Mehdi Benatia

Namika

With Zouma i think he needs some growing as i've seen alot of reckless challenges from him...he slides in way too often in the penalty box instead of getting the right angle on the attacker and staying on his feet to shadow block and out muscle him cleanly. He's been described as the new John Terry but from what i've seen of him he's the new Mickey Droy/Doug Rougvie. He could grow into a great but despite him having great physical size,he needs to grow in technique.

Kalas on the other hand plays like a true veteran,very polished defender..at the start of the season when Jose may want to give World cup players some light work i'd be calm about having him play instead of Cahill.

Omeruo i see as being groomed as a RB/CB..somebody to play the Ivanovic role in our squad. something Kalas can also do. Between them to they are fine for the 4th and 5th spot at CB on our depth chart. I expect both to be in our 1st team squad this year. I expect Omeruo to have a good World cup and impress Jose.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Zouma i think he needs some growing as i've seen alot of reckless challenges from him...he slides in way too often in the penalty box instead of getting the right angle on the attacker and staying on his feet to shadow block and out muscle him cleanly. He's been described as the new John Terry but from what i've seen of him he's the new Mickey Droy/Doug Rougvie. He could grow into a great but despite him having great physical size,he needs to grow in technique.

Kalas on the other hand plays like a true veteran,very polished defender..at the start of the season when Jose may want to give World cup players some light work i'd be calm about having him play instead of Cahill.

Omeruo i see as being groomed as a RB/CB..somebody to play the Ivanovic role in our squad. something Kalas can also do. Between them to they are fine for the 4th and 5th spot at CB on our depth chart. I expect both to be in our 1st team squad this year. I expect Omeruo to have a good World cup and impress Jose.

Think the maturity Kalas has shown o don't the field has anything to him being around JT? I think Zouma should be on the roster, no loan. He can learn from JT and improve. Benatia has no need here, not for the price + age. Cahill+Terry played nearly every game this season, 5 cb's is more than enough.

Think the maturity Kalas has shown o don't the field has anything to him being around JT? I think Zouma should be on the roster, no loan. He can learn from JT and improve. Benatia has no need here, not for the price + age. Cahill+Terry played nearly every game this season, 5 cb's is more than enough.

He looked calm and composed on loan..maybe JT has helped him but the improvement hasn't appeared as big as Zouma would have to make.Zouma at this stage has shown he has talent but he reminds me of Sakho at Liverpool at the moment.all a striker has to do is get a touch on the ball a split second before him and it's a penalty. We can keep 2 youngsters at the back to play CB and some at RB if needed but i'd rather Omeruo to go with Kalas..Zouma should go on loan to a club in England,let him get used to the slightly faster pace of english football and let another team deal with the bumps of losing penalties and going down to 10 men until he matures as a defender.

I don't want us to sign Benatia or any other CB this year,we can agree on that.

There's only about 3/4 defenders in the world good enough to break up the JT Cahill partnership.

Kalas has impressed, and ivanovic is still more of a CB than rb even though he has been playing there several years.

I'm not hugely against buying another defender but I am at spending so much.

We just sold David Luiz for what I would say was 20 mil more than he was worth, I would rather we spend it wisely than do a Liverpool and buy Andy Carroll.

There's only about 3/4 defenders in the world good enough to break up the JT Cahill partnership.

Benatia considered by many as one of the top 5 CBs in the world. Ask a Seria A fan and he'll tell you.

Anyway, Roma’s sporting director Sabatini said last night that Benatia is not for sale, and only a offer of 60m euros would make him think.

Im happy City wont have him, with Kompany they would have been some pair.

• 1 month later...

Sabatini on Benatia: "He is not for sale. Mehdi has been influenced by his agent. Anyone who wants Benatia will have to pay €61m (£49.6m)."

Looks like he is for sale afterall. Some news sources saying he is off to City. Very good signing for them if true.

• 2 weeks later...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/13/romas-mehdi-benatia-wants-to-move-to-chelsea-and-play-for-jose-mourinho-4796369/

Metro saying that GdS are reporting that Benatia wants to move to Chelsea. Never seen much of this guy, what do people think?

One of the best stoppers in Europe atm, top 5 Imo.

Cahill will start. 30M for a back up?

I think eventually Terry will be moved to be a back up.

I don't think he can last that long.

Maybe this year is the year in which we transition Terry out for someone new.

Maybe this guy might be it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You