The Board

On 06/09/2019 at 6:43 PM, Atomiswave said:

Ohh please dont remind us......utter incompetence, Alonso did well for 2 seasons, should have sold but was creditet with a new bumper contract, mad mad skills from us.

Good work Vesper, and your on the spot there. Thats why I said we must spend 300M easily. Get rid of the damn deadwood and spend quality on quality. Anything but and yeah RA is done for and have lost interest as so many rivals predicted. We should demand he Sells to someone that gives a fuck in that case imo. How much you wanna bet we will spend 120-140 and stop there, probably on tosh, god I hope not. Summer will be the time to judge RA, the board and Marina.....its THE time to understand what is up and where we are headed.

my ideal 2020 summer signings 

CB Alessio Romagnoli or Milan Skriniar (Shitty is going to make a huge move for Skriniar in January due to Laporte's knee injury, once again showing I was dead-on correct when I called them insane to not get another CB this summer when they had the best team in the world, or close to it, but basically fuckall for depth at CB, and even Stones could be improved upon IMHO)

CB Ibrahima Konaté or José Giménez

LB Luan Cândido (18yo potential superstar Brasilian, now on RB Leipzig, tall, 1.87m, so pacey, can be Emerson's backup and eventual upgrade)

RB Timothy Castagne - (Atalanta) or IF Reece doesn't come good, Lukas Klostermann

DMF  Sandro Tonali or Florentino (Benfica)

Wingers  TWO of these three: Jadon Sancho and/or Federico Chiesa  and/or Mikel Oyarzabal

CF Moussa Dembélé or Krzysztof Piątek

ALL those would be around £475-525m MAX and closer to £400m if you take Sancho and Klostermann, Florentino, and José Giménez out and replace them with the other options

the OLDEST player on that entire list is 24yo atm, most of them are 22yo and under

I hope those in charge have half the knowledge you have man.......sometimes you mention players I know none of lol. 400M? Man your dreaming Vesper lmao, Thers no way in hell we would do that eventhough we can afford it and ffp cant touch us. Im looking forward to it, it will show whether we have ambition or not.......the final judgement for those in charge atm.

21 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I hope those in charge have half the knowledge you have man.......sometimes you mention players I know none of lol. 400M? Man your dreaming Vesper lmao, Thers no way in hell we would do that eventhough we can afford it and ffp cant touch us. Im looking forward to it, it will show whether we have ambition or not.......the final judgement for those in charge atm.

I just showed player by player how we can have at least £500m in the kitty

I do not think it a stretch to go out and drop £400, £450m of that, buy some of those player before they become £50m to £80m themselves, and have a loaded, super young BUT still experienced and DEEP squad to run riot with

it yields a cash flow POSITIVE net spend, wherein Roman still pockets around £50m to £100+m in profit (depending on the the players purchased and sold and the price variations)

and again that is not counting a potential sale of CHO and Pedro (as we need to see IF he renews and what we need for depth)

and all that even after taking a potential/theoretical £200m LOSS (which is a monstrous amount in and of itself, and I am not going to once again itemise that out as I have done so on numerous occasions already and it drives me into a blue rage every time:rant:) in blown sale valuations due to extreme cock-ups and also horrid contractual management. The club is so so good at all other facets of the game but I truly cannot wrap my head around how utterly POOR they are at roster/quality/contractual management. The stadium is a huge issue BUT that is mainly on the goddamn Home Office for basically de facto banning (in effect if not via a strict 'colour of law' aka quasi-legal order) Abramovich due to his historical Putin ties.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

my ideal 2020 summer signings 

CB Alessio Romagnoli or Milan Skriniar (Shitty is going to make a huge move for Skriniar in January due to Laporte's knee injury, once again showing I was dead-on correct when I called them insane to not get another CB this summer when they had the best team in the world, or close to it, but basically fuckall for depth at CB, and even Stones could be improved upon IMHO)

CB Ibrahima Konaté or José Giménez

LB Luan Cândido (18yo potential superstar Brasilian, now on RB Leipzig, tall, 1.87m, so pacey, can be Emerson's backup and eventual upgrade)

RB Timothy Castagne - (Atalanta) or IF Reece doesn't come good, Lukas Klostermann

