The Board

The board did an amazing job. People won't be happy as long as we have a black dude and a white russian chick running the business,  but this "board" is probably the best one in Premier League.  My dream is that someday something like this could happen:

CrNgeyXWAAAcY-e.jpg

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

The board did an amazing job. People won't be happy as long as we a black dude and a chick running the business,  but this "board" is probably the best one in Premier League.  My dream is that someday something like this could happen:

CrNgeyXWAAAcY-e.jpg

I must admit, I have absolutely nothing against Emenalo if he did his job well, but as goes for Marina...well I will always think females are less suited for football, no matter how intelligent or educated. Its in dudes nature to understand football more and in the end when footballers we want talk to our representatives, Im sure they give alot more interest and respect to someone who is excellent in football business ala Peter Kenyon than someone like Marina.

Similar is with Ac Milan, back then in 2011 when Barbara Berlusconi was appointed, it went all down for them until this year.

Hope the board are smiling after this 

CHELSEA SQUAD IN DETAIL

Chelsea have registered 21 senior players - of which four are Home Grown (Victor Moses, Cesc Fabregas, Gary Cahill and Danny Drinkwater).

They are allowed to register up to 25 but have not used the full allocation.

And with several of their top youngsters on loan, it seems like Antonio Conte has a relatively small squad to work with.

That list of 21 also includes Diego Costa, who is currently in Brazil and refusing to return to training.

32 minutes ago, mccg said:

They are allowed to register up to 25 but have not used the full allocation.

This somewhat a potential misleading statement though. If we include our under-21 players, we have more than 25 players and fulfill the minimum 8 HG players.

Would be correct to say we're allowed to register 25 senior players but have not used the full allocation. We're sort of HG senior players, but we can fulfill the requirement with kids.

35 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

This somewhat a potential misleading statement though. If we include our under-21 players, we have more than 25 players and fulfill the minimum 8 HG players.

Would be correct to say we're allowed to register 25 senior players but have not used the full allocation. We're sort of HG senior players, but we can fulfill the requirement with kids.

Think the main thing in the statement was counting 2 keepers and Kennedy+Musonda, Cfc have 21 "senior"players to play in more matches this season, could have done with 3 or 4 homegrowns good enough for back up. Specially the way this window ended.

6 hours ago, mccg said:

Think the main thing in the statement was counting 2 keepers and Kennedy+Musonda, Cfc have 21 "senior"players to play in more matches this season, could have done with 3 or 4 homegrowns good enough for back up. Specially the way this window ended.

Exactly, don't forget Christensen. We register Remy and Costa and exclude Baba on the 21 players list though, so basically it is 19 senior players we got, plus Kenedy, Musonda and Christensen. So, we have 22 players in the first team squad with 4 HG. Remy and Costa will be omitted in January, so basically we can sign another 2 non-HG players by then.

6/10 transfer window imo. Conte made such a good season that I would expect the board to try harder and bring him at least plan B targets, not plan F like Zappacosta. I was hoping for new LWB and RWB who would be improvement over current players, now we have Zappa and Moses who are on the same level and only Alonso on LWB and when you see how much games the team has only in September and you can realise that the board didn't do well.
The depth in CBs is more than enough imo, it's probably the only position where Conte can make a lot of rotation, unfortunately for him CB is not a position that requires a lot of rotation :D
4 midfielders look okay when you think that we had only 1 fit in the second game of the season :D I'm actually happy with our choices for CM, yeah Drinkwater might be underwhelming for such kind of money, but is a HG and gives us good and experienced option on the bench.
Hazard, Pedro, Willian and Musondo sound okay for AM, of course we need a bit of luck to keep all of them injury free through the season and hope Musonda can step up in some matches and make an impact for the team.
Morata and Bats only sounds a bit risky, it's Alvaro's 1st season in England so it might be difficult for him and also might be not ready to play full 90 minutes yet as he was mostly used as a sub in Real. Bats didn't show anything good since his pre-season match against Arsenal. The boy needs to clear his mind, because I believe he will get far more opportunities this season, if he doesn't take his chances, he might leave even in January if Chelsea find new striker.
I was hoping the board to bring world class players who can bring the club to another level and fight for CL and PL this year, can't see this happening now though, again we have to rely on Conte's magic to turn avarage players to world class ones.

2 hours ago, King11Didier said:

6/10 transfer window imo. Conte made such a good season that I would expect the board to try harder and bring him at least plan B targets, not plan F like Zappacosta. I was hoping for new LWB and RWB who would be improvement over current players, now we have Zappa and Moses who are on the same level and only Alonso on LWB and when you see how much games the team has only in September and you can realise that the board didn't do well.
The depth in CBs is more than enough imo, it's probably the only position where Conte can make a lot of rotation, unfortunately for him CB is not a position that requires a lot of rotation :D
4 midfielders look okay when you think that we had only 1 fit in the second game of the season :D I'm actually happy with our choices for CM, yeah Drinkwater might be underwhelming for such kind of money, but is a HG and gives us good and experienced option on the bench.
Hazard, Pedro, Willian and Musondo sound okay for AM, of course we need a bit of luck to keep all of them injury free through the season and hope Musonda can step up in some matches and make an impact for the team.
Morata and Bats only sounds a bit risky, it's Alvaro's 1st season in England so it might be difficult for him and also might be not ready to play full 90 minutes yet as he was mostly used as a sub in Real. Bats didn't show anything good since his pre-season match against Arsenal. The boy needs to clear his mind, because I believe he will get far more opportunities this season, if he doesn't take his chances, he might leave even in January if Chelsea find new striker.
I was hoping the board to bring world class players who can bring the club to another level and fight for CL and PL this year, can't see this happening now though, again we have to rely on Conte's magic to turn avarage players to world class ones.

Yeah again the board have failed to kick on when winning the league(kinda feels we have stayed the same while others have gone forward) and the way the window ended was abit of a shambles, and we are probly 2 top players away from being confident for the season(fingers crossed with injuries+suspensions ) hopefully we get to January in contention in league+champions league(not fussed with da other this season hope we play alot of youth tbh) and try to add or recall loanees if needs be!

Unless we are sort of money, actually we should have utilized all of the quota we have. It would be useful to have all the necessary reinforcements while playing in 4 competitions at some point. We know Remy and Costa won't playing again for us, so included them on the list is meaningless. Should have replace them with backup LWB and backup CB/winger at least.

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Unless we are sort of money, actually we should have utilized all of the quota we have. It would be useful to have all the necessary reinforcements while playing in 4 competitions at some point. We know Remy and Costa won't playing again for us, so included them on the list is meaningless. Should have replace them with backup LWB and backup CB/winger at least.

Mmm don't think we are short of money lol i know I AM !!! Think we had the budget and primary targets like Sandro but that didnt go well and then "normal players" either went somewhere else or weren't available. But yeah the basic ideology sounds way too sensible for Cfc and our board on many issues.

Untitled.png

Nice wee look at what we have to go into battle with this season or until window opens again! Our first 11 hopefully when all fit and in the groove will give most teams a headache or 2! Now for luck and magic from Conte!

4 hours ago, King11Didier said:

If we don't started bring in better class players I can see Hazard wanting to leave our club