Namika

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benatia is a good player.

£ 30m is very good for him.

If you do not buy now, CB may occur in the middle of a difficult season for us

He's solid, and paying £30 for him is just about right in today's market.

I really rate Benatia, and those thinking he'll be a mere back-up are failing to look at the bigger picture. Yes, this transfer may be a year too early for some to accept, but JT is on his final legs. We really shouldnt be expecting him to be our best defender. With this signing JT would slowly but surely ushered into an important squad player,

Havent we learned the dangers of waiting too long to replace top players?

I understand JT hasn't shown major signs of being a liability, but that doesnt mean we should wait till he does to then be looking for a replacement. Having 3 top CB's (and Ivanovic) is perfect for a top club and this should also help JT prolong his career imo.

I have no issues with this signing, and hope it happens.

He's solid, and paying £30 for him is just about right in today's market.

I really rate Benatia, and those thinking he'll be a mere back-up are failing to look at the bigger picture. Yes, this transfer may be a year too early for some to accept, but JT is on his final legs. We really shouldnt be expecting him to be our best defender. With this signing JT would slowly but surely ushered into an important squad player,

Havent we learned the dangers of waiting too long to replace top players?

I understand JT hasn't shown major signs of being a liability, but that doesnt mean we should wait till he does to then be looking for a replacement. Having 3 top CB's (and Ivanovic) is perfect for a top club and this should also help JT prolong his career imo.

I have no issues with this signing, and hope it happens.

Agreed. John Terry at his age is still a quality CB but he will not be able to play every game imo and will need the odd rest. While Ivanovic is a solid CB and that is probably his best position, has he played there often enough for us to prove he can be excellent cover if Terry suffered a long term injury? I am not sure. Zouma is a hot prospect but he still is a kid and while I think he will be a success I am not sure if he can be trusted to be thrown into the deep end if he were needed in PL games. I am impressed with what I have seen of Omeruo but again there is a big difference in playing for a team who aims to win the PL every season whilst also competing for the UCL. Big difference. Mourinho has shown he means business for next season and I would be very happy to see Terry, Cahill, Benatia and Ivanovic as our main CB next season. At this case I would be hopeful that Zouma can get a PL loan and avoid a similar situation to Kalas.

Man City's poor defence excluding Kompany so nearly cost them last season and while Demichellis improved towards the end it was clearly a position they needed to address thus why they are spending a lot on Mangala. They now have on paper, 3 solid CB in Kompany, Mangala and Demichellis and a good young CB in Nastasic who has played enough PL games to show he is a decent option. If we have serious ambitions to win the league I would rather have quality CB and let the young ones develop at other clubs.

Furthermore this sort of signing would make sure Terry and Cahill are not guaranteed a start every week as there is a CB who is rated as world class by some waiting to play and is good enough to start and thus hopefully will keep them at the top of their game but like you I am all for this signing. Makes sense.

Agreed. John Terry at his age is still a quality CB but he will not be able to play every game imo and will need the odd rest. While Ivanovic is a solid CB and that is probably his best position, has he played there often enough for us to prove he can be excellent cover if Terry suffered a long term injury? I am not sure. Zouma is a hot prospect but he still is a kid and while I think he will be a success I am not sure if he can be trusted to be thrown into the deep end if he were needed in PL games. I am impressed with what I have seen of Omeruo but again there is a big difference in playing for a team who aims to win the PL every season whilst also competing for the UCL. Big difference. Mourinho has shown he means business for next season and I would be very happy to see Terry, Cahill, Benatia and Ivanovic as our main CB next season. At this case I would be hopeful that Zouma can get a PL loan and avoid a similar situation to Kalas.

Man City's poor defence excluding Kompany so nearly cost them last season and while Demichellis improved towards the end it was clearly a position they needed to address thus why they are spending a lot on Mangala. They now have on paper, 3 solid CB in Kompany, Mangala and Demichellis and a good young CB in Nastasic who has played enough PL games to show he is a decent option. If we have serious ambitions to win the league I would rather have quality CB and let the young ones develop at other clubs.

Furthermore this sort of signing would make sure Terry and Cahill are not guaranteed a start every week as there is a CB who is rated as world class by some waiting to play and is good enough to start and thus hopefully will keep them at the top of their game but like you I am all for this signing. Makes sense.

What has he done to become "world class".

Or is that another misused phrase around here like "mourinho-type player"? He had ONE good season at roma. Now he can be the future of this club.

Just another example of how players get over-hyped.

Or is that another misused phrase around here like "mourinho-type player"? He had ONE good season at roma. Now he can be the future of this club.

Did you watch him play more than a couple matches last season? I've watched a lot of football from around Europe and I don't think there's a better centre back right now. He has everything. He's right up there with Godin, Kompany, Ramos, etc.

he was very good at udinese too.

Di Marzio: Chelsea are interested in Roma’s Benatia. Mourinho’s club likes Roma’s defender Benatia a lot. As of now it is only interest, we will see if it becomes anything more.

If we want another CB i think he's the right choice.

I support this signing. We lack one defensive player for a healty squad depth (unless we decide to give Zouma a chance). Terry is 33 and if either Azpi or Filipe get injured, Ivanovic would be shifted on RB which would mean we only have 2 available CBs in John and Garry. With 4 competitions we will be in, that's to darn little.

Hopefully Cole can fill Benatia's head with some propaganda and he could come here for a good fee and be a good player for us.

No need to rush though, we have time to make a decision. I would like to look at Zouma's pre season performances before we bring someone in.

Has anyone ever seen a more biased forum than Bluemoon with Man City fans? Wow

Earlier I read a post on there that said man-for-man our (new) starting 11 is only better than theirs in the GK department (Courtois vs. Joe Hart) :lol:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You