The Board

I do agree in general that we need more HG players, however for this season I was prepared to temporarily put it on hold due to the need to 'complete' our squad to challenge at the top.

Next year will be when it needs to change back again, starting with John Stones hopefully.

Oh God no, we have our own academy players you know!! Buying English talents is the same as buying foreign talents, you're not the ones who've produced them.

No one has mentioned this, but surely we must be well in the positive regarding our net spent considering we get fees for loans? We have 25+ players out on loan too. Obviously not all will enforce a loan fee, but some of the significant players i.e. Bertrand, Torres, T. Hazard, Piazon, Chalobah, MVG etc?

I'm not sure where to post this. Decided to post it in here.

While our board did a fantastic job in transfer. I want to point out that our marketing is not that impressive. Surely we are now quite marketable, right?

Take MU as our benchmark, well okay not have to be same amount MU sell their kits or having the same amount of store all over the world for an instant, but surely we should have got a much better amount of money every season from sponsorship. The gap is very big with MU, and seeing them could buy freely this summer, and possibly every summer, without having to sell players, make me angry.

Hope we could renegotiate the value of our sponsorship, or find a better one if necessary. With a player like Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Oscar, etc, I think we deserved better.

2004-05 :

outgoing = 94.45

incoming= 2.2

net = 92.25

2005/06

Incomings: £58.4m

Outgoings: £22.6m

Net spend: +£35.8m

2006-07:

outgoing = 68.5mil

incoming = 31

net = 37.5mil

2007/08

Incomings: £18.5m (Summer window only)

Outgoings: £29.14m (Summer window only)

Net spend: -£10.64m

2013-14

Incomings : 108.4m

Outgoing: 56.1

Net spend: 52.3mil

2014/15

Incomings: £85.3m

Outgoings: £85.2m

Net spend: +£0.1m

Total Net spend = 207.31m

United:

Incomings: 152 (including Falcao loan)

Outgoing : 30.3

Net spend = 123.3

84mil is a LOT of money if you spend it WISELY. look at us, we had a total spending of 85mil this season and our squad has to be one of the BEST on the world right now.

This is taking nothing away from the business our board has done since that fateful deadline day in 2011 where we bought torres and luiz. they have been brilliant. but that stat is definitely misleading.

To get this thread back on topic...

According to a study by CIES Football Observatory, we sold Luiz far more than he was really worth and bought Costa less than his actual worth..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/03/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-overpaid-study

• 2 weeks later...

Today's newspaper in Kosovo: 'Chelsea 'king' of transfers'.

Bayern MONACO is second , LOL.

Why is that funny? Bayern has done well and Bayern Munich is written as Bayern Monaco a lot of places. I at least have a hard time pointing towards a club having done better than Bayern other than Chelsea.

The whole world respects Chelsea now, says chief executive Ron Gourlay

I'd be interested in knowing what he attributes the bigger fanbase to.

26m to 400m, or whatever the numbers he stated are, is quite an incredible increase. But its been pretty evident how much more work we've been putting in to improving the Asian fan base. Long may it continue.

TV and internet streams coupled with aggressive marketing is what all top clubs do, but success on the pitch is paramount, otherwise profits plummet as has been happening with Man Utd. Fans want to be associated with winners.

The whole world respects Chelsea now, says chief executive Ron Gourlay

I'd be interested in knowing what he attributes the bigger fanbase to.

Good stuff.

If Gourlay feels that good about Mourinho then that's good.

The more support you have from your board the better.