test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boshman

England NT

Started by boshman,

358 posts in this topic

Surprised there was no England thread given the vast amount of English users here. Unless i have completely missed it somewhere in which case i apologize :lol: Anyway here goes... discuss England.

My team to start against Italy would be.

Hart,

Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines

Wilshere, Barkley

Sterling, Rooney, Lallana

Sturridge

I know Woy won't play this team. The media's darling Gerrard will obviously play.Welbeck will probably get in with Sturridge pushed out to the left and the exciting lallana and Barkley dropped to the bench.

But i think we should just go for it. What have we got to lose? There is little or no expectation anyway. Pick a young, exciting and new team and allow them to play with freedom and enjoy themselves.

IMO we will do very well to even qualify out of the group. I can't see us beating Uruguay or Italy. Woy will play it cautious like i touched on earlier. There will be little or no creativity out there with the side he picks, a lack of chances created obviously means a lack of goals and we will get undone by sides technically better and with more desire to attack.

I hope i am wrong, but i just can't see it. Anyway.... Come on Engerlaaand!!

I predict England won't make it through the group stages and Hodgson will get fired.

Doubt Roy will be fired to be honest, simply because there isn't anyone to step up and make a claim to be a better manager (don't mention Redknapp either :P)

My starting XI

Hart

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Shaw

Gerrard - Henderson

Lallana - Barkley/Rooney - Sterling

Sturridge

Doubt Roy will be fired to be honest, simply because there isn't anyone to step up and make a claim to be a better manager (don't mention Redknapp either :P)

How can you overlook Tim Sherwood so easily?! :Goober:

Milner HAS to start against Italy. Would be mad not to, made for these sorts of matches.

I can't see us getting THAT far in our group without a recognised defensive mid.

Hart

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines

Gerrard - Wilshere

Lallana - Rooney - Sterling

Sturridge

Is probably what i would play give or take. Woy won't as he will probably play welbeck wide or something stupid.

Confident we can get out the group though.

Draw Draw Win.

Lose Draw Win. Through because Italy beat Uraguay and we put 4/5 past costa rica.

Literally if we get 2 points out of those first 2 games i will be over the moon.

boshman likes this

I think we will make it out of the group stages, with us and Italy advancing. I don't see Uruguay advancing, especially seeing Suarez will be out. Forlan is way past his age and Cavani has been having a bad season, not to mention their defense is atrocious, something of a league 1 team. England have young talents such as Ox, Barkley, Lallana, Sterling, Shaw who I think will perform very well and these players have been fabulous for their clubs. It's really a matter of fact seeing on who we face in the knock-out phases of the tournament. Team like Belgium, Bosnia, France, Portugal would be amazing to get in the second round.

I predict a draw against Italy and comfortable wins against Uruguay and Costa Rica. Guys, let's stop overrating Uruguay, they don't have their best player for the world cup and they barely qualified for this world cup, oh and they couldn't even beat Jordan at home.

We and I say that as half english, will probably get beat about 3-0 against Italy :cry:

I don't think Roy has picked a strong team, so many people left out :fainthv9:

I don't think Roy has picked a strong team, so many people left out :fainthv9:

Like who? Apart from perhaps Ashley I can't think of anyone.

Hart

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines

Gerrard - Wilshere

Lallana - Rooney - Sterling

Sturridge

Is probably what i would play give or take. Woy won't as he will probably play welbeck wide or something stupid.

Confident we can get out the group though.

Draw Draw Win.

Lose Draw Win. Through because Italy beat Uraguay and we put 4/5 past costa rica.

Literally if we get 2 points out of those first 2 games i will be over the moon.

I am not sure Wilshere will be agood partner for Gerard. He need a runner next to him. I would play henderson next to him

So

----Gerard-hendo-----

Milner-lallana-sterling

-----Sturridge------

The sight of both Smalling and Welbeck's names is quite tragic.

Read an article the other day of how Welbeck should start. I have never facepalmed so hard. I still have a bruise.

Azpinator and boshman like this

I've got a £20 bet on with Bet365 for England not to make it past the group stages.

If it happens I will refer back to this post.

My starting XI

Hart

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Shaw

Gerrard - Henderson

Lallana - Barkley/Rooney - Sterling

Sturridge

Big Sam for England. HOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!