The Board

3 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Yet another week just passed and yet again, nobody arrived. For the rest of the transfer window, we will need a new singing a day.

A couple of posts above: "Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia has stepped up..." :lol: There have barely been any rumors in the previous week, it is unbelievable.

Ox, Drinkwater, Llorente and I'm satisfied with the window. Don't forget that we still need to offload Remy and Costa. I have my doubts that Marina can pull off 5 major transfers in 3 days lol. We'll probably get Ox and call it a day, at least he can cover in 5 positions.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Ox, Drinkwater, Llorente and I'm satisfied with the window. Don't forget that we still need to offload Remy and Costa. I have my doubts that Marina can pull off 5 major transfers in 3 days lol. We'll probably get Ox and call it a day, at least he can cover in 5 positions.

Won't be surprised if we still end up stuck with Costa to be honest. Dude made it difficult for himself by wanting to join a team that won't fork out the money to sign him.

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

21122693_10210434953498643_1771423660212495973_o.jpg

1ulm8a.jpg

This entire thing that Marina and the board are working hard so we will have 3 transfers done by end of the window is now more sounding like a broken record. We just keep getting these things (true or not, no one knows) but there isnt anything happening with 3 more days to go. 

The rumors of our supposed "need" to sign homegrown players are greatly exaggerated.   We are currently using only 14 of our 17 HG slots.  One of these is being wasted on our 3rd string Goalkeeper, Eduardo.   I'm nearly certain there is better value and quality to be had with non-homegrown players in this market, which makes our obsession with Chamberlain and Drinkwater all the more puzzling/frustrating.

The boards incompetence in regards to signing players is nothing short of staggering. I’m actually fuming at how this has happened again.

I honestly expected things to be different this summer after what Conte achieved last season.

But no-he’s been sold down the river in regards to sufficient reinforcements and we will now pay the price with a worn out squad by January.

On 28/08/2017 at 1:42 PM, coolhead23 said:

This entire thing that Marina and the board are working hard so we will have 3 transfers done by end of the window is now more sounding like a broken record. We just keep getting these things (true or not, no one knows) but there isnt anything happening with 3 more days to go. 

Well one day to do it .. Off they go..

Our signings have actually been decent so far. Improving our striking (Llorente) or centre back (Van Dijk) options would be good but not essential

But how we've left it so late with no full back or defensive/central midfield cover is terrible. As good as they are we really don't want to be moving Luiz into midfield and Azpilicueta out wide too often.

Hate to think that the board are working hard on transfers especially since the harder they work the more players we seem to loan out. Also do the actually understand that they are supposed to be buying established players not untested youngsters. Guess it isn't about experience in the job at board level  just a shame Roman doesn't allow his managers the same opportunity in the job. Marina should be loaned out because given the fact that she a terrible negotiator it's the only way she's getting a transfer.