The Board

16 hours ago, Fernando said:

It's August 30 :ph34r:

i tagged you 2-3 weeks ago saying it was time to start worrying, I am not thrilled with the developments in the market either. It is very strange and one day soon they will have to answer. But the market is still open so i expect a positive attitude from you since you support Chelsea just like i do!

WTF is our chief negotiator doing. It the first time in decades that players from lesser teams have actually turned us down. Wasn't so long ago that we were the team that most players would join at the drop of a hat. Now it almost seems that were some sort of pariah. WTF is Maria saying to those players. Whatever it is certainly doesn't inspire or create a vision of what we are all about and what we want to achieve. Need to get Frank and Didier onboard as ex players they would certainly convince a new generation of incoming players of what were about. BTW its noticeable that since Gourlay left our transfers has been decidedly heading south. Beginning to wonder whether he wasn't indiscreetly pushed by Roman for Maria to fill that aspect. Anyway we seem to have lost our appeal need to get that PR machine working to show everyone what we know as fans that this is a great club that's ambitious to be the best and wants to win all the top prizes.

You get the impression that Marina has done herself no favours and in football circles has the reputation as a hard arse who you can't do business with. Think the Llorente deal is the straw that broke the camel's back as far as I'm concerned. He's been on our radar since the January window and Spurs pinch him from under our noses.

This is just the worst transfer season. We were the laughing stock all the way through which is just sad from a fan's perspective.

Right from Lukaku saga right up until the end... this is just depressing. And the transfers that we did also not the greatest (really hope that Morata comes through, I don't want the curse of number 9 shirt to haunt him) the transfers also don't instill confidence that Chelsea want to be a great club. It seems like we are happy just wining local silverware once in every few seasons.

Very average transfer window despite the fact we spend near to 200m on new recruits. Post winning the title everyone knew that we need to strengthen in few places by either getting upgrades in terms of world class players and have backups so that we don’t run out thin by Jan/Feb, injuries, bad form.

So what do we do? Got potentials to replace our star players, a midfielder who would be like 4th/5th choice, a wing back who no one has a clue about … in return we sold 2 potentials players, a so called average player who was instrumental in the 2 titles win is now strengthening our direct rivals, a star striker who is sitting in Brazil and refuses to come over while multiple potentials out on loan. Plus the bonus is that we kept getting rejected by average players!!! Damn even Lukaku!!!

I understand transfers are difficult tasks to execute that’s the reason the people assigned for the job get top money. Imagine we have a bad/average season the manager’s head is chopped off, would the owner do the same for the one in power because this is surely an average window. And then we blame that the manager is not good enough to win titles at the club (in most of the cases)

The problem now for us is that the entire onus is on Conte to perform and take the team to winning ways again basically clean up the shit that the board has given him. This season it wouldn’t be ease for him … both Manchester clubs have strengthen very much in the right places, Liverpool is an unknown just like Spurs. All the managers are the same (the ones in the title race) and have matured after one more season under their belt so it will be a difficult task for Conte to win the title this season.  Wouldnt be surprise if he walks away or is sacked which would be the most unfortunate thing for us.

Marina needs to go ASAP. She has been embarrassing the club for years now. At first when she took over everything seemed okay with that Fabregas/Costa window, but ever since she hasn't been up to it. It's like something has happened behind the scenes so clubs and players refuse to deal with us. Kenyon and Gourlay got their fair share of stick back in the day, but I would take either of them back in a heartbeat.

Unless something in the board's policy changes, we are going to struggle in the next transfer windows. Look at the prices, they are becoming crazy. If you want a superstar in your team, you have to pay an extreme figure now. Our board is penny-inching even when it comes to a couple of millions for Llorente. Something needs to change for sure.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Marina needs to go ASAP. She has been embarrassing the club for years now. At first when she took over everything seemed okay with that Fabregas/Costa window, but ever since she hasn't been up to it. It's like something has happened behind the scenes so clubs and players refuse to deal with us. Kenyon and Gourlay got their fair share of stick back in the day, but I would take either of them back in a heartbeat.

She took over in 2013, and during that transfer window, they spent the whole summer chasing Rooney and ended up signing Eto'o two days before the deadline, and in that sense, every summer since then has been similar to that one.

This basically confirms who is responsible for the deals, but I have no doubt that the next time something goes wrong, fans will scream #EmenaloOut.

The transfer window is closed and I have to say, our business has been one big mess in the market. Made some good deals - Rudiger, Bakayoko, Morata - but overall, it's a joke that most of the players were bought to replace outgoing ones rather than add depth into the squad. Compare last season's squad to this season's and the numbers are almost similar (excluding those that barely got a look in) and the biggest annoyance of all is we didn't bring in another LWB and ST. We have 4 competitions, will likely play at least 50 games this season and the board expect us to compete on all fronts with just a total of 3 players in both of those positions? It's a joke. One major injury to either Alonso, Morata or even Batshuayi and we're totally screwed.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

The transfer window is closed and I have to say, our business has been one big mess in the market. Made some good deals - Rudiger, Bakayoko, Morata - but overall, it's a joke that most of the players were bought to replace outgoing ones rather than add depth into the squad. Compare last season's squad to this season's and the numbers are almost similar (excluding those that barely got a look in) and the biggest annoyance of all is we didn't bring in another LWB and ST. We have 4 competitions, will likely play at least 50 games this season and the board expect us to compete on all fronts with just a total of 3 players in both of those positions? It's a joke. One major injury to either Alonso, Morata or even Batshuayi and we're totally screwed.

I like how somebody here said that Alonso is the biggest loser of this window - he will now have to bend over and play 7486463 games. He should send Marina a gift basket for consolidating his place.

New stadium to fund and Roman really pulling in the strings, we must prepare ourselves for more of this in the coming seasons. It's been an horrendous window, it's now up to the players as a group to dig deep and keep winning trophies, but I really do expect things to be very tough indeed.