The Board

Barkley, Palmieri and giroud is not bad business but it does seems like we are regressing. 

Going for second tier. 

We need players like hazard and it's going to be much harder if he leave this summer. 

I do not see a point in trying to prove that the board is doing good business when they are signing players like Bakayoko and Danny D for 80mln. And the transfer that were done this winter would be exciting and considered good for clubs like Watford. 

I was reading comments from the first pages of this thread and the difference to now is ridiculous. I actually think the boards become victim to its own success in the past in a way, we used to go out, target players and they’d be signed within a week or two. Other clubs took notice: City, United, Arsenal, Spurs have all started doing the same and now we are going the other way in trying to spend less. Not even looking to sign players now a days unless they are generally under 23 and can grow and it it doesn’t work out can still make the club money (few exceptions recently). Think we need to go back to frying bigger fish, beating top clubs to top players in some instances, Kyle Walker and Alex Sandro would have been huge for us this summer. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I was reading comments from the first pages of this thread and the difference to now is ridiculous. I actually think the boards become victim to its own success in the past in a way, we used to go out, target players and they’d be signed within a week or two. Other clubs took notice: City, United, Arsenal, Spurs have all started doing the same and now we are going the other way in trying to spend less. Not even looking to sign players now a days unless they are generally under 23 and can grow and it it doesn’t work out can still make the club money (few exceptions recently). Think we need to go back to frying bigger fish, beating top clubs to top players in some instances, Kyle Walker and Alex Sandro would have been huge for us this summer. 

Imo it has nothing to do with becoming victim or being complacent, we are simply cannot compete with City, United and maybe Arsenal in term of transfer power plus our signing this season especially Bakayoko has been disappointing.

We cannot sign Walker and Sandro because we dont't have the money. Emerson + Zappacosta cost less than kyle walker.

I much prefer to sign a world class midfielder rather than spend it on Baka+Drinwater (I have to admit I thought Baka is going to be good for us) this season to complement Kante and keep chalobah but who should have we signed ?

Money poorly spent again. 

We have spent a decent amount it’s just been spent on shit. The board don’t seem to understand investment. Managers will Continue to come and go and they will end up panic buying on players with no say from a manager. They will find it hard to attract top managers as this club is poorly run and we’ve been through many of the top managers around before. 

How can you not back a manager that took us from a team that finished mid table to winning the league? 

No stability at this club at all

Fed up with this shit 

Money spent badly, half hearted performances from half hearted players, manager expected to work with players just thrown at him, manager becomes annoyed and board sack him.

Chelsea FC.

typical of this club to sell or loan players out before getting replacements in, we start the game against Bournemouth with no recognized striker, all because of our shit transfer planing, not making excuses because the whole team was shit, just fuck off, highly paid primadonnas, not even capable of getting the job done at home against fucking Bournemouth, never mind the big teams, if your hearts are not set in Chelsea just fucking leave and stop dragging this club and managers down.

Forgot about Christensen. I was just thinking about yesterday and forgot Christensen was subbed early. Rudiger IMO isn't quality just yet.
He isn't complete shite either. He can actually play ball and seems very determined, think he would put his body on the line for the team if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Palmieri- Coming back from ACL injury

Barkley- Recovering from serious torn hamstring, hardly kicked a ball for 10 months

Giroud- Bought on the day we allowed a player out on loan,  Batshuayi goes and Giroud joins but can't play as he's joined too late.

:clap: There is no plan, it's scatter gun purchasing because of the cheap prices.

I really don't know what to think at this point. Acknowledging that we aren't going to sign the top players does not mean we cannot build a strong team, but at the same time it leaves us all wondering where the club is headed.

Ultimately, I just want to see some better football on the pitch --and we need a lot more than Hazard to do that up top. Summer window's priorities should be another striker, another RW who can score (where was the Salah buyback clause?), another defender and another CM. With those 4 summer signings, we will see how many are top players or rising superstars.

This summer will define Chelsea's future prior to the new stadium's construction or whatever landmark you choose. It might be a while until CFC rise again.

Not an awful window that others suggest IMO. Chelsea are not yet decided on the future of their manager and haven't hired anyone for Emenalo's position yet. To me, the club have been confused since signing Torres.