The Board

The thing about youth is unless we happens to have the most talented bunch of young players in history, we will struggle to challenge for top titles every season. Look at Barcelona, while being praised as having the best academy in the world, they still make a few top class signing every summer to improve the team and just did again with Turan and maybe soon Pogba. We are talking about a team that just won the treble with ease.

Look at Bayern, full of homegrown players but they also know you still have to compete for the best players around to CHALLENGE. Once they tried to rely entirely on their youth a few seasons ago they ended up finishing like 3rd in Bundesliga and since then every summer they also make a couple of big additions that improves their 11, this summer it is Vidal.

Do you guys know why Arsene Wenger virtually abandoned playing youth in cup games now and actually looking to sign top class players? Because after a decade he realized that you cannot win anything with kids but the youth cup/league. Same with MU. Football is bigger than ever like @FulhamBroadway said, it isn't just a simple game of kicking the ball and trying to win title every season anymore, the business aspect is just as big as it is a huge global brand worth billions, hence the Sky deal proved.

Everyone who is 'fine' with us trying to intergrate our kids into the team should also not complain when we finishes 3rd in the league and get knocked out in the last 16 again by PSG/Juve/big 3 because in those games we happen to have to start Mikel/Moses(not specific but likely example of what will happen when our 1st team players are injured) and not Witsel/Pedro. If we really want to use youth more often then don't mind a couple of transition seasons also where we win nothing aka 2013-14 again. Me and lot of others on here are not fine with that because we care about competing with the very best year in year out, not with the team sheet making up of 5 kids from the academy when we could sign 5 world class players for those positions.

The thing about youth is unless we happens to have the most talented bunch of young players in history, we will struggle to challenge for top titles every season. Look at Barcelona, while being praised as having the best academy in the world, they still make a few top class signing every summer to improve the team and just did again with Turan and maybe soon Pogba. We are talking about a team that just won the treble with ease.

Look at Bayern, full of homegrown players but they also know you still have to compete for the best players around to CHALLENGE. Once they tried to rely entirely on their youth a few seasons ago they ended up finishing like 3rd in Bundesliga and since then every summer they also make a couple of big additions that improves their 11, this summer it is Vidal.

Do you guys know why Arsene Wenger virtually abandoned playing youth in cup games now and actually looking to sign top class players? Because after a decade he realized that you cannot win anything with kids but the youth cup/league. Same with MU. Football is bigger than ever like @FulhamBroadway said, it isn't just a simple game of kicking the ball and trying to win title every season anymore, the business aspect is just as big as it is a huge global brand worth billions, hence the Sky deal proved.

Everyone who is 'fine' with us trying to intergrate our kids into the team should also not complain when we finishes 3rd in the league and get knocked out in the last 16 again by PSG/Juve/big 3 because in those games we happen to have to start Mikel/Moses(not specific but likely example of what will happen when our 1st team players are injured) and not Witsel/Pedro. If we really want to use youth more often then don't mind a couple of transition seasons also where we win nothing aka 2013-14 again. Me and lot of others on here are not fine with that because we care about competing with the very best year in year out, not with the team sheet making up of 5 kids from the academy when we could sign 5 world class players for those positions.

we do have the most talented bunch in history but we just fail to recognise it

we do have the most talented bunch in history but we just fail to recognise it

Well let's find out when we play a few of them as we will be forced to pretty soon when a few of the 1st team are injured and we have no quality backup by 1st of Sep.

Ramy = Ramires

Remy is far from dead weight.

As I said above, they are limited going forward. IMO, we only have one blessed wide man.

Thank christ you clarified that :lol: I was going to explode if you meant Remy

Thank christ you clarified that [emoji38] I was going to explode if you meant Remy

LOL!

I'm a big fan of his, so I have nothing but positive things to say most of the time. However, he didn't have a great game a few days ago.

LOL!

I'm a big fan of his, so I have nothing but positive things to say most of the time. However, he didn't have a great game a few days ago.

Remy had a good game. How was he bad? He scored a well taken goal, ran the channels well and generally looked lively in his 45 mins. Job done.

Remy had a good game. How was he bad? He scored a well taken goal, ran the channels well and generally looked lively in his 45 mins. Job done.

Missed an open goal and probably should have scored a few more. Bad might have been too harsh, but he didn't perform great either. He should be putting chances like that away with ease.

• 2 weeks later...

What do we gain/lose on the pitch by having a neat tidy Net Spend comparable to our rivals?

I havent lost hope that we'll sign some players, but the penny pinching and rumblings of unrest from JM about the lack of signings do not sit well with me. Hope its nothing.

I see that they're trying to go with this so called calculated, following fair play and all approach..

But honestly its too far.

We have to buy some "big names" to keep improving, to dominate the league and ofc get closer to the likes of RM, Barcelona etc.