test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steagles

United States NT

Started by Steagles,

170 posts in this topic

Let's go Yanks!

A place to discuss the national team of the United States.

Very difficult group for you. You think you can make it out of the group stages?

I'm not sure they go from the group stages, their squad doesn't look that great, no exceptional talent.

Not to mention Klinseman isn't exactly the best manager around..

Yeboii likes this

The only positive in the USA Squad is Julian Green, an 18 year old midfielder who plays for Bayern's reserves

Everyone else is average or just too old

I don't mind as I think he became a distraction and I think Klingsman is looking more towards 2018 which is needed.

The US is capable of getting out of their group but they are going to need excellent performances along with some poor performances by Germany Portugal and Ghana. 4 points could get through but the US will need goals

At first, I was upset Donovan didn't make it. I have a problem with leaving out a player who was in all the qualifying games not getting to go to the World Cup. But he is past it. I think he could have been useful off the bench cause of his experience. He could provide a goal scorer off the bench. Oh well.

Very difficult group for you. You think you can make it out of the group stages?

Do I think we can make t out of the group? Yes, but I don't think we will. Probably 4 or so points.

Not to mention Klinseman isn't exactly the best manager around..

Gonna have to disagree with this. For the US, he's the best manager that could've taken the job. Seriously, for how bad we are by comparison, he is a perfect fit. He is tactically sound, knows how to develop talent, and has an eye for talent. He is also great at convincing dual nationals to represent us, which is a good way to jump start the next generations.

The only positive in the USA Squad is Julian Green, an 18 year old midfielder who plays for Bayern's reserves

Everyone else is average or just too old

This couldn't be farther from the truth. Almost all of the guys that rounded out the roster of reserves are young, budding stars. For example:

Deandre Yedlin - wingback - Seattle (MLS) 20

Mix Diskerud - midfield - Rosenberg (Norway) 23

John Anthony Brooks - center back - Hertha Berlin (Bundesliga) 21

Julian Green - winger - Bayern Munich (Bundesliga) 19

Jozy Altidore - striker - Sunderland (EPL) 24

Aron Johansson - striker - AZ (Holland)

As far as these guys go, two, maybe three of these guys could start. Yedlin, Mix, Brooks, and Jozy are all going to play significant minutes.

So, where do our American members stand on the whole Donovan thing?

I am fine with Donovan being snubbed. He didn't fit Klinsmann's scheme, and he is no longer as quick as he once was and he was never physically imposing enough for him not fitting the system to not matter, so I can understand where Klinsmann is coming from. He brought in a bunch of younger attackers (and young players in general) to build this team up from the youth generation. I would love to see him there, but I'm not mad or anything.

Apparently he has got fairly out of shape.

Not at all. Still killing it for club, just didn't fit the system. In fact, he scored two goals this weekend and became our league's all time leading scorer. Its just time to build for the future.

i have a dream that one day the top 32 teams in the World will be the only ones in the World Cup finals.

You don't think the USA is top 32? US is top 15 (at the lowest, top 20) all day long.

CHOULO19 likes this

Is it strange that I'm a massive football fan and know almost ZERO about my own country's national team? The only players on the squad I have even heard of are ones who play in Europe. Never watched an MLS match as the standard is lightyears behind European football. It's like voluntarily watching woman's basketball instead of the NBA.

I have no interest at all in how we do at the World Cup as I know there isn't even a remote chance we win it.

One more thing I wanted to add about Jurgen Klinsmann bringing in young players he thinks have potential, in 2006 with Germany, he brought Bastian Schweinsteiger, Phillip Lahm, Per Mertesacker, and Lukas Podolski who were all 21 or 22.

Obviously our guys now aren't on the same talent level, but the comparison is still valid. He knows who to give opportunities to.

I watched some part of the friendly yesterday, and i don't know 95% of the players lol.

But Bradley is a quite decent player, he just keeps the ball moving and knows how to get into good positions.

One more thing I wanted to add about Jurgen Klinsmann bringing in young players he thinks have potential, in 2006 with Germany, he brought Bastian Schweinsteiger, Phillip Lahm, Per Mertesacker, and Lukas Podolski who were all 21 or 22.

Tbf, that was more the work of Low who was the assistant but practically ran the whole show and Bierhoff who Klinsmann brought with him.

Steagles likes this