DMF  Sandro Tonali or Florentino (Benfica)

Wingers  TWO of these three: Jadon Sancho and/or Federico Chiesa  and/or Mikel Oyarzabal

CF Moussa Dembélé or Krzysztof Piątek

ALL those would be around £450-75m MAX and closer to £400m if you take Sancho and Klostermann and José Giménez out and replace them with the other options

the OLDEST player on that entire list is 24yo atm, most of them are 22yo and under

I think we will spend big on CB and winger. Apart from that, I don´t see us spending that much. Only if other players leave us, I could see us spending more. We lack in good wingers and we need a top class CB.

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I just showed player by player how we can have at least £500m in the kitty

I do not think it a stretch to go out and drop £400, £450m of that, buy some of those player before they become £50m to £80m themselves, and have a loaded, super young BUT still experienced and DEEP squad to run riot with

it yields a cash flow POSITIVE net spend, wherein Roman still pockets around £50m to £100+m in profit (depending on the the players purchased and sold and the price variations)

and again that is not counting a potential sale of CHO and Pedro (as we need to see IF he renews and what we need for depth)

and all that even after taking a potential/theoretical £200m LOSS (which is a monstrous amount in and of itself, and I am not going to once again itemise that out as I have done so on numerous occasions already and it drives me into a blue rage every time:rant:) in blown sale valuations due to extreme cock-ups and also horrid contractual management. The club is so so good at all other facets of the game but I truly cannot wrap my head around how utterly POOR they are at roster/quality/contractual management. The stadium is a huge issue BUT that is mainly on the goddamn Home Office for basically de facto banning (in effect if not via a strict 'colour of law' aka quasi-legal order) Abramovich due to his historical Putin ties.

We sure are good at most things but as you said roster/quality/contractual management we are so horrible at. And its such a crucial aspect.

Why Britain's richest man has not completed Premier League takeover amid Chelsea and Man Utd links

Sir Jim Ratcliffe was tipped to take over a Premier League club this summer before his recent purchase of Nice

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/britains-richest-man-not-completed-19883481

Britain's richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe couldn't 'rationalise' taking over a Premier League club.

Billionaire Ratcliffe is the founder of chemical company INEOS, who purchased Nice this summer.

He has since been linked with takeovers in England, amid links to Chelsea , Manchester United and Newcastle .

His brother Bob, who is the head of INEOS' football division, confirmed talks with boyhood club Chelsea but admits a deal didn't make sense.

"We spent quite a lot of time looking at Premier League clubs and their valuations," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"£5bn revenue from the Premier League, top six clubs being valued at £2bn and upwards and £450m of net profit before tax.

"It was difficult to rationalise purchases in the Premier League for us."If you look below the top six, they are all £150m and above.

"You are going to write a cheque for £50m and get in the Everton cup. Where are you going to go?

"I think the foreseeable future it is off the radar. We have a three to five year project in Nice and that will keep us busy."

Asked if he had face-to-face talks with Chelsea chief Roman Abramovich, he said: "No, no. There was some early exchange but we were a significant way apart on valuations.

"The issue with Chelsea is its stadium. We are all getting older and it is a decade of your life to resolve that."

Bob Ratcliffe was also pushed on the links to Newcastle, with owner Mike Ashley continuing his search for a successor.

He added: "You look at Newcastle, and we looked at a lot of clubs. You come back to a valuation in the hundreds of millions and it is difficult to contemplate."

snip

the stadium is going to be the thing that does us in for at least a decade :(

even if it had all went to plan before, we would not have moved in until 2025 or 2026 and had no home for 5 or 6 years (Twickenham said no, and there are serious issues with Wembley and the Olympic stadium (aka West Ham)

I love SB, we must stay on the same ground but rebuild. That looks way off the table now though. I bet if them arabs owned us they would tear it down and rebuild asap.

In todays footy its kinda a hinderence our stadium ( still lovely ), why cant we tear one section down and expand? Like pool and city did if im not wrong?

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Why Britain's richest man has not completed Premier League takeover amid Chelsea and Man Utd links

Sir Jim Ratcliffe was tipped to take over a Premier League club this summer before his recent purchase of Nice

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/britains-richest-man-not-completed-19883481

Britain's richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe couldn't 'rationalise' taking over a Premier League club.

