who is half my size will be a professional basket ball player next year. He beats me in almost every sport that requires skill, even though I probably bench 3 times as much as him and I ran the 40yards dash the fastest ever recorded in our highschool.

It is harder to become a technically accomplished player in a sport that requires highly specific skills like football when you are big, strong and full of fast twitch muscle fibers. You have an advantage when it comes to sports that rely on athletic, which why i am quite decent at Rugby, American football, MMA and stuff like this but after every session in the gym i felt like i had to adjust my shooting technique, cos my body was not motorically able to react to the newly gained size. That is why having a majority of FT muscle fibres that make people fast and strong can slow down you progress in skill.

Football is not about athletics, and it also is not only skill but tactics, teamplay, creativity, movement, coordination and body control. I agree the US has the best pool of athletes, but only because they themselves define being athletic=fast+strong+high jump. IMO if US would put more emphasis on football, they would still suck at it. The athletic education they get over there completely misses the attributes footballers learn here from day one. Football requires a different sort of endurance than most US athletes are trained to have. Football requires agility. OK Lebron and Co are quite agile for their style, but not as agile as e.g. Marko Marin, who is not even a good footballer. ppl like Adrien peterson might be quick as fuck, but running at full tempo with a ball at your feet is a completely different thing. Most American sports like AF, baseball and basketball the individual is much more emphasized. In AF and baseball everyone has his job and is not too much affected than what the players in his team do. Football is all about, passing, movement and interplay.

I know American footballers and basketball players are rediculous athletes with the perfect genes for their sport. But it is not that here in Europe there are no amazing athletes. Look at those rugby players, many are almost as big and strong as american football players, but they can actually run around longer than 10 seconds pass and kick a ball themselves without needing a 1 min pause and waiting for a kicker or quarterback to do something productive. What's the use of being big strong and fast if you can't even run longer than a few mins.

In basketball a bit more skill is required, but I see various players in the beko bbl, who are more skilfull than dwayne wade or so but would never be able to play in the nfl because of their lack of leap and size.

btw. Ronaldo is an amazing athlete and if he would put on some more brawn he could easily play wide receiver, imo. Players like him, Walcott or Bolly could easily participate at the Olympics, but why should they? they get much more money playing football.

Every great athlete can get big in the US sport. Even fuckin brock lesnar played in the nfl and dwight chambers was american footballer too. But as kickers, one of the few things in AF that actually requires some skill, Nfl used to hire ex-footballer goalkeepers. None of their "great athletes" could kick a ball longer than 40 yards.

In europe almost everyone plays football. logically there are some guys with great athletic potential in there, but only the most technically talented of them become pros. If the US intended to let their mega-athletes play football, everyone with not enough talent would fail just as they do in Europe. If the US want to succeed in football, they have to do it the same way as we do it in Europe, train footballing skills not athleticism.

Yea, sure you can do that...

Perfect example...

William sisters

Tiger Woods.

All games that require "skill."

Tennis is not dominated by US players though is it?

And golf? Really?

Poor examples.

James likes this

Yea, sure you can do that...

Really? How about countering that brilliant argument with something, instead?

Perfect example...

William sisters

Tiger Woods.

All games that require "skill."

Europeans dominate Tennis, Isner just got eliminated today, he was trying to become the first American since Agassi in '03 to make the quarters in that particular tournament.

Golf is just lol. Are they even athletes?

Tennis is not dominated by US players though is it?

And golf? Really?

Poor examples.

The William sisters dominated tennis, a so called skilled sport

Tiger Woods dominated gold, a so called skilled sport.

Your underestimating atleticism, when a particular Chelsea player is a perfect example of raw athleticism.