test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steagles

United States NT

Started by Steagles,

170 posts in this topic

If the best athletes in USA were bred to play football/soccer... everything would be so different in the world..

If the best athletes in USA were bred to play football/soccer... everything would be so different in the world..

Athleticism doesn't guarantee success. Pirlo? Xavi? Iniesta? Not the greatest athletes. USA don't win everything in the Olympics, do they?

Athleticism doesn't guarantee success. Pirlo? Xavi? Iniesta? Not the greatest athletes. USA don't win everything in the Olympics, do they?

USA wins the most medals every olympics...

USA has the best athlete pool in the world with the most finances and resources...When players like lebron, adrian peterson, calvin johnson decide to play soccer/football, good luck.

USA wins the most medals every olympics...

USA has the best athlete pool in the world with the most finances and resources...When players like lebron, adrian peterson, calvin johnson decide to play soccer/football, good luck.

Lol relax man. They also have the most athletes participating. Those guys are great athletes, but it's not the same. Football doesn't just rely on pure athletic ability, you have to have skill, finesse, etc.

James likes this

Lol relax man. They also have the most athletes participating. Those guys are great athletes, but it's not the same. Football doesn't just rely on pure athletic ability, you have to have skill, finesse, etc.

Finesse is athletic ability.

Skill can be developed.

USA biggest obstacle is promoting soccer over american football and basketball.

Perfect example is the UFC and MMA....

MMA was going to die in the USA a few years back, especially UFC.

Now go look at who the champions are in the UFC, one non american.......THe country embraced the sport/game and now the athlete pool is joining in the MMA world. Once that happens with soccer...

Case and point, women's usa soccer team

Finesse is athletic ability.

Skill can be developed.

USA biggest obstacle is promoting soccer over american football and basketball.

Lol and Germany, Italy, Neatherlands, Brazil, Argentina, etc. Don't have top notch athletes? England have some big ass dudes that are athletic, they don't fare to well in International competition.

And soccer will never overtake basketball so your point is moot.

Lol and Germany, Italy, Neatherlands, Brazil, Argentina, etc. Don't have top notch athletes? England have some big ass dudes that are athletic, they don't fare to well in International competition.

And soccer will never overtake basketball so your point is moot.

compare to the united states, no....

compare to the united states, no....

Altidore is pretty athletic, no?

Okay, maybe in 50 years time the usa will win a major internationl tournament.

But how many Asian countries can afford to pay half the money that goes into football in England or Germany? How many in Africa? And I'm not even talking about sponsorships or TV rights, just the foundations of football like academies and stadiums.

The message of the world cup is that football is a global game that unites people with different cultures from all corners of the earth.

Brazil and West indies became the best in football and cricket without much funding..usually even without many people in those places having even the correct ball to play with.

i don't see the connection between money and who should play in a world cup..in every other sport the best nations play in the World cup/World championships.

Altidore is pretty athletic, no?

Okay, maybe in 50 years time the usa will win a major internationl tournament.

By his calculations Kenya should be favorites for the World cup because Kenyans produce good long distance runners..

iseah100 and James like this

Usa has a better chance winning the world cup than england does in the future.

When they only play as a unit in competitive football for 3 weeks every 4 years i doubt it. If they joined the qualification process i suggested..them and the likes of China,Nigeria etc might have a chance..even tho football will never be higher than 6th on the priority sport list to the majority of Americans..i go to the states every year..more Americans prefer to watch Downton Abbey than watch football.

By his calculations Kenya should be favorites for the World cup because Kenyans produce good long distance runners..

where did i say long distance runners are superior raw athletes?

learn to read.

Go watch Senegal in 2002......

With the proper coaching/resources, a lot could be done with teams in Africa. If teams in Africa had funding, their wouldn't be so many of them playing their national team games under an european side.

where did i say long distance runners are superior raw athletes?

learn to read.

Where did i say you did?

I said by your calculations. Because long distance runners are athletes and athleticism is all you are basing your argument on,i included them

Learn more about football and reading basic english.

]Where did i say you did?

I said by your calculations. Because long distance runners are athletes and athleticism is all you are basing your argument on,i included them

Learn more about football and reading basic english.

I said pure/raw athleticism.

maybe you dont understand what that is... Here are some clips to display what it is.

maybe you dont understand what that is... Here are some clips to display what it is.

You ever hear of this guy, Cristiano Ronaldo? That dude is like really athletic.

Also, soccer requires a different type of athleticism, endurance, coordination,etc. Megatron, LBJ, AP, are super athletes cause of the sport they're in. They train to overpower people, would they train the same for soccer? Probably not.

There's nothing more pure/raw athleticism than running....basketball is about skill..all skills are learned.

You ever hear of this guy, Cristiano Ronaldo? That dude is like really athletic.

Also, soccer requires a different type of athleticism, endurance, coordination,etc. Megatron, LBJ, AP, are super athletes cause of the sport they're in. They train to overpower people, would they train the same for soccer? Probably not.

Cristiano vertical is 30' inch. His 40 is probably average/subpar in nba/nfl level, he's agility is average/subpar in nba/nfl level. Cristiano doesn't have endurance.

Mourinho would..

Cristiano vertical is 30' inch. His 40 is probably average/subpar in nba/nfl level, he's agility is average/subpar in nba/nfl level. Cristiano doesn't have endurance.

Mourinho would..

What about his hang time?

He ran 100 meters in like 10 seconds.

Mou would what?