test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Players to watch

Started by BlueLion.,

28 posts in this topic

1. Bruno Martins Indi (Netherlands)....talented young defender, a strong world cup could lead to an EPL move

2. Pogba (France)...he's just a classy player at such a young age

3. Lukaku (Belgium)...I just want to see the kid score some goals

First name to come to mind when I saw the title was Ricardo Rodriguez. Really want to see what's the hype about because I've only seen some highlight videos of him.

1. Kovacic - Croatia's midfield three in general should be a great thing to watch (Modric, Rakitic & Kovacic) but I'm looking forward to Kovacic gracing his abilities on the pitch the most - a very, very talented player.

Memphis Depay - Had a great season at PSV this year, and it's looking like he's well on his way to cementing that left wing spot for Holland. Expecting this kid to wow a few people at the world cup.

Neymar - Really steps it up to another level for Brazil, will be interesting to see if he can inspire his country to the trophy again this time around.

gunsmith likes this

Ricardo Rodriguez - I've been impressed by him every time i've seen him play. Will be interesting to see how he performs on the big stage

Oscar - I think he can become one of the stars of the WC

Lukaku - I just look forward to see him bully some defenders

Lukaku

Oscar

And someone different who i haven't seen much of:

Cristian Atsu - Might not start for Ghana but hope to see him make an impact coming of the bench.

Paul Pogba - outstanding player already, I expect him to be added value in France team.

Memphis Depay - reminds me on Ronaldo a bit, but very raw and with good performances he could break through

Serge Aurier - big prospect as fullback, will get starting spot and could break thorugh

But I will look closely on Rodriguez, Lukaku and Oscar too for obvious reasons.

1. Croatia midfield generals (kovacic, rakitic and modric) have creativity we could use.

2. Willian and oscar, I need to see them in a less defensive system

3. Costa, mandzukic and immobile for observation reasons

4. Ricardo rodrigez (let's see this hype)

5. Witsel I feel he is overated, so let's see if he can prove me wrong.

6. Koke and pogba, hyped by club playing style or true ability

gunsmith likes this

Who are your three major talents to watch this summer, and why?

Do you mean young talents? If so, mine would be:

1. Kovacic. He's been unreal for his age with Inter in the Serie A, and I'm really looking forward to seeing if he can do that in the WC.

2. Neymar. Hasn't impressed me with Barca and I'm looking to see if he can replicate his CONFEDs form.

3. Pogba. He's at a stage where he can either fulfill his potential and become world class or he could take steps backwards like so may promising talents have. This could be the tournament that make him.

gunsmith likes this

Oscar - If he truly has been biding his best for the World Cup I'd like to see a demonstration of that

Rooney - He believes this is his last chance to step up and he's rightfully admitted he has not in the past. Need big things from him now.

Cavani - Hasn't had the best season with PSG with Zlatan leading the line. Uruguay have a good team and I'm keen on seeing his exploits with Suarez.

James Rodriguez - destined for greatness, amazing player who will shine for Colombia. More so than Falcao, if he plays.

Schurrle- see if he can make an impact at striker for a german squad lacking in that area.

Pjanic-want everyone to see how great he is.

Proven players im most looking foward to watching :

Reus

Hazard

Vidal

Axel witsel - wanna see if he's worth that big transfer fee

Lukaku- I wanna see how he can perform in such a huge stage

Paul pogba- very talented player and young. I wanna see what he can do with France

Costa- our future striker. Wanna see him be more clinical and do well over all

Mangala- a lot of hype about this guy.. I wanna see if he can defend .. A lot of people are saying he's the best available young cb right now.

Sorry I know the op said 3 players

Kovacic: many of the guys have highlighted the reasons above, but I haven't seen as much as him as I have Rakitic and Modric, would be good to see him do well at the WC.

Oscar: I just want him to kill it at the WC and come back to Chelsea a world beater.

Jackson Martinez: as much as we've talked about him on here before, like Kovacic, I haven't actually seen that much of him due to not watching Serie A or Primeria Liga. With Falcao probably out, he will have to step up.