The Board

4 minutes ago, Leif said:

Yet Arsensen got Ronaldo to fucking PSV. That was a huge scoop, even if he was well known by the point, clearly no big clubs thought he was quite as good as it turned out, and he sold him for a world breaking amount at the time. That is good scouting, even if he didn't come from out of nowhere. 

Nothing is as crazy as these repeated posts in multiple places that Emenalo 'discovered' Hazard, the most hyped player at the time, that he discovered De Bruyne, who was literally, straight up, no other words to say it, 'discovered' by Piet de Visser, as well as Courtois. I don't know who 'discovered' Lukaku, the hottest thing perhaps in Belgian League history at the time, but I'd presume Piet de Visser knew of those exploits before Emenalo, considering he's the one who's been knee-deep in Belgium for 10 years. He found Musonda too. So stop this lie, and stop robbing a genuine man of credit.

Erase Piet de Visser's incredible Belgian work, and the 'discoveries' we've made amount to Oscar. 

Edit: And Miazga, Papy, Kenedy, Piazon....:lol:No manager of ours signed van Ginkel, either. I really wanted van Ginkel, but what was i, 15 years old or something? I knew nothing. He should have. He didn't.

Oh and Marko Marin :lol::lol:I wonder if he 'found' Azpilicueta though, because we were going through a shaky period then, so surely he was in charge of transfers. If he chose him, for whatever reason, some credit goes to him.

11 minutes ago, Leif said:

Nothing is as crazy as these repeated posts in multiple places that Emenalo 'discovered' Hazard, the most hyped player at the time, that he discovered De Bruyne, who was literally, straight up, no other words to say it, discovered by Piet de Visser, as well as Courtois. I don't know who 'discovered' Lukaku, the hottest thing perhaps in Belgian League history at the time, but I'd presume Piet de Visser knew of those exploits before Emenalo, considering he's the one who's been knee-deep in Belgian for 10 years. He found Musonda too. So stop this lie, and stop robbing a genuine man of credit.

Erase Piet de Visser's incredible Belgian work, and the 'discoveries' we've made amount to Oscar. 

I agree with your overall point. But just think not giving Arnesen credit for bringing such a talent as Ronaldo to PSV, is a bit silly. That was an incredible signing for PSV and although he was well known and not discovered by Arsensen, he was the one who thought highly enough of him to sign him at that young age. 

On Lukaku obviously every scout and their mother knew about him, by the time he played for Anderlects youth team and many probably before that as well. But it was Ariel Jacobs who gave him the chance and believed in him even at a very young age. Still think Emenalo should get credit for signing so many of these huge talents, it's not just about being the first to know about them, but also thinking they could be worth the money. Hazard however it's hard to give much credit for, lots of clubs were more than willing to pay the money. We can thank Drogba, RDM and some heroic defending in Munich for that more than Emenalo.

15 minutes ago, Leif said:

I wonder if he 'found' Azpilicueta though, because we were going through a shaky period then, so surely he was in charge of transfers. If he chose him, for whatever reason, some credit goes to him.

I think Azpi was an AVB target in January 2012 and we went for him after missing out on Van der Wiel.

And now I'm cringing at the thought of having VDW instead of our current vice-captain!

Another valid reason for wanting him gone, simply, is for a fresh start. Every club needs fresh renewal at times. And I don't understand how it could be argued he's worth keeping for that fresh start - I wouldn't be able to rationalise anybody's worry regarding him leaving; obviously we can only get someone more qualified in. We don't lose quality with this. We don't lose the ability to attract or pay top players, do we? 

We can only upgrade in quality, if his position is given to somebody else. How is that not worth celebrating? We celebrate upgrading players - why not him? Because he's 'nice'? That's called an Arsenal mentality.

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Andrea Pirlo confirms his retirement after final New York City game

I wonder if we are putting Pirlo for that role?

One completely unqualified guy for the job, to a even less qualified player for the job. Nah.

Just now, calculatingInfinity said:

One completely unqualified guy for the job, to a even less qualified player for the job. Nah.

U don't need to be qualified to do that job you need somebody who can draw talent players in pirlo is great role model and an icon why not giving it to someone like him

I think the most accurate post regarding all of this comes from a user on CFCNet.

- Interesting news. Personally, I’m not a critic of Emenalo. Likewise, I find it hard to praise him for what is the easiest job in football. Let’s be honest here, the guy has probably taken a lot of unfair stick, but I would say unjust praise too. With a considerable budget in hand, it’s not difficult to spot talented players who fit the blueprint of what the club are looking for. Anyone who watches football on a regular basis can spot these players when working to a specific club strategy. I could list numerous players I have flagged on here before they broke through, so whilst it’s in interesting in the potential power play in club hierarchy. His achievements both good and bad would be overrated in both aspects. -