Billionaire Ratcliffe is the founder of chemical company INEOS, who purchased Nice this summer.

He has since been linked with takeovers in England, amid links to Chelsea , Manchester United and Newcastle .

His brother Bob, who is the head of INEOS' football division, confirmed talks with boyhood club Chelsea but admits a deal didn't make sense.

"We spent quite a lot of time looking at Premier League clubs and their valuations," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"£5bn revenue from the Premier League, top six clubs being valued at £2bn and upwards and £450m of net profit before tax.

"It was difficult to rationalise purchases in the Premier League for us."If you look below the top six, they are all £150m and above.

"You are going to write a cheque for £50m and get in the Everton cup. Where are you going to go?

"I think the foreseeable future it is off the radar. We have a three to five year project in Nice and that will keep us busy."

Asked if he had face-to-face talks with Chelsea chief Roman Abramovich, he said: "No, no. There was some early exchange but we were a significant way apart on valuations.

"The issue with Chelsea is its stadium. We are all getting older and it is a decade of your life to resolve that."

Bob Ratcliffe was also pushed on the links to Newcastle, with owner Mike Ashley continuing his search for a successor.

He added: "You look at Newcastle, and we looked at a lot of clubs. You come back to a valuation in the hundreds of millions and it is difficult to contemplate."

snip

the stadium is going to be the thing that does us in for at least a decade :(

even if it had all went to plan before, we would not have moved in until 2025 or 2026 and had no home for 5 or 6 years (Twickenham said no, and there are serious issues with Wembley and the Olympic stadium (aka West Ham)

The bridge is the ninth biggest stadium in the PL thats not good enough for club are size 

26 minutes ago, the wes said:

The bridge is the ninth biggest stadium in the PL thats not good enough for club are size 

and has fuckall for lux boxes compared to the new stadia, between 20,000 less tickets sold and so many fewer lux boxes, its is KILLING US

I wish I was a multi-billionaire for ONE reason (literally the only one where I would need THAT level of wealth):

to buy Chels and make my dreams manifest, roflmaoooooooooooooooooo

it is really the only thing on earth I want down to the core of my soul but cannot afford :( (well a carbon-neutral planet too, cure all cancers, and to smash up systemic banker control, but those are beyond any one human's powers, and I have no demi-god complex, lol)

I still say Bezos should buy us :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

I love SB, we must stay on the same ground but rebuild. That looks way off the table now though. I bet if them arabs owned us they would tear it down and rebuild asap.

In todays footy its kinda a hinderence our stadium ( still lovely ), why cant we tear one section down and expand? Like pool and city did if im not wrong?

Shitty did not rebuild Maine Road, they retrofitted the 2002 Commonwealth Games City of Manchester stadium, Maine Road was demolished in 2004

and SB just doesn't have the expandabilty option

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Why Britain's richest man has not completed Premier League takeover amid Chelsea

lol, I think we posted this at the exact same time or very close, you beat me to it, sawwwy for the dupe:blush:

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and has fuckall for lux boxes compared to the new stadia, between 20,000 less tickets sold and so many fewer lux boxes, its is KILLING US

I wish I was a multi-billionaire for ONE reason (literally the only one where I would need THAT level of wealth):

to buy Chels and make my dreams manifest, roflmaoooooooooooooooooo

it is really the only thing on earth I want down to the core of my soul but cannot afford :( (well a carbon-neutral planet too, cure all cancers, and to smash up systemic banker control, but those are beyond any one human's powers, and I have no demi-god complex, lol)

I still say Bezos should buy us :ph34r:

Cancer have been cured long time ago, they just dont use it for obvious reasons. Central banking controls most of what you see and they take some of the most crucial decisions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, manpe said:

My bet is on Villas-Boas. Or maybe Mourinho.

Can't see it being anyone other than AVB given he started the segregation. Conte a potential outside bet (possibly wanting the funds used for his transfer wishes) but unlikely.

Mourinho in fairness did like the idea of promoting young players he just bottled it when he came to realise it would take time instead of win him a title there and then.