The Board

45 minutes ago, Adnane said:

I'd even go as far as stating that almost NO manager in Roman's tenure has even been sacked wrongly. 

If you take a look at our performances and squad health before each of the sackings, the only one you can make a case for is Ancelotti, with the board letting him down big time in the 2010 summer and sacking him for not delivering the season after. 

I'd go even further and say all with the debatable exception of Carlo should have been done sooner. I don't class Jose mark 1 as a sacking but with the benefit of hindsight (ie it being proven beyond doubt how unsuitable he is long term) the right call was made and should have been made in the summer of 2007.

Manchester United title bid strengthened by Nemanja Matic signing, says Phil Neville

Phil Neville believes Chelsea's "horrendous" decision to sell Nemanja Matic has strengthened Manchester United's Premier League title bid.

"I can't think of a reason why Chelsea would sell him," Neville said. "If Nathaniel Chalobah or Ruben Loftus-Cheek were still there they could get rid of Matic and play a younger kid.

"You would applaud that but those players aren't even at the club now. They have weakened their own team and strengthened Manchester United, who now have a better chance of winning the Premier League than Chelsea.

"United were crying out for a central midfielder with the qualities of Nemanja Matic. He is probably the best in England alongside N'Golo Kante.

"Chelsea have broken up that partnership and strengthened their rivals. All of a sudden United are in the driving seat ahead of Chelsea to win the Premier League.

"Chelsea are weaker than last season - no Diego Costa, no Matic - and I'm concerned for them. Is Tiemoue Bakayoko a similar type of player to Matic? Will he gel alongside Kante?

"Matic has intelligence and experience of the Premier League. Bakayoko has not and I saw him in the Champions League last year. He was good in some games, inexperienced in others. He will take time to settle.

"I think the [Matic] sale at this moment in time, with that Chelsea squad, could cost them the league."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10981623/manchester-united-title-bid-strengthened-by-nemanja-matic-signing-says-phil-neville

The real problem — or rather, one of — is pretty clear right now : we are managed by modern businessmen who think and act like modern businessmen... that is, short-term productivity.

Let's take a trivial analogy : a car producer. That man has 100 workers who have produced 100 cars in the year X. For that car producer, who is a modern businessman, the aim for the year X+1 will be (i) either to produce 120 cars with 100 workers or (ii) produce 100 cars with 80 workers.

How does it fit with our club ? Well, Conte — or any other manager for that matter — has won the League with 20  players last season ; to Roman Abramovich's eyes, the aim for this current season is to win the League with 15 players. That is what happened in 2010-11 with Ancelotti and this is what happened with Mourinho in 2015-16 and this is what happening today with Conte — and this is what will happen all over again as long as we are managed by businessmen.

It might be a legit strategy for a business, but a football club is not a business, let alone a modern business.

IT is well established that we dont have a competent board

9 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

A competent board would have brought new signings before the season started. A logically thinking board should be acting and spending already at today's half time. Our board is offering 15m for Drinkwater.

Seriously, several players need to be signed, and I don't care about the fees. And here's hoping, they won't be spending on average players. Chelsea FC should not be that club.

I mean look at the Costa issue, they are dragging it on for so long.

No new signings, I  am really lost as to what this board is thinking. Selling without any thought of getting some one in*sigh*

Selling ake, Chalobah who are better than not having anyone.

3 hours ago, Styles said:

The board didn't make Cahill captain. The board don't dictate tactics or who is in the starting 11.

Blame them all you want but Conte is equally at fault and if the board needs to be replaced then so does he.

Might have agreed with you if Conte had all the players requested at his disposal but that isn't the case and the board in their infinite wisdom have taken the attitude that less is more. If I wanted to get the best then I'd expect to pay the price. It because the board are business men that they look for short cuts. Cutting corners only leads to disaster. Our board seem to have lost the plot when it comes to transfers. Remember a time when we actually had a board that was decisive. Now we seem to dither and quibble over a player for weeks like the Alex Sandro fiasco.  Should have just moved on to the next target weeks ago. yet we hung around like an old girlfriend. Board have made us look like a complete ass. Where is our credibility gone. It's just a shame that Roman isn't as ruthless with his board as he is with managers. 

On 7/24/2017 at 8:22 PM, Chelsea? said:

So why did we get ride of all the promising youngsters he signed cause Jose wanted to?

if this guy is behind our transfers the last 10 years then he needs an appreciation thread. Look how much City have spent to net only to EPL trophies compared to us.

Also, I think we can all agree this guy doesn't decide how much we will spend on a player, whoever makes that decision, is the one in charge of our transfers. 

Sorry! but you can't keep a man in a job based on previous history. It's about today and right now he's well past his sell by date and their are a few others in that category. When it happens once it's a learning curve but to happen again it's just plain ignorance. Taxi for the man!!!! 

5 hours ago, Zolan025 said:

Sorry! but you can't keep a man in a job based on previous history. It's about today and right now he's well past his sell by date and their are a few others in that category. When it happens once it's a learning curve but to happen again it's just plain ignorance. Taxi for the man!!!! 

Marina is the one u shld go after not Emenalo

17 hours ago, milan.cech said:

A competent board would have brought new signings before the season started. A logically thinking board should be acting and spending already at today's half time. Our board is offering 15m for Drinkwater.

Seriously, several players need to be signed, and I don't care about the fees. And here's hoping, they won't be spending on average players. Chelsea FC should not be that club.

Exactly Yep!!! They've had ages. We've had problems for a while winning the league paved over those but was pretty clear that we'd need strengthening next season or risk a struggle. Champions league to deal with as well and yet...nope!!!

Fees don't bother me it ain't my money lol. 

Drinkwater lol..times definitely hard! That's before we've even started on the stadium! 

This is genuinely looking like it's doomed. Regardless of who is to blame, CFC really don't know WTF they're doing. Season started, 2.5 weeks to go in window and in order to compete this season with any shred of seriousness and high morale, CFC need another 4 or 5 players --and hedging on "4 or 5" is a compromise for an "aspiring big club."

Again, we're not a "big club" that knows WTH it's doing.

Might be time for two divorces, not just